Celtic v Rangers

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Astounded some Celtic fans seem more determined about making the point it wasn't about Boyd, than taking any issue with the fact some of their support decided to depict people being hung in a public arena filled with children.

Then again, maybe I'm not.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Astounded some Celtic fans seem more determined about making the point it wasn't about Boyd, than taking any issue with the fact some of their support decided to depict people being hung in a public arena filled with children.

Then again, maybe I'm not.

Called it on the last page. The 'think of the children' card.

Sex dolls. Yip, dolls for sexual deviancy. That's what you're in a nizzy over.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Kevin Sausage said:

You must sit near to me then, I was right below the blow up dolls, section 143 I sit in.

I'm in 101, so they were possibly a wee bit along from me. Assume the 'Style Mile Vandals' are the guys with the drum in the upper tier at that corner.

47 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How many people are actually genuinely offended by what the fans do at these games and how many just do their best to show faux outrage?

I'll admit that if the dolls were aimed at Boyd's brother I genuinely would be, but I don't believe they were for one second and find it amazing some people are trying to link the 2.

More disturbing than the dolls themselves.

I think people are genuinely offended by this because it shows yet again our country in a poor light regardless of who it was aimed at, the poison hasn't gone away. How many countries was this shown in?.

Its a shame because the football which was what really mattered from Celtic in this case was great.

Just now, ICTChris said:

Remember when Celtic fans were so stoic about offensive chants and banners from other teams?

I expressed my couldn't give a fuckery about the damaged toilets last night. We have our own tedious offence seekers though, no doubt about that.

Just now, The OP said:

I'm in 101, so they were possibly a wee bit along from me. Assume the 'Style Mile Vandals' are the guys with the drum in the upper tier at that corner.

Im at the top of the bottom tier if that makes sense, right below the curve where the two dolls were hanging from. Pretty sure those SMV dafties are right above my section.

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

Course it doesn't, but it's one of the funny quirks of the internet that people cretinously share offensive things as widely as possible, to express their disgust. I recall after the bin lorry countless people sharing a post by a complete nonentity on twitter who made a joke about it. 

Plus points for people creating their own motivations for this one.

Shoot the messenger, it's your fault for pointing out this is unacceptable. That's some really brilliant work there.

Particularly enjoy the sharing a single idiots tweet vs pointing out that displaying hung effigies to a crowd of 60k and a massive "worldwide audience of millions" is drawing attention to it. Suppose I'm just desperate to be offended and I should be fucking ecstatic that this is how Scottish football is represented on the world stage.

Well done for suggesting it's our fault tho, really stunning work.

imo Warburton strength is signing players for very little. Signing nearly 20 players over nearly two seasons for less than £3m.

:lol: This is Scotland. He's spent nearly 3m escaping the Scottish championship, building a team not good enough to beat Hamilton or Killie. That's more than all non-OF clubs have spent combined since season 10/11 (that's as far back as I checked, it likely goes much further).

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Shoot the messenger, it's your fault for pointing out this is unacceptable. That's some really brilliant work there.

Particularly enjoy the sharing a single idiots tweet vs pointing out that displaying hung effigies to a crowd of 60k and a massive "worldwide audience of millions" is drawing attention to it. Suppose I'm just desperate to be offended and I should be fucking ecstatic that this is how Scottish football is represented on the world stage.

Well done for suggesting it's our fault tho, really stunning work.

60,000 people didn't see it. Even if there were 60,000 people there I didn't see it so it's 59,999. No-one I was with saw it so we're down to 59,996.  I've watched the game back on TV and it wasn't on there either. So our millions upon millions of fans worldwide didn't see it. 

Again, I just found it ironic that people are worried about the message this sends but are ensuring it has a far larger audience than it otherwise would. I was in the stadium, below it or near as dammit, and had no idea this took place until 10am today. I also didn't know it was suicide awareness week so it has raised awareness of that which is good.

:lol: f**k off OP, it raised awareness :lol:

I thought your previous work could not be surpassed, kudos. Raised awareness :lol:

A shame, because the effort to try and identify all the people who didn't see it, ergo it's just other people drawing attention to it, would normally be worthy of a mention but it's been completely eclipsed. Raised awareness, get the f**k out of here :lol:

Nice try. The vermin element of your 'support' were all over Twitter yesterday making all sorts of remarks and references to the sex dolls representing Boyd's brother.

Well as I was at the game and then in the pub until about 9:30ish, I wasn't really doing social media yesterday. If there have been any idiots doing as you claim then the morons need berated. I did see Celtic groups passing on their public condolences to Boyd which you failed to mention, so you could just focus on the negativity and try to make the link between Twitter comments and effigies.

23 minutes ago, The OP said:

I expressed my couldn't give a fuckery about the damaged toilets last night. We have our own tedious offence seekers though, no doubt about that.

This "offence" lark is just stupid.

I wouldn't say l was 'offended' by any of it.  I think it was pretty bloody poor though.  It's pathetic on here that saying so, even in a fairly relaxed way, has to be portrayed as a display of outrage or somesuch nonsense.

Just now, williemillersmoustache said:

I thought your previous work could not be surpassed, kudos. Raised awareness :lol:

A shame, because the effort to try and identify all the people who didn't see it, ergo it's just other people drawing attention to it, would normally be worthy of a mention but it's been completely eclipsed. Raised awareness, get the f**k out of here :lol:

I was being deadly* serious with that comment btw. We should raise awareness of awareness weeks so no-one accidentally hangs an effigy during one.

*Not a dig at any minor celebrity's dead relatives

4 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Will the fans be organising a fund raiser for this good cause, too?

You are a fucking idiot. No doubt you'll have every Sellik fan and group in the world on your social media, but didn't see anything though...

The 'zombie', 'dead club' etc, stuff has been going on since 2012. Your 'support' had the opportunity to pull this sex-doll stunt last season in the cup game. But you expect folk to believe the idea came up by coincidence just days after Boyd's brother died?

You know it's bad when I'm giving Stan greens. But he's telling it exactly as it is.

So, aye, f**k off Magee you thick, tedious c*nt. Have a wash too.

Given the majority of the Celtic allocation at Hampden is in a one tier stand, the chances of getting an upper tier ticket would've been slim. Also if they had just taken the dolls with Rangers scarves with nothing to suggest Rangers had died, it'd prob have looked a bit creepy & foolish.

Archived