Celtic v Rangers

4 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Daviebhigot said it was made to look like a suicide, none of your spineless fans could offer a reasonable explanation. You wonder why someone might think there is a link between boyds brothers suicide and Celtic fans having dolls with Rangers scarves hanging from the stand?

It's okay though keep shifting the blame onto me to deflect from the real issue here.

So because of what Davie said it led you to get yourself into such a frenzy about the Kris Boyd angle?  Who knew he has such an influence on you.

I'm not shifting any blame about any issues here.  Merely pointing out that you were wrong and made yourself, and now continuing to make yourself, look a right tit.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was a fantastic game. Thought Celtic were miles ahead of the Rangers at the weekend, the way Celtic pressed and kept the ball was just night and day compared to a them. Rangers creative players like Kranjcar and Mckay only contributed to the game defensively, kicking the stars out the sky when the likes of Rogic and Sinclair danced past them. The gulf in class is so much bigger between the two sides than it was when Ronny Deila took his team to Hampden and beat the lower division side in 2015. You could probably have put together a Celtic team from the players who didn't start or weren't in the squad and they would have horsed Rangers too. Looking at those two teams you would never guess that their net spending over the summer is about the same. Toure, Dembele and Sinclair have come into the Celtic team and become some of the best players in it. Rangers signing strategy this season harks back to their first year in existence in the Third Division, only they have replaced SPL has beens like Kevin Kyle with Championship level has beens like Clint Hill. I was never impressed with their signings last year but at least guys like Halliday were the right demographic in terms of age and still having something to prove. Does Warburton really want guys like Joey Barton in his squad at the expense of 4 or 5 others who could be brought in for his substantial wages? 

Brendan Rodgers is the real deal, a manager of the highest calibre. With all due respect to Neil Lennon and Ronny Deila it's just night and day.  They made changes out of desperation or hope, Brendan makes the change that he knows will make the difference. In every game this season his substitutions have been vindicated and none more so than the decision to bring on Stuart Armstrong, it's not a coincidence that he keeps getting these decisions right. Rogic did well but he was clearly knackered after a hefty travel schedule, Armstrong has been spinning his wheels for the past year but he absolutely dominated Joey Barton et al when he came on. What a performance from Moussa Dembele, not just his goals but the ball through for Sinclair and his general linkup play. Hard to believe that he is only 20 years old and given the way Leigh Griffiths has been playing it's hard to believe that he does not automatically walk back into the team when fit. Bitton and Brown dominated the midfield battle despite Rangers extra man in their. At the back bar a lapse of concentration from Lustig at the back post and questionable goalkeeping from DeVries we gave them nothing. Was good to see Roberts back, he danced past the Rangers defence a few times but still looks like he has yet to pick up some match sharpness. 

All in all, a great day out. Incredible atmosphere from the home fans. Unbelievable that some sections of the media are concentrating on blow up dolls after the annihilation we witnessed. On that whole fiasco, I've never lost anyone to suicide by hanging so I won't presume to tell anyone who has what they should be offended by. On reflection, outside of the heat of the moment those involved in bringing the dolls may wish to consider whether it is something they are proud of and if there is anything they can do to make up for the offence they have caused. It's clear to me and I think most fair minded people that there was no intent to offend anyone other than the fans in the opposite corner who were screaming obscenities all day too, but it's been picked up on now. Cannot believe the attempts to link the tragedy involving Kris Boyd's brother to the display. There's just no connection whatsoever and the only people disrespecting that boys memory are those linking his death to this in order to have a go at a club they hate and distract from their own teams failings. 

Neil Lennon wouldn't have stopped at 5. He'd have utterly crushed them.

So how did a Celtic fan smuggle a sash and a Rangers scarf through without security pulling them out?

Security searches football fan and finds two blow up male sex dolls, a Rangers scarf and a Sash............Sash!!?

(a bit strange but perfectly normal behaviour for Celtic fans (one tried to smuggle a fully grown sheep and a box of welly boots though the other week) and none of these items can be described as dangerous to others)

.....''carry on, enjoy the game'' .......weirdo:lol:

41 minutes ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

On reflection, outside of the heat of the moment those involved in bringing the dolls may wish to consider whether it is something they are proud of and if there is anything they can do to make up for the offence they have caused. It's clear to me and I think most fair minded people that there was no intent to offend anyone other than the fans in the opposite corner who were screaming obscenities all day too.

That's the best argument in favour of having the two sides play each other every Saturday in perpetuity I've ever read. 

48 minutes ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

Blah blah blah... too short, didn't read... blah, blah

Cannot believe the attempts to link the tragedy involving Kris Boyd's brother to the display. There's just no connection whatsoever and the only people disrespecting that boys memory are those linking his death to this in order to have a go at a club they hate and distract from their own teams failings. 

Missing the point entirely.  Of course there's a fucking connection.  His brother killed himself.  Whether or not that connection went through the "minds" of those reprobates who put up the dolls is utterly irrelevant, as anyone with half a brain will tell you.  Kris Boyd's brother killed himself.  Celtic fans put up blow up dolls in nooses. How did they think that would be perceived?  A bit of witty #bantz?  Did nobody say, "hang on a sec, lads, perhaps we ought to have a bit of common decency here?"  But of course, it's Celtic fans, who seem to think they can do what they want.  Perception be damned.

"But but but I know what I think they meant..." isn't an excuse.

The last part of that paragraph makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  You basically seem to be arguing that Celtic fans (as opposed to the near universal condemnation from every other group of fans) are the only ones "respecting" Kris Boyd's brother.  Which isn't entirely a surprising point of view.  

51 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

It's disgraceful is what it is.  It's now certainly looking like it was some form of mock execution (on a blow up doll).  

That's all right then. Harmless family fun.

I'd be quite happy if this match from now on was sold to the Chinese or Americans as long as the matches can take place over there (points east) or over there (points west). And of course the rest of Scottish football benefits from the cash pot this would provide.

Missing the point entirely.  Of course there's a fucking connection.  His brother killed himself.  Whether or not that connection went through the "minds" of those reprobates who put up the dolls is utterly irrelevant, as anyone with half a brain will tell you.  Kris Boyd's brother killed himself.  Celtic fans put up blow up dolls in nooses. How did they think that would be perceived?  A bit of witty #bantz?  Did nobody say, "hang on a sec, lads, perhaps we ought to have a bit of common decency here?"  But of course, it's Celtic fans, who seem to think they can do what they want.  Perception be damned.

"But but but I know what I think they meant..." isn't an excuse.

The last part of that paragraph makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  You basically seem to be arguing that Celtic fans (as opposed to the near universal condemnation from every other group of fans) are the only ones "respecting" Kris Boyd's brother.  Which isn't entirely a surprising point of view.  

I'm pretty sure they didn't think of Boyd's brother at all, the people that are making that link, highly disturbing.

What does Kris Boyd or his brother have to do with Rangers?

They quotation marks :lol:

And no you're not. Kris Boyd plays for another team and scored against them a few weeks ago

Linking the 2 is absolutely brutal

Wow. You really are blaming the complainants for the actions of the Celtic fans. Can you not possibly conceive of why hanging dolls from nooses might be perceived as tasteless? Really?

Wow. You really are blaming the complainants for the actions of the Celtic fans. Can you not possibly conceive of why hanging dolls from nooses might be perceived as tasteless? Really?

I never said that. Of course it's tasteless.

Trying to say it was aimed at Boyd is just as tasteless though.

1 hour ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

On that whole fiasco, I've never lost anyone to suicide by hanging so I won't presume to tell anyone who has what they should be offended by. On reflection, outside of the heat of the moment those involved in bringing the dolls may wish to consider whether it is something they are proud of and if there is anything they can do to make up for the offence they have caused. It's clear to me and I think most fair minded people that there was no intent to offend anyone other than the fans in the opposite corner who were screaming obscenities all day too, but it's been picked up on now. Cannot believe the attempts to link the tragedy involving Kris Boyd's brother to the display. There's just no connection whatsoever and the only people disrespecting that boys memory are those linking his death to this in order to have a go at a club they hate and distract from their own teams failings. 

Fucksake this whole passage is utterly cringeworthy.

Could have been a bit of a banana skin for us after having beaten the clubs that are likely that be our main challengers this season, given the hype around it. It was a pretty efficient job putting them to the sword. Think Brendan is putting a decent side together 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It clearly wasn't aimed at Boyd.

It's a horrible form of imagery in any context, exacerbated by the sub plot of Boyd's brother.

The long and short of it is that sort of 'expression' has no place in any football ground in any country, irregardless.

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Fair enough, but  what most non-partisan people are doing, quite rightly, is attempting to empathise with the Boyd family - and the thousands of other victims of suicide. It's all about the complete lack of empathy shown by whoever came up with that idea.  The vast, vast majority of fans inside that stadium knew fine well what happened to the Boyd family this week.  

Accusing complainants of being just as tasteless as the Celtic fans is plainly ridiculous, and I think you know that.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It clearly wasn't aimed at Boyd.

It's a horrible form of imagery in any context, exacerbated by the sub plot of Boyd's brother.

The long and short of it is that sort of 'expression' has no place in any football ground in any country, irregardless.

I think that's fair comment.

Fair enough, but  what most non-partisan people are doing, quite rightly, is attempting to empathise with the Boyd family - and the thousands of other victims of suicide. It's all about the complete lack of empathy shown by whoever came up with that idea.  The vast, vast majority of fans inside that stadium knew fine well what happened to the Boyd family this week.  

Accusing complainants of being just as tasteless as the Celtic fans is plainly ridiculous, and I think you know that.

Empathising with them because it was suicide prevention day, aye no bother I agree although Im pretty sure they wouldn't really be wanting any of this just now.

Saying that they were directly aiming it at an ex Rangers players brother when it's clearly nothing of the sort just seems pretty sick.

Archived