Celtic v Rangers

Celtic fans also ripped seats out at Firhill for some youth cup game against Rangers* as well not so long ago.

Anyhoo - having listened to the game at work but having caught the highlights I figure I'll post a bit in here;

- Barton certainly sounds like he's a washed up has been that got dicked by Brown; I was trying not to burst out laughing at work with Senderos' sending off.

- Rangers* are absolutely miles away from getting close to Celtic, and would have to rely on a convicted fraudster dipping into his pocket or finding some way to finance £millions worth of wages and fees to even begin to close the gap, with no guarantee that even that would work (with Dave King on record as saying that competing with Celtic should be Rangers* business plan every year... ouch).

- Celtic are in a ridiculously commanding position; they've got CL group stage money this season, CL exposure, and a strong squad with assets like Tierney/Dembele (who was linked with Spurs and Man Utd not so long ago) that some daft English side will doubtless spend silly money on before too long if they progress and put in good showings. Rangers*, meanwhile, have a squad that is surely only losing value as it becomes apparent that it's stuffed with absolute shite; Krancjar and Barton sounded pretty clearly like they were totally off the pace physically, and they just can't attract players to compete with Celtic. Hell, Scott Allan was signed by Celtic purely as a GIRUY, but it shows where Rangers* are in the pecking order for signing good talent.

- I think that, as things stand, the only way Celtic are going to start losing the title is if they make a poor managerial appointment post Rodgers (who I think they will have for at least this season and next; he's about the best/most competent manager Celtic are able to attract, too) and start to shit the bed; barring spending significant sums of money that they just don't have, and surely won't fall into the same traps again, I can't for the life of me see how Rangers* will be able to take the title from Celtic anytime soon, whoever they have in charge. Will the bulk of their support come to accept their place - that they are competing with Hearts, who certainly strike me as being very well ran but Rangers* can realistically finish ahead of sooner than they can challenge for Celtic if only through greater financial clout, and Aberdeen, rather than Celtic, for the foreseeable?

- I've mentioned it previously, but whereas Celtic can attract players like Dembele and Sinclair, Rangers* have a huge headache in trying to sign players who are high profile enough to be seen to be getting it up the t**s, but aren't just in it for an easy paycheck or because, er, their fitness is totally finished at a good level.

- My draw bet was predicated on Leigh Griffiths fitness being in doubt, and that surely Warburton was going to go ultra defensive; alas, he made either a huge blunder or deliberately gave himself an easy excuse of "well, at least I went for it, don't blame me" with a crazy team selection. Will Rangers* also accept that, in games against Celtic, they're going to have to look to shitfest the game for any chance of a point and realise that even a draw against them is a good result now?

If my bets were going to be gubbed I wanted them gubbed in style; 5-1 *sorry to spoil your love in Hibs fans* was a hell of a way to do it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another easy win over supposed 'challengers'. 

Can't see how the top 4 won't finish 

1. Celtic 

2. Hearts 

3.Rangers

4. Aberdeen

if Neilson is brave and goes attacking like they did in the championship they'll be second by some margin. 

Cracking result even though we weren't out of 2nd gear. 

No disappointing celtic performances. Could've upped it a bit and took double figures  

The Rangers are a disgrace. Joseph Anthony is an embarrassment. For 5th game on the bounce "inferior" players have ripped the pish out him. Am glad the monkeys have signed him up for two years. £18k a week HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

44 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Could you clarify this part of you post mate.

It's meant in a positive way; I'm not sure Celtic would be able to find a more competent and suitable manager than Brendan Rodgers within a reasonable payscale. My reasoning being that of the names touted post Deila he was the one that stuck out as having the best CV, along with speaking the language, having working relationships with the likes of Toure and Sinclair which saw them move to Celtic Park etc. edit: the working relationships part of that did admittedly only become apparent once he was appointed tbf, but it's worked out well for them so far.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer said:

The sad thing about this is that the offenders were 'nesting', f**k knows what their homes look like, but that said, I pity them.

I only watched the video for 00.04 seconds, but it's *hic* clearly just the plastics and diddies being *hic* jealous of Rangers. Absolutely no *hic* shameless and disgusting behaviour in that video whatsoever.

51 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Every so called Hibs fans on here are a total abomination and deserve to be sent to Isis for a very close shave.

To be fair, they're clearly only joking about having a big team. Actually having one would be much more embarassing.

12 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

(meant to be a mockery of The_Drunkard saying that he watched 3 minutes of the Scotland's Game documentary, before absurdly writing off its entire contents as being anti-Rangers guff)

Would this be grammar school man?

That video is quite bad.  in admittedly not my proudest moment I got arrested at the Falkirk Hibs 3-4 semi final for 'attempting to enter a sporting arena while under the influence of alcohol' I was quite pished and the WPC smelled the drink off my breath when I asked which turnstyle to go through(in fairness that hampden police cell spared me an afternoon of torture). I was, however peaceful, not singing any songs and with just one other person not in a crowd so an easy arrest. To see the police just stand and watch sectarian singing and vandalism in the toilets without arresting anyone is a bit annoying, it appears they lower their standards of reasons for arrest for these games.  It's that slack policing that allows these idiots their sense of entitlement.

Archived