Celtic v Rangers

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

The dolls' hands are tied behind their backs. Reckon it was supposed to resemble a paramilitary lynching. It's one of the most disturbing images to come out of a game of football in this country regardless.

Don't be decking daft.

Even blow up dolls wouldn't wear a sevco scarf willingly.

How many people are actually genuinely offended by what the fans do at these games and how many just do their best to show faux outrage?

I'll admit that if the dolls were aimed at Boyd's brother I genuinely would be, but I don't believe they were for one second and find it amazing some people are trying to link the 2.

More disturbing than the dolls themselves.

Back to the match. Take nothing away from Rodgers with quality signings in a very short time he has got Celtic consistently playing their best football in seasons. Celtic are organised and good to watch. Celtic probably won't make a major impact in the CL however let's wait and see how they do. Imo Warburton strength is signing players for very little. Signing nearly 20 players over nearly two seasons for less than £3m. They are a far far better squad than McCoist's. However I was flabbergasted in the selection of Rangers mid '3' yesterday. Never was it going to compete with an inform Celtic midfield. Kranjcar for Halliday!!! I wish the interviewer had asked him to reveal to fans.... why? 

Aye him! This is the same mob that accused Celtic fans of Racism last time when they waved inflatable monkeys at them.

Yet more references to swinging from trees. Disgusting etc.

It was disgusting and stupid. To be perfectly honest, I don't think they are clever enough to have linked it with Kris Boyd's brother.

Like anything involving these morons, for some reason it being awful behaviour isn't enough for the opposite side - it needs to be linked to something else to ramp up the rage.

The link to Boyds brother didn't occur to me tbh. And I'm not really sure if that was anything to do with the utterly vile hanging dolls.

It's still something that shows they're just both really horrible institutions with a large number of horrible fans though. This is what we needed back? We needed it gone for good.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How many people are actually genuinely offended by what the fans do at these games and how many just do their best to show faux outrage?

I'll admit that if the dolls were aimed at Boyd's brother I genuinely would be, but I don't believe they were for one second and find it amazing some people are trying to link the 2.

More disturbing than the dolls themselves.

People don't need to feel "genuine offence" ie their own individual pain, to criticise it as tasteless, unpleasant and out of order though.

It's not a question of "faux outrage" or anything of the sort.  It's just about decency.

1 hour ago, Snakebite said:

celtic are very good this year. dembele is quality, he'll be banging them in in the premiership in a couple of years. that second goal was class, even a decent player like hooper never had the quality to finish with the outside of his boot like that. i think they will stick 8 or more by a team before the season is out. it could be seriously bad against a team like us.

good to be a tim again, HH

My team: Partick Thistle

:huh:

Archived