Celtic v Rangers

I appreciate that Rangers players have not bonded this season with the recent team selections however I believe Warburton has presevered with Rossiter and Barton in midfield because he intends to play two players sitting in midfield protecting the CBs.  Imo he is doing this as Celtic players come inside on their favoured foot. Rojic and Griffiths from the right, Dembele and Sinclair from the left. Forrest and Tierney give them the width to create space from them. Probably going for a 4-2-3-1. There is little doubt Celtic offensively are on fire however Rangers have to find a way to get at Celtic defence which is the weakest part of their team. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, bennett said:

I've a feeling they'll be fighting fit for the old firm game....

Leigh Griffiths and Kieran Tierney are among four players to miss Scotland's opening 2018 World Cup qualifier against Malta.

The Celtic duo have pulled out of the squad along with Crystal Palace midfielder James McArthur and Fulham's Kevin McDonald.

On-loan Hearts forward Tony Watt and Rangers captain Lee Wallace have been called up as replacements for Sunday's game at the Ta'Qali Stadium.

Of course they'll be fighting fit for the **** game.

Establishment club 8)

Definitely think from watching him that Tierney has been playing through a shoulder injury. Griffiths has struggled in the second half of games recently. Neither injury is going to rule them out of Newco or Barca but here's hoping Scotland can beat Malta without them.

I have enjoyed Rangers demise through the lower leagues. Especially the 14/15 season (I got more joy from Rangers 14/15 campaign than I did from our own haha) but I'll admit I'm glad to have them back in the prem... This will always be the most important game in football for me.

we SHOULD walk it but can't predict this one.

On 08/30/2016 at 23:01, The OP said:

Definitely think from watching him that Tierney has been playing through a shoulder injury. Griffiths has struggled in the second half of games recently. Neither injury is going to rule them out of Newco or Barca but here's hoping Scotland can beat Malta without them.

Yeah it's clear Tierney is playing injured at the moment. Think I read somewhere he will be getting an operation after we finish up the CL group. I doubt he would start for Scotland anyway as he doesn't play for an English club.

1 hour ago, MikeyWellFan said:

What an embarrassment.

Good to see the Old Firm as friendly as ever.

Bet you never even went to parkhead during the four years they were away :lol:

MikeyWellFan hitting it out the park again.

4 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Just popping in to wish Brendan and the bhoys the very best of luck for Saturday. We are officially handing over our *** destroying baton over to you lads. Enjoy your day and remember to keep your children close to you and don't let them near any strangers.

I think it was you I saw posting as having a soft spot for Celtic but I thought you were at it. Clearly not. 

Disgusting behaviour.

Can't wait to put these cocky upstarts in their place.

Fancy a wee 3-0 win that will leave us scratching our heads why it wasn't 6 or 7. However, I seen us play the original Rangers off the park loads of times only for them to take their solitary good chance when it came then defend like f**k & somehow leave us with a defeat despite being clearly outplayed. So anything is possible.

A well hit free kick or the obvious penalty could turn the game around. Also waiting to see who the HWAW is before pondering how many Celtic players will get sent off. I'm fearing it'll be Craig Thomson...he's already shown his petty side towards Chris Sutton. Another chance to get it up him against his former club wouldn't surprise me.

Archived