Today's scores

Hertha/BJFC1938

Does anyone know what happened in the Dalry game  for them to be winning 4-0 with 15 minutes to go only to be beaten 4-5 by kello rovers? 

Was impressed with Dalry when they played us and sod having them on your coupon , was there sending offs at 4-0 or something else that triggered it ?

Just a total collapse. 4-0 and cruising, first half was totally one sided; a great strike for what looked like a consolation to Kello on 75 minutes and a second 5 minutes later.
Three goals on 88, 92 and 94 minutes completed a remarkable game.
Did the substitutions make a difference? Did Dalry just switch off?
No excuses. Just have to take it on the chin and move on.
One thing - no one who was there will forget it for a long time!!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Petershilll 6 Maryhill 0

Would have taken any sort of win just to get off to a good start so it was a big bonus to play fairly well, score 6, and keep a clean sheet. Alex Cassells scored 3 of them, with two excellent headers and a tap in for his third. A Luke Crerand double and a Jason Hardie shot right on time up completed the scoring.

Special mention to Maryhill's Jamie Docherty who wasn't on that long as a sub before getting a straight red for calling the ref "a baldy b*****d."

Delighted for young Alex he's a great lad I rated highly at rossvale

7 minutes ago, sixty61 said:

Just a total collapse. 4-0 and cruising, first half was totally one sided; a great strike for what looked like a consolation to Kello on 75 minutes and a second 5 minutes later.
Three goals on 88, 92 and 94 minutes completed a remarkable game.
Did the substitutions make a difference? Did Dalry just switch off?
No excuses. Just have to take it on the chin and move on.
One thing - no one who was there will forget it for a long time!!!

That sounds incredible and don't think I've ever heard anything like it , just need to get it out the system and I bet the next game can't come quick enough . 

1 hour ago, lazyjack said:

Didn't even know there were any sendings off till i got home n seen it on our facebook page, :lol:

Thought we done reasonably well considering the short space of time the lads have been together, just couldn't realy create anything for Vernon up front :(

I hadn't a clue about the first red until the bus on the way up the road. For second Frizzell was involved in an altercation with a Medda player on the way off. Sounds like our guy gave a rather insincere "unlucky mate" kind of message and got a thump for his trouble ... hence the red and a yellow for Frizzell. All a bit daft tbh.

As to game itself thought in 1st half Medda had majority of possession but we created all the chances. But for profligate finishing we could've been 3 up at half time.

2nd half we played better and had more possession. Defence more solid and the wee fella on the right got less joy than previously as Lyden came onto a game. Burbidge took time to get going but looked able to stretch the hosts when he did. Combined well with Little and again we created all of the clear cut chances. I think the winner was deserved but Medda probably felt agrieved with the timing and in thinking that Burbidge was offside. Wasn't quite in line but felt he was a good yard on and he finished well albeit the keeper made a decent effort.

a very good start for us in terms of the points. Some decent performances too and still some folk to return. Good to see Little playing a more forward position ... 

Before I post anything, just say that I thought Beith looked a bit more dangerous than Cumnock today and overall the best team won
Can I ask Hertha and the other Beith guys who were at the game what they thought about the performance of the ref and linesmen( particularly the Wee fat git on the far side)
The decision to send of Anson was , probably the worst decision I have ever seen.
He stopped the Beith player breaking out of defence , but, wasn't a mad lunge or a swipe , but, impeded the player. A booking at worst
I also felt the 1st half booking when Lundie caught McLean in the face was a joke as Lundie was looking up at the ball coming down and never saw McLean coming from behind him
Some of his bookings were a joke

As for the lineman, he was incompetent and also a liar as he told John Boal at half time that someone spat on him and even the guys who were supporting Beith where we were standing were calling him a liar
Embarrassing

That sounds incredible and don't think I've ever heard anything like it , just need to get it out the system and I bet the next game can't come quick enough . 

Too right. Everyone was stunned.
But that's football sometimes. On to the next game and get it out our system.

Before I post anything, just say that I thought Beith looked a bit more dangerous than Cumnock today and overall the best team won
Can I ask Hertha and the other Beith guys who were at the game what they thought about the performance of the ref and linesmen( particularly the Wee fat git on the far side)
The decision to send of Anson was , probably the worst decision I have ever seen.
He stopped the Beith player breaking out of defence , but, wasn't a mad lunge or a swipe , but, impeded the player. A booking at worst
I also felt the 1st half booking when Lundie caught McLean in the face was a joke as Lundie was looking up at the ball coming down and never saw McLean coming from behind him

As for the lineman, he was incompetent and also a liar as he told John Boal at half time that someone spat on him and even the guys who were supporting Beith where we were standing were calling him a liar
Embarrassing

Yet another shocking performance from a terrible referee today, it's happening all to often now in junior football a referee wanting to be the centre of attention, there wasn't a bad tackle all game yet cumnock ended up with 9 men, ansons red was a shocking decision it was no more than a yellow yet the referee couldn't wait to get the red out his back pocket then walked away laughing. Apart from a shocking card happy ref and 2 costly mistakes from our defence I didn't think there was much between the sides on another day cumnock could have walked away with something but hey ho that's football we move onto Wednesday's game against kilbirne. Beith look a decent side not many teams will go down there and pick up points this season.

2 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

A complete joke and talbot and beith have beat the best junior teams in Scotland last season to " qualify " for the senior cup and need to play two preliminary ties now with the second one being against one another . 

Fair enough if it was the first round proper just like when we drew Linlithgow then there's no real complaints but having to play two preliminary ties means my interest in it has waned a good bit .

That's life for those who are not interested or not able to join up. And winning the junior cup now carries the same status as the amateur cup. 

I've actually got a bit more sympathy for Banks o Dee who I think are having to play qualifying ties because the Highland League remains a closed shop which continues to protect utterly shite teams. At least in the south we're all giving the sfa an easy option. In the north you can't do anything about where you play even if you want to. 

43 minutes ago, bawrash said:

Yet another shocking performance from a terrible referee today, it's happening all to often now in junior football a referee wanting to be the centre of attention, there wasn't a bad tackle all game yet cumnock ended up with 9 men, ansons red was a shocking decision it was no more than a yellow yet the referee couldn't wait to get the red out his back pocket then walked away laughing. Apart from a shocking card happy ref and 2 costly mistakes from our defence I didn't think there was much between the sides on another day cumnock could have walked away with something but hey ho that's football we move onto Wednesday's game against kilbirne. Beith look a decent side not many teams will go down there and pick up points this season.

Totally agree with you about the quality of referees at the moment.Ref at Hurlford today was a self-centred wee dick! A right wee Hitler who's decisions were laughable at times - for both teams - ,& stopped play whenever he could instead of letting the game flow.Wanted to "have a word" with every player that gave away a free kick.Wouldn't be surprised if he was asking for their phone numbers........

That's life for those who are not interested or not able to join up. And winning the junior cup now carries the same status as the amateur cup. 

I've actually got a bit more sympathy for Banks o Dee who I think are having to play qualifying ties because the Highland League remains a closed shop which continues to protect utterly shite teams. At least in the south we're all giving the sfa an easy option. In the north you can't do anything about where you play even if you want to. 

Easy to say from a supporter of a team with money mate.

Lithgae would struggle in the west set up. Be grateful of the backers you have and the league you dominate in.

1 hour ago, Bul2 said:

Embarrassing

My honest opinion here goes ; 

Will start with Cumnock , they looked a good team today and passed the ball really well and number 7 wide right ( was it burns ) was a real menace in particular . Cumnock without a doubt will take points off lots of teams on today's evidence however only if they cut out the terrible Central defensive mistakes today for our goals , they were total howlers with the first being after only 18 seconds , this was more of a factor than the ref cards for me and you simply don't take anything from super premier division football defending like that and if it were ourselves then I would be raging conceding like that but our boys still finished them well . 

As said this apart I was impressed with Cumnock , we weren't at our best today but I still thought we had plenty of menace going forward with pace , I think it was 2-0 with 11 v 11 but until our second went in I was very wary as Cumnock were always dangerous. 

Onto The referee now and I've spoke to Scott Anson through Facebook ( hung about at the end of the game to talk to the big guy but had to leave as had plans elsewhere ) and I think a booking would have sufficed and if it was one of our players I would say that although opinion was split in our support with people saying he cynically took div out while he was breaking with the ball and he was nowhere near it but as I said a yellow was the shout for me. 

Onto James lundie now and he's a former player of ours who we know all about , James is never a dirty player and the high foot was accidental for me and not a booking but as is too common players can't keep their mouth closed and for the second booking apparently he told the ref to f*ck off or along those lines so it's naive when you're already on a booking and James is experienced and should know better as when on a booking you need to be very careful . 

The baffling one for me as you alluded to was when the assistant ref at the Cumnock stand waved his flag about constantly to try and stop play and the ref ignored him, I honestly thought that he was trying to swat an angry wasp away from his face and I couldn't  work it out at the time but as you say he accused a person in the shed of spitting at him hence the flag being waved about for about ten seconds , he did report this " incident " at half time but nobody I've spoken to seems to have witnessed anything and personally I'm always situated to the right hand side of our home dugouts across from it so I'm not well placed at all to see anything that did or didn't happen, it was a very strange incident admittedly . 

All I've said is about as balanced a report on the 90 minutes that I can give and in conclusion I think Cumnock will do well this season defensive mistakes apart , we weren't at our best today but a great three points were had and we looked very dangerous in attack . 

All the best to cumnock this season . 

6 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

My honest opinion here goes ; 

Will start with Cumnock , they looked a good team today and passed the ball really well and number 7 wide right ( was it burns ) was a real menace in particular . Cumnock without a doubt will take points off lots of teams on today's evidence however only if they cut out the terrible Central defensive mistakes today for our goals , they were total howlers with the first being after only 18 seconds , this was more of a factor than the ref cards for me and you simply don't take anything from super premier division football defending like that and if it were ourselves then I would be raging conceding like that but our boys still finished them well . 

As said this apart I was impressed with Cumnock , we weren't at our best today but I still thought we had plenty of menace going forward with pace , I think it was 2-0 with 11 v 11 but until our second went in I was very wary as Cumnock were always dangerous. 

Onto The referee now and I've spoke to Scott Anson through Facebook ( hung about at the end of the game to talk to the big guy but had to leave as had plans elsewhere ) and I think a booking would have sufficed and if it was one of our players I would say that although opinion was split in our support with people saying he cynically took div out while he was breaking with the ball and he was nowhere near it but as I said a yellow was the shout for me. 

Onto James lundie now and he's a former player of ours who we know all about , James is never a dirty player and the high foot was accidental for me and not a booking but as is too common players can't keep their mouth closed and for the second booking apparently he told the ref to f*ck off or along those lines so it's naive when you're already on a booking and James is experienced and should know better as when on a booking you need to be very careful . 

The baffling one for me as you alluded to was when the assistant ref at the Cumnock stand waved his flag about constantly to try and stop play and the ref ignored him, I honestly thought that he was trying to swat an angry wasp away from his face and I couldn't  work it out at the time but as you say he accused a person in the shed of spitting at him hence the flag being waved about for about ten seconds , he did report this " incident " at half time but nobody I've spoken to seems to have witnessed anything and personally I'm always situated to the right hand side of our home dugouts across from it so I'm not well placed at all to see anything that did or didn't happen, it was a very strange incident admittedly . 

All I've said is about as balanced a report on the 90 minutes that I can give and in conclusion I think Cumnock will do well this season defensive mistakes apart , we weren't at our best today but a great three points were had and we looked very dangerous in attack . 

All the best to cumnock thseason . 

A very honest reoprt

A very honest post from Hertha, The two goals Cumnock lost where mistakes that could have been avoided very easily . Goals wins game and this was the case today. Lets get on about the officials. Anson red was simply a tackle you see in every game week in week out, yellow at very best and shambolic performance from the man in the middle( maybe there was an agenda , who knows!!). The second yellow for Lundie for swearing on the park, really!!!. Now lets talk about the far linesman from who i was close to, should never be anywhere near football. I seen no spitting because there wasn't any, the club should take that further . His performance  was shambolic ,not fit enough to get anywhere near to play and he clearly out his depth in the top league. Not a great deal between both teams, but spoilt by supposed officials .

Easy to say from a supporter of a team with money mate.

Lithgae would struggle in the west set up. Be grateful of the backers you have and the league you dominate in.

Slavering fud ^^^^^

Thanks Hertha for that report , pretty accurate coverage of events and good to know that my obvious bias didn't cloud my judgement of things.
I went to John Boal and told him that , although giving the Wee fat lines man absolute pelters, particularly in the 1st half when he never flagged when two Beith players were at least 10 yards offside, neither I nor anybody else near me spat on him
He is a liar, plain and simple and the ref list the plot and decided to book every Cumnock player involved in a " tackle" and then decided to start shouting at the fans in the shed

Absolute joke and, unfortunately, becoming a regular occurence

Archived