Ayr United v Greenock Morton

Well...

This looks like being a relegation battle already on the 10th.

If Morton lose then Duffy will be under real pressure to go.

A tight 1-0 will do but where the goal is coming from is anyone's guess. Reality is that b*****d Harkins will have a field day

Gaston

Doyle, Kilday, Oware, Russell

Nesbitt, Lindsay, Tidser, Tiffoney

Quitongo, Oliver

That's who I would play but the lack of a team is awful, Oliver should never be in the team and forbes needs benched. Will be lucky for any of our players to hit double figures which is just embarrassing.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get today out the road first, but hoping to get a win out of this with. Hoping Balatoni can help improve the defence and this is a game Harkins can showcase himself. The squad is coming together nicely now, just need to get a settled team and a structure to the team that suits our personnel.

2-0 Nisbet and Harkins.

Total shame game material here. Fail to win and Duffy simply has to go. We will lose and he will not go, with the refusal of some in our support to criticise allowing the board to ignore our slide towards relegation for a bit longer.

Forrest probably earned himself a start for next week with todays perfoamnce, goal and an assist, can't really grumble with that.  Sounded like a 4-3-3 from what I read/seen.  Don't think you'll see too many changes to that team.  Personally i'd go with:

Fleming

Devlin  Balatoni  Meggat  Boyle

Docherty  Adams

Forrest  Harkins  McGuffie

Nisbett

Subs: Hart, Murphy, Crawford, Gilmour, Cairney, Thomas, O'Connell

Think we're more likely to see one of Gilmour/Cairney to start ahead of McGuffie, but I reckon he should be rewarded with a start.

27 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Forrest probably earned himself a start for next week with todays perfoamnce, goal and an assist, can't really grumble with that.  Sounded like a 4-3-3 from what I read/seen.  Don't think you'll see too many changes to that team.  Personally i'd go with:

Fleming

Devlin  Balatoni  Meggat  Boyle

Docherty  Adams

Forrest  Harkins  McGuffie

Nisbett

Subs: Hart, Murphy, Crawford, Gilmour, Cairney, Thomas, O'Connell

Think we're more likely to see one of Gilmour/Cairney to start ahead of McGuffie, but I reckon he should be rewarded with a start.

Personally would start Gilmour over one of Forrest or Mcguffie after his performance last week. Other than that I would go for the same. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Play 2 up top for this one. McGuffie and O'Connell.  By far our most useful players in attack.  

McGuffie looks much better through the middle than out wide. 

Just fire lots of crosses in - you'll stick one of them away for sure.

46 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Just fire lots of crosses in - you'll stick one of them away for sure.

Big O'Connell hasn't had much of a shot but seems to look a bit better with every game he gets on for.  I'd think he would cause a few problems against your defence over the course of a game.  

His fairly hopeless debut seems a long time ago now. 

Archived