Irn Bru Cup Round 4

LoonsYouthTeam

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Have Falkirk ever got Ayr at home in a cup tie?

Played them a few times in the cup and seem to think they were all at Somerset.

(This is where a know all shows you a game you've forgot about)

Ayr United have only ever played cup ties away to Falkirk four times. 1-1 League Cup 26th August 1959 : 4-4 League Cup 2nd September 1961 : 2-2 Anglo Scottish Cup 7th August 1975 : 2-0 to Ayr League Cup 4th October 1978.

Guest DAVIDB69

I suspect the Irish Welsh teams would probably have wanted hibs or Dundee United for an opportunity to prove a point and a big or away day.

Welsh teams losing to Alloa would probably get little enthusiasm down there for the future of this competition .

Although the sponsors would ultimately want a hibs v Dundee United final with a 40000 crowd

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'll leave it at that as it'll become boring. I just assumed Broony meant Linfield because of the OF connection.

SD doesn't despise the OF at all, let alone enough 

It's probably his only real failing as a poster.

S4C have a live match at 5.15 on October 8th and say that it's a Scottish Challenge Cup tie - I'd be very surprised if they travelled out of Wales so think it will be the Bala v Alloa tie.

I'm thinking of driving from Port Talbot to Oswestry and catching the TNS supporters club bus up to Forfar!

17 minutes ago, Port Talbot Loons said:

S4C have a live match at 5.15 on October 8th and say that it's a Scottish Challenge Cup tie - I'd be very surprised if they travelled out of Wales so think it will be the Bala v Alloa tie.

I'm thinking of driving from Port Talbot to Oswestry and catching the TNS supporters club bus up to Forfar!

Do you support a Welsh team?

A bus load of us go down to Port Talbot from Dumfries to watch Afan Lido once a year. Sponsor a couple of players as well.

Absolutely love it at Marston Stadium!!

Bala state their game with Alloa will be Saturday 8th.

If twitter is an accurate gauge quite a number of Rangers fans say they'll be coming to support Linfield, so QotS may get a reasonable away gate.

Would rather they didnt. Seen enough of them manky bigots in the last 2 seasons

Its probably a bizarre once in a lifetime away/home combined jaunt.Id go for it i really would.[emoji2]

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

SD doesn't despise the OF at all, let alone enough 

It's probably his only real failing as a poster.

Agreed. I think it's not being from WOS and a naivety about the true nature of the beast

1 hour ago, WILLIEA said:

Agreed. I think it's not being from WOS and a naivety about the true nature of the beast

Behave yourself. In what way am I not from West of Scotland? No idea about your background but I'm as much from West of Scotland as Monkey Tennis or 19QOS19. I dont feel the need to describe a whole group of people I have never come across as "cretins" and I know very little about Linfield beyond them effectively being Northern Ireland's 'Rangers'.

8 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Thanks for that 

I found a ferry leaving at 11:30 and arriving 13:45, and one returning same day at 7:30 arriving 9:50.

Walk on passenger so leaving the car parked at Ferry port in Stranraer for £25 which I thought was pretty good so will see how many of us fancy it and get that booked up, but again obviously that all depends on what date the game is on, would be handy knowing ASAP. 

Stena Line moved out of Stranraer a few years ago, now in Cairnryan.

If you keep an eye out they quite often do specials for foot passengers costing £10 for a return trip. This also includes an all day bus ticket for Belfast.

14 hours ago, fruitbowl said:

What a load of whinging tripe.

cool as f**k, I suspect you think its a top idea, that the spfl have organised what is an embarrassment of a cup across the irish sea or one in which you have to go through three countries to get to. A competition that attracts around 500 fans per game. They have basically thought, we'll get a few quid for a TV deal, f**k the rest of the fans that actually have to go to it, they can be out of pocket to go see a mind numbingly shit game that feels like a friendly.

11 hours ago, spacekid84 said:

Do you support a Welsh team?

A bus load of us go down to Port Talbot from Dumfries to watch Afan Lido once a year. Sponsor a couple of players as well.

Absolutely love it at Marston Stadium!!

I live about 5 minutes walk to the Lido !! Nice little ground but a very obscure team you've picked - fair play to you though.

11 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

Its probably a bizarre once in a lifetime away/home combined jaunt.Id go for it i really would.emoji2.png

I'm just waiting on the TNS website to update details of a trip to Forfar and hope the times will enable me to join up - certainly would be different!!

Archived