Under 21's vs Macedonia

Gianfranco

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another example that shows that the traditional "diddies" are getting much, much better.  Macedonia, Georgia, Lithuania, anyone of their ilk are now far more technically able than we are.  We've stood still for decades while they've gotten better, and I can see us getting more results like that over the next few years if we continue to treat them as inferior.  I didn't see the first half, but from the second they just did what Georgia did last year.  Got ahead, were very well organised, and then just let us scuttle ourselves.

Everyone on the pitch. 

Really? I've seen him play well at that level before but he didn't play well tonight, if you didn't know he was the guy Lisbon signed for 3 million whilst watching tonight and you had to have a guess you would've never have guessed him

Ryan Gauld is a class above. If he has improved this much without kicking a ball in Portugal, we've got a player on our hands. 

I'm assuming this is a joke. He wasn't even the best player in Scotland's midfield let alone "a class above" everyone else on the park.

Spose it's an indictment of where we are that no ones that surprised that Macedonia have came to Scotland and beat our under 21's.

Quick glance at our group says that's us pretty much out, yet another failure to qualify for a tournament.

Iceland are top of our group FFS.. What are they doing :lol:

Gauld played well, he vanished in the second half when we decided to do our version of "baws oot", as he was trying to get us playing a possession game from deep, while everyone else was simply piling into all the gaps and stunting our own attacks.

Again though that comes down to Sbragia, instead of trusting the likes of Gauld and Henderson, who could've created hundreds of chances, he pumps five forwards on the pitch and makes us easy as f**k to defend against.

Archived