Beith vs Cumnock

joker1982

Firstly, fair play to Beith for the win.

But that ref was defo a homer. He gave Cumnock nothing, other than yellow and red cards. He made the game all about him which is the ultimate sin from a ref.

Anson needs to give himself a talking to after that stupid tackle. Cumnock were still in the game until he got himself sent off. And the fact he will prob miss 3 games just makes it even more stupid.

I'd be more worried about your defence than what the ref did or did not do. Two silly mistakes cost Cumnock the game, not the ref. Can't say too much about the Anson sending off as I was behind bottom goals and can only gauge that it was a bad tackle due to the reaction from our bench and the fans that were beside it. Lundie was unlucky to be booked in the first half for a high challenge which was only a foul in my eyes, but he knew he was on a booking when he swore at the ref so was deservedly sent off.

The ref made a lot of mistakes today not just to the detriment of Cumnock but they both teams, it will balance itself out during the season and I'm sure Cumnock will get dodgy decisions in their favour.

I'd be more worried about your defence than what the ref did or did not do. Two silly mistakes cost Cumnock the game, not the ref. Can't say too much about the Anson sending off as I was behind bottom goals and can only gauge that it was a bad tackle due to the reaction from our bench and the fans that were beside it. Lundie was unlucky to be booked in the first half for a high challenge which was only a foul in my eyes, but he knew he was on a booking when he swore at the ref so was deservedly sent off.

The ref made a lot of mistakes today not just to the detriment of Cumnock but they both teams, it will balance itself out during the season and I'm sure Cumnock will get dodgy decisions in their favour.

I agree as much as the ref was terrible it was 2 bad mistakes that cost us the game yesterday apart from that there wasn't much between the 2 sides

13 minutes ago, bawrash said:

I agree as much as the ref was terrible it was 2 bad mistakes that cost us the game yesterday apart from that there wasn't much between the 2 sides

Indeed I though Cumnock were excellent in possession but seemed to lack just a wee bit of a cutting edge that would have caused us problems, where as Beith looked dangerous every time they got within range of the Cumnock goal and both goals although mistakes by the Cumnock defence were well taken by the beith strikers especially McLeans lob over the keeper. 

Anson sending off I have no complaints over, wreckless challenge from behind with no attempt to win the ball.

However Lundie's sending off is poor as well as a few of the other yellows in the game, 1st yellow is soft and if the second is a yellow then there could be a yellow for every player every game.

As for the game two mistakes decided the game in an otherwise even match.

2 hours ago, joker1982 said:

But that ref was defo a homer. He gave Cumnock nothing, other than yellow and red cards. He made the game all about him which is the ultimate sin from a ref.

Anson needs to give himself a talking to after that stupid tackle. Cumnock were still in the game until he got himself sent off. And the fact he will prob miss 3 games just makes it even more stupid.

Was it not 2-0 to beith before the first red card ? 

Admit at 1-0 I was a bit concerned regarding the game being far from settled but at 2-0 I felt comfy with things regarding the three points so I don't think the first red card was hugely significant in terms of the score . 

5 hours ago, joker1982 said:

" Fair play to beith for the win but the ref was defo a homer " 

You do realise that using these words in the Same post is a complete oxymoron don't you surely? :lol: 

The ref and far side linesman were up there with the worst I have seen in my 40 years of following Cumnock. 

The anson red was a yellow card and why he rules out the McKenzie header I will never know. 

The Beith fans I was standing next to agreed with this. 

Over the piece Beith deserved their win and look a very solid team with some dangerous attackers.

Cumnock will play worse but take something from games, however the defence/GK needs to cut out the silly mistakes.

ATN

2 hours ago, CumnockIan7 said:

The ref and far side linesman were up there with the worst I have seen in my 40 years of following Cumnock. 

The anson red was a yellow card and why he rules out the McKenzie header I will never know. 

The Beith fans I was standing next to agreed with this. 

Over the piece Beith deserved their win and look a very solid team with some dangerous attackers.

Cumnock will play worse but take something from games, however the defence/GK needs to cut out the silly mistakes.

ATN

The Mckenzie header was a clear foul as he went through our player to get to the ball and the referee stopped the play right away , there wasn't a single protest from a Cumnock player which speaks volumes . 

No a single beith  fan I've spoke to thought that the goal should have stood as it was a blatant foul . 

39 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

The Mckenzie header was a clear foul as he went through our player to get to the ball and the referee stopped the play right away , there wasn't a single protest from a Cumnock player which speaks volumes . 

No a single beith  fan I've spoke to thought that the goal should have stood as it was a blatant foul . 

Looked like a shoulder to shoulder challenge to me but everyone see things differently. 

The gentleman and his son I was standing beside both said they didn't see much of an infringement. 

Hooefully we bounce back on weds at Kilbirnie.

19 minutes ago, CumnockIan7 said:

Looked like a shoulder to shoulder challenge to me but everyone see things differently. 

The gentleman and his son I was standing beside both said they didn't see much of an infringement. 

Hooefully we bounce back on weds at Kilbirnie.

I really hope you bounce back on Wednesday at kilbirnie too :) 

Archived