Biggest FM meltdowns

Stellaboz

Shyte, you'll have loaded it back up...

I didn't. Took it on the chin, reassembled and absolutely romped the title the following season. [emoji5]

Better yet, Barrow who beat me in that play-off final finished bottom of League Two so that's pleasing.

Watford are really shite in it too. They're in League Two with me now. [emoji23] who'd have thunk it.

• 1 month later...

So ive lost 7 seasons worth with East Fife, Europe League group stage main stay, 2 Scottish Cup wins, the lot as it cant load my saved game for no faking reason. FCK FM, FCK STEAM FCK SEGA FCK SI GAMES FCK EAST FIFE!!!!!!! HOURS AND HOURS OF WASTING MY LIFE NOW A..... A BIGGER WASTE. FFFFCCCCKKKKKKKFFFFFFF

15 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

So ive lost 7 seasons worth with East Fife, Europe League group stage main stay, 2 Scottish Cup wins, the lot as it cant load my saved game for no faking reason. FCK FM, FCK STEAM FCK SEGA FCK SI GAMES FCK EAST FIFE!!!!!!! HOURS AND HOURS OF WASTING MY LIFE NOW A..... A BIGGER WASTE. FFFFCCCCKKKKKKKFFFFFFF

It's happened to me too many times to remember. It also reiterates how important it is to backup a save. Even if it's every half season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Playing an older version of FM as my laptop is pretty shan.

Playing as Hearts away to Hibs in the Scottish Cup.

3-0 Hibs after 52 minutes. I'm having a mare.

Get it back to 3-1 and then 3-2 with 10 to go.

Injury time, my wee Maltese regen i found goes through on goal, rounds the keeper, I start to celebrate and vision one of the best derby comebacks ever.

He squares it to the back post, no striker anywhere near. Ball rolls out for a throw in.

****ing Maltesers.

• 1 year later...

I couple of the more crazy things that happened to me on the game would have been around 2002/03 season.

I choose at random before starting to do a Livingston save. First couple of seasons was steady top 6 finishes nor quite making Europe and last 8 of both league and Scottish Cup. 

In the 3rd season came the crazy goings on.  I got drawn at Ross County in round 3 of the league cup, at half time I was one nil up and comfortable, I kicked the second half off and had to leave the game playing as I had something to attend to.  I came back and found the keeper had been red carded after 53 minutes, I made the changes to bring on the sub keeper but ended up losing 5-1.  I assumed he had been sent off for the foul in conceding the penalty, but on reading the match report erupted with absolute rage the red card was for headbutting the ref.  I got a message after the game saying the keeper had been handed an immediate 18 month global ban as a result. I instantly terminated his contract.

The other thing that season involved a highly rated youth who I loaned to Clyde at the start of the season.  I did not keep a regular eye on his progress and in fact had nearly forgot he was there.  I got a message in early saying a Clyde player was retiring from the game with immediate effect sd he felt victimised by referees.  I checked the name and it was the 17 year old I loaned Clyde, don't know how he managed it but he had been sent off 5 times in less than 6 months, I was extremely angry as he had very high potential and was now lost to my save.

Archived