Strip the honours....new enquiry?

Following on from Alex McLeish telling us what we all knew anyway, & admitting that Rangers DID in actual fact gain a sporting advantage, Is it now time for the SPFL to open a new enquiry into this since they got the outcome of the last one spectacularly wrong. McLeish said...

"If we didn't pay the money on wages Celtic were paying we'd have been behind them"

Surely anything won during the EBT years should be struck from the history books since they were won unfairly. Not only that but It's just the latest thing that HMRC will use when he is also implying that the EBT's were in fact wages. So taxable earnings then.

Several clubs lost out on honours & prize money. What's people's views on this?

IMG_1472769094.005794.thumb.jpg.f8b04a59IMG_1472769144.044546.jpg.5244c3b7d0fe2b

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to say I was surprised at how well Celtic behaved officially after all this came about. All the other clubs acted with remorse and some dignity when under admin. Rangers behaved like it was an injustice and still do. 

I think the fair thing would be for the sfa to have stepped in and say that you have two options.

Continue as Rangers minus the tainted titles or continue as a different new club.

I didn't really see the point of allowing millionaires playing part time sides as a punishment.

Mods: Punt this shite to the OF playpen please.

Cheers muchly. 

1. There is no 'Old Firm'
2. This is a matter that goes beyond Celtic & Rangers

Rangers died.

Who is to say you would of won those titles anyway, lets face it thats what your getting at.

We lost a load of our best players to Rangers in that time, we were paying mega bucks and our taxes, so who knows?

Of course the titles bother me & McLeish himself admits without doing that they would be behind us. As he said, it even came down to 1 goal.

However, other teams lost out to them in honours...QoS lost a cup final right off the top of my head.

Have to say I was surprised at how well Celtic behaved officially after all this came about. All the other clubs acted with remorse and some dignity when under admin. Rangers behaved like it was an injustice and still do. 

I think the fair thing would be for the sfa to have stepped in and say that you have two options.

Continue as Rangers minus the tainted titles or continue as a different new club.

I didn't really see the point of allowing millionaires playing part time sides as a punishment.

I think Celtic were like many other top flight clubs & would've preferred the The Rangers to go down to the Championship. The board would be thinking more about the £ rather than the right or wrong of all this.

Just now, Davie Bhoy said:

Yes, but it's been started by a paranoid Celtic fan with a massive inferiority complex about Rangers, and let's face it Davie, you were not remotely interested in other clubs when you started this mewling nonsense (well, apart from one).

You don't actually think a new investigation will be opened from a couple of lines from an ex Rangers manager on a decidedly average TV documentary do you?

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Of course the titles bother me & McLeish himself admits without doing that they would be behind us. As he said, it even came down to 1 goal.

Aye it could of been us as Caniggia and McCann were playing for them on that deciding day.

Give us our fucking title!

Yes, but it's been started by a paranoid Celtic fan with a massive inferiority complex about Rangers, and let's face it Davie, you were not remotely interested in other clubs when you started this mewling nonsense (well, apart from one).

You don't actually think a new investigation will be opened from a couple of lines from an ex Rangers manager on a decidedly average TV documentary do you?

Not on that alone but how can anyone say that they wouldn't have had a sporting advantage when one of their managers is admitting they did get a sporting advantage.

The rest of your post is a crock of shit btw.

Just now, Davie Bhoy said:

Not on that alone but how can anyone say that they wouldn't have had a sporting advantage when one of their managers is admitting they did get a sporting advantage.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO      FERGUS  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

11 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

1 minute ago, Davie Bhoy said:

We lost a lot more than the rest put together right enough.

And so it begins....

Archived