The Ryder Cup 2016

peasy23

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just cant get myself convinced that under Clarke's captaincy - we can win this again. Would take a tie right now.

The foursomes picks look strong bar the last pairing, but I would have switched the order. Even the possibility of our strongest team in Rose/Stenson not winning a full point against their strongest team is poor. Rory is the best player in the world right now, and him and Sullivan should have went out first as I see them having the best chance of taking down their big two. It would also have signalled an intent on Clarke's part not to take what was so good at Gleneagles and replicate it.

Westwood & Pieters is just bizarre. Pieters should have been blooded in fourballs where his length of the tee could have been utilised better with a steady driver, even like Westwood - but having to depend on his driving at alternate holes is a big ask.

Also, porr in my opinion is putting his three wildcard picks in ahead of guys who have qualified. Don't particularly like Willet, but the guy performed under the severest of tests at the Masters, and is would have been my pick to play with Westwood.

Hope to get proved wrong, but I fear the US team have looked at things as meticulously as McGinley, where Clarke is going down a treacherous route of safe and easy(like his wildcard picks).

Archived