Celtic v Rangers

Rangers are broken and won't ever be fixed

They fucking HATE everybody now, Dundee United, Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen especially. It's pretty fucking hilarious.

Victims in their own country because of the SNP and because nobody is just forgetting about the whole fact that they died.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the last 5 years has been an almighty shock to the system for them.

I mean, this isn't what they signed up for is it? Liquidation, lower leagues, skelpings from hibs in cup finals, 6-1 to Motherwell in promotion playoff after finishing 3rd and countless other embarrassments.

It doesn't really fit with the WATP lording it over all the diddies and 9 in a row narrative they were sold by their parents and grandparents.

They are coping with it well.

13 hours ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

They truly are a shambles of a football club, on and off the park. The farcical statement they released after the cup final condoning their own fans violence against celebrating Hibs fans was really just the beginning. Since then they have actively promoted pictures on their social media of Rangers players posing with a sectarian flute band on the day the same band celebrated the life of a UVF murderer and now they are pandering to lunatics in their own support by attacking Celtic. We've not seen such irresponsible behaviour from within a football club since Souness encouraged his players  to join in with renditions of the Billy Boys and FTP and the Vatican add ons. At least then the Rangers communications team had the good sense to pressure the BBC to sit on the footage. I wonder who is responsible for their press because you wouldn't get those type of statements through any public relations office in any other public or private organisation. The only reasonable conclusion to draw is that in the face of their obvious inferiority to other clubs in the league they have had to fall back on what sustained the club who's place they took in the Scottish Football League - sectarianism and playing on the hatred of a select few in the West of Scotland and North of Ireland. 

Keep Donegal out of this.

22 hours ago, flyingrodent said:

I absolutely love this "And especially on Suicide Prevention Day, so awful" stuff. Clutched handbags all round!

I don't know, maybe the fans at Dens and Tynecastle were all abuzz about Suicide Prevention Day, but I'd guess that it probably wasn't Saturday's hot topic at Parkhead. With the best will in the world, we didn't even do all that well on Pineapple Identification Day.

A spherical ball has turned you into a pure dick. How you feeling now?

1 hour ago, jupe1407 said:

They're still not taking it too well:

:lol::lol::lol:

Tee Hee

Scary thing is, while our glorious and expensive Security Services are protecting us against any Brown folk who may have read the Koran at some point, people like this are flying well under the radar. 

I'm not saying that this guy is a current threat, but take rage like that and focus it, you could have some serious problems. He's not alone in their support, either. 

27 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Rangers are broken and won't ever be fixed

They fucking HATE everybody now, Dundee United, Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen especially. It's pretty fucking hilarious.

Victims in their own country because of the SNP and because nobody is just forgetting about the whole fact that they died.

They don't really hate Kilmarnock, despite us humiliating their previous incarnation on Administration Day.

All thanks to Mr Johnson.

Everyone is bored of this shite now. What have we learned. The ugly sisters are a vile bunch and they get more moronic every time they play.

Thread should just be locked, this whole thing is a farce.

Shower of c***s that they are!!

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

It doesn't really fit with the WATP lording it over all the diddies and 9 in a row narrative they were sold by their parents and grandparents.

The most tiresome part of it is that generally speaking, the Rangers support hasn't found an ounce of humility throughout the world-class clusterfuck of the past few years - it's as if Walter, Gazza and Laudrup are still in place and you could still sing the bit about the "pope and the IRA" during Simply ra Best.

There are of course Rangers fans that are mortified by a lot of the shite that goes on - but the utterly belligerent, entitled tone of these "statements" that came out after the play-off, the cup final and Saturday's game play to worst instincts of the support and help keep the club as a total pariah. 

26 minutes ago, Swello said:

There are of course Rangers fans that are mortified by a lot of the shite that goes on - but the utterly belligerent, entitled tone of these "statements" that came out after the play-off, the cup final and Saturday's game play to worst instincts of the support and help keep the club as a total pariah. 

They have run out of outside options to appeal to for cash. All they can do at the moment is try and keep the support base happy. Unfortunately that means pandering to the folk who are making the most noise.

Is Club 1872 the group who are in charge of the RFFF? It would certainly make sense for the board to be nice to them until they got hold of the cash that was raised there.

7 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Is Club 1872 the group who are in charge of the RFFF? It would certainly make sense for the board to be nice to them until they got hold of the cash that was raised there.

They brought things like Rangers First (which I contributed to), the RST etc under the one umbrella, supposedly to benefit the fans who wanted to strive towards fan ownership.  Very quickly most of the board members of RF resigned and distanced themselves from the new Club1872.  All the shares bought by the separate entities were all handed over to Club1872.

I've since stopped my payments to Club1872 and had a couple of snippy emails about it.  It's a shame as I felt the RF project had the right idea and it all seems to have been thrown away and the nutters from the RST and the rest are now running it.

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

They brought things like Rangers First (which I contributed to), the RST etc under the one umbrella, supposedly to benefit the fans who wanted to strive towards fan ownership.  Very quickly most of the board members of RF resigned and distanced themselves from the new Club1872.  All the shares bought by the separate entities were all handed over to Club1872.

I've since stopped my payments to Club1872 and had a couple of snippy emails about it.  It's a shame as I felt the RF project had the right idea and it all seems to have been thrown away and the nutters from the RST and the rest are now running it.

I had a vague idea that it was something along those lines. Unfortunate that the folk who seem to have most of the influence now seem to be the folk who probably shouldn't be anywhere near influence. Anything for a sniff of a seat on the board, even if it is to the detriment of the club.

Fan ownership is definitely the way ahead for most teams. Have the board member who resigned shown any inclination to starting another alternative?

1 minute ago, calum_gers said:

I stopped my RF payments as soon as this was pushed through too.

Fan ownership is the way ahead for a lot of teams, not for Rangers.

Unfortunately, I carried on for a couple of months.  It went through with a large (90%+) percentage of the votes on RF too, but it was sold as all of them coming together and working towards fan ownership.  It turned out what that meant was a rebrand of the RST and thanks for all your shares.

3 hours ago, marty_j said:

More whataboutery but valid questions they could have released a statement AND condemned their own support but that wouldn't be playing to the gallery.

http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/dear-rangers-1872/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The most reprehensible part of The Rangers' fans behaviour was the "signing" of a sectarian song - going out of their way to offend the deaf community IMHO

Archived