Celtic v Rangers

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I rate Warburton to a certain extent but I'm surprised by his signing policy this season.

You are right to doubt it.  My take is that if you employ a guy to sign players (McParland) then he has to be seen as useful.  My suggestion is that we've suffered from a "Never mind the quality" approach.

Apart from Wyndass, so far, the new signings have taken us back a step or two.

I'll edit this.  Barton and Kranjcar should never play for us again.  Too slow and don't understand how we play.  Sanderos was signed for one reason only - so we had a player who could put his head on the ball.  He failed at 'their' corner and is nothing more than a slow, fat, baldy Danny Wilson.

3 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I rate Warburton to a certain extent but I'm surprised by his signing policy this season.

I'm beginning to think that Warburton's first thing to do is look up the stats on FIFA manager, buy the player in the game, play him in a 4-3-3 formation and see how it pans out on the simulator game. If it works, then offer a contract to the real life player and hope tae f**k it works out.

How can you rate a manager that can't and won't play the tactical game to change things up when required if plan "A" isn't working. IMO, he has and will get found out when the diddy clubs start banging in the long balls over their defence and catching them out on a fast counter because they can't defend when getting counter attacked. :)

7 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

The Kiernan/Forrester sub was mental as well :lol: Pretty sure they'd had one shot on target at that point and he's going full YOLO and taking off CBs.

He is predictable with his subs, 60 minutes played and the opposition know in advance to make particular changes to their formation before their sub has actually been made. But your right about the Kiernan/forrester sub, that was new and will be duly noted for future reference. The Rangers go down to ten men and behind on goals, then Warburton will commit tactical suicide by sacrificing defenders for attacking players and chase the dragon.

ETA, The Rangers have the second worse defensive record in the league. :lol:

That was just before they were down to 10 tbf. Perhaps not a surprise what happened next when a completely unfit looking debutant is left as the only proper CB against a team that are completely dominating.

To finish a game with two full backs and a pretty small centre mid as your defence is just a shambles. It really could've been a lot more in the end.

I really miss that feature that allowed you to click on the number of posts on a thread, and then it lists the names and number of posts each individual has made on the thread.

I would love to highlight the sad acts that  are more interested in talking about the Glasgow derby than their own team. 

Just now, Alan Stubbs said:

That was just before they were down to 10 tbf. Perhaps not a surprise what happened next when a completely unfit looking debutant is left as the only proper CB against a team that are completely dominating.

To finish a game with two full backs and a pretty small centre mid as your defence is just a shambles. It really could've been a lot more in the end.

You are completely correct there on the sub and sending off, so we know he will commit tactical chop suey if there are behind on goals now. Seems a bit stupid knowing you have a shit defence but your defensive answer is to attack more by sacrificing defenders for attacking players making your defence even more weaker? :lol:

5 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I really miss that feature that allowed you to click on the number of posts on a thread, and then it lists the names and number of posts each individual has made on the thread.

I would love to highlight the sad acts that  are more interested in talking about the Glasgow derby than their own team. 

That would mean you would be on the list of contributors. :P

I'll be sure to post on your fixture against the pile of shite my team humiliated today and hope your team humiliates them as well. 8)

9 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Aye, Div sort it out.

If Mr. X had the tools at his disposal to more effectively 'highlight' who is posting where, that would really show the sad acts.

Well done Celtic. Hope those lovely The Rangers fans enjoyed the rest of their Saturday after being bummed.  Warburton got shown up yesterday for bad signings. Senderos? If your silly enough to sign him like Mark did you too need to be put down. 

You are right to doubt it.  My take is that if you employ a guy to sign players (McParland) then he has to be seen as useful.  My suggestion is that we've suffered from a "Never mind the quality" approach.

Apart from Wyndass, so far, the new signings have taken us back a step or two.

I'll edit this.  Barton and Kranjcar should never play for us again.  Too slow and don't understand how we play.  Sanderos was signed for one reason only - so we had a player who could put his head on the ball.  He failed at 'their' corner and is nothing more than a slow, fat, baldy Danny Wilson.

Aye Rangers looked a better side last season. Saying that the Premiership is a much higher standard than the Championship. I think Windass, crooks and especially Rossiter are good signings though.

Archived