Forfar v Rovers

4 hours ago, terracingtam said:

Forfar fans that criticise  the Stewards. piss me off , If you can do better ------- get your name down !!!! 

Totally bizarre comment.  Why would a football fan apply to be a steward and then have to face the 90 minutes facing away from the pitch? (Cowdenbeath fans need not respond)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

The town centre was the other way. His kicking is worse than pish

Strangely I actually like his kicking.  He has a far more attacking philosophy than any keeper in recent history who just hoofed the ball up the park with no other thought than getting it as far up the park as possible.  He plays the ball up the wings and into space and has set up a fair few attacks in the 4 league games so far.  As far as I remember, he's not conceded a goal or come close to conceding a goal from a non-rushed kick-out but has certainly caused real issues for the other defence.

A fair few go amiss but normally for a throw-in in the oppositions half that causes next to no threat.  A fair few also end up getting headed out by a defender leading to an attacking throw in. 

His time wasting, however, does my nut in.  Pisses me off whenever I watch any keeper doing it.

As for today's game, the correct team won on the day.

Kennedy was impressive just because for such a young lad to have a first half horror show, to having a near faultless second half display speaks volumes. Malcs and Munro dominated, TOB was superb, Cox ran his guts out yet again and Peters was on fire.

For Raith, I expected more of Benedictus and, as for Skacel, he was a complete fud.  Constantly whinging about decisions that were correct and faking an injury late on in the game.  I remember when he was great to watch, a real disappointment today.

Strangely I actually like his kicking.  He has a far more attacking philosophy than any keeper in recent history who just hoofed the ball up the park with no other thought than getting it as far up the park as possible.  He plays the ball up the wings and into space and has set up a fair few attacks in the 4 league games so far.  As far as I remember, he's not conceded a goal or come close to conceding a goal from a non-rushed kick-out but has certainly caused real issues for the other defence.

A fair few go amiss but normally for a throw-in in the oppositions half that causes next to no threat.  A fair few also end up getting headed out by a defender leading to an attacking throw in. 

His time wasting, however, does my nut in.  Pisses me off whenever I watch any keeper doing it.

Kennedy was impressive just because for such a young lad to have a first half horror show, to having a near faultless second half display speaks volumes. Malcs and Munro dominated, TOB was superb, Cox ran his guts out yet again and Peters was on fire.

For Raith, I expected more of Benedictus and, as for Skacel, he was a complete fud.  Constantly whinging about decisions that were correct and faking an injury late on in the game.  I remember when he was great to watch, a real disappointment today.

Munro seems to be benefitting greatly from playing along side malky. Oh how we missed him last season. O brien goes with out saying the guy has a been a revelation since moving into midfield , gets stuck in , class on the ball and dangerous whenever it falls to him 40 yards out from goal.

7 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Spot on comment Loonytoons.

3 hours ago, nofixedability said:

We're fair racking up the goal of the season contenders already, Milne and TOB having a personal contest?!

TOB's 2nd against Elgin was a thing of beauty, from winning the ball in deep to skinning the defender in the box.  Best goal we're likely to see this season.

38 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

TOB's 2nd against Elgin was a thing of beauty, from winning the ball in deep to skinning the defender in the box.  Best goal we're likely to see this season.

Agreed but Milne's against Berwick and again yesterday were great strikes, all through the team we seem to be having a lot more shots from range this season.

51 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Agreed but Milne's against Berwick and again yesterday were great strikes, all through the team we seem to be having a lot more shots from range this season.

Indeed, a great thing to have in the locker and from more than one player, it must be hell to defend against.  That said, I'm a passing man to be fair. 

Long range strikes are as likely to end up in row Z.  Roberto Carlos spent 15 years trying and failing to emulate that classic goal.  One-twos ripping apart defences are so much more easy on the eye.

11 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Indeed, a great thing to have in the locker and from more than one player, it must be hell to defend against.  That said, I'm a passing man to be fair. 

Long range strikes are as likely to end up in row Z.  Roberto Carlos spent 15 years trying and failing to emulate that classic goal.  One-twos ripping apart defences are so much more easy on the eye.

Great highlights on both teams websites. Well worth two or three looks from Lewis hitting a cracker, Tam O'Brians back heel to set up Danny, Josh scoring twice with either foot, the second  after great touches from Swanks and Marc, and Skipper Stewart putting in a superb block to save a certain goal. Football with smiles on their faces.    

Archived