Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

Some random images of mine I've found (taken on a shitey camera from a few years back):

Ross County's firm condonement of racism:

1.jpg

West Stand at Cliftonhill:

5.jpg

Fort William's Claggan 'wannabe Glebe' Park:

6.jpg 

... with the concentration camp entrance (that's not me btw):

AMF.jpg

I presume Alloa have given the recs terrace a good clean since the last time I was there?

green.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter

I genuinely didn't realise Ayr's ground was such a museum piece. It's a bit like having a really old car, being laughed at for years then it reaches the stage of being generally appreciated as a real classic. Love it. Pity they upgraded the floodlight pylons though and they must never upgrade anything else!

Someone mentioned a while back that the Firhill main stand was a potential fire hazard. Is it not the case that the polis reckon Celtic are more of a fire risk than other fans so they don't get to sit in it, when usually it's the away end? Might have made that up, and unsure about Rangers cus they've not played in a while. Not on the wind up here btw but I'm sure I've seen Celtic fans in the stand behind the goal at Firhill.

Someone mentioned a while back that the Firhill main stand was a potential fire hazard. Is it not the case that the polis reckon Celtic are more of a fire risk than other fans so they don't get to sit in it, when usually it's the away end? Might have made that up, and unsure about Rangers cus they've not played in a while. Not on the wind up here btw but I'm sure I've seen Celtic fans in the stand behind the goal at Firhill.

Celtic and Rangers' desire to pyro everything they see is indeed the reason we're not allowed to put them in the main stand. Their inability to behave means thistle season ticket holders get moved.

19 hours ago, CityDave said:

Galabank, home of Annan Athletic. This is a nice wee ground and I can't say any negatives about it. Quirks?, maybe only three sides of the ground gets used and it has a house inside the ground parameter which used by the club. Imagine having a football pitch for the local football team in your back garden?. :)

The photos I have here are from a thundery 25th April 2009 with Berwick Rangers the visitors. Annan since then have a new covered enclosure at the house end.

Do you think the house is the Annan equivalent of Killie's hotel?

Pittodrie has one where it says:

SUPPORTERS CARRYING CANS, BOTTLES OR MISSILES WILL NOT BE ADMITTED

The lack of 'other' before missiles there makes it look like they're talking about these things:

iranmissiles.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter

9 minutes ago, Arabdownunder said:

Does the bit about behaviour likely to cause confusion or annoyance apply to the players?

"Behaviour likely to cause confusion" - is this harking back to the days of one guy in the middle of the terrace with a radio shouting all the other scores to everyone else, causing a guy on the end of the cheese whispers to think his coupon had come up when he had actually been f*cked over by a last f*cking minute f*cking Hamilton f*cking Accies goal?*

*The story, all names, characters, and incidents portrayed in this incident are fictitious. No identification with actual persons, places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred.

24 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

is this harking back to the days of one guy in the middle of the terrace with a radio shouting all the other scores to everyone else, causing a guy on the end of the cheese whispers to think his coupon had come up when he had actually been f*cked over by a last f*cking minute f*cking Hamilton f*cking Accies goal?

Supposedly this happened with Airdrie down at Stranraer as somebody told them Brechin losing at Hamilton was a FT result, resulting in them all celebrating promotion. Unfortunately for them, Chris Templeman scored for Brechin in the last few seconds of the season, giving us a second consecutive promotion at the expense of the Diamonds.  What a day that was.  ^_^

Hopefully some Airdrie (or Stranraer) fan there on the day can shine more light on the matter.

8 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Someone mentioned a while back that the Firhill main stand was a potential fire hazard. Is it not the case that the polis reckon Celtic are more of a fire risk than other fans so they don't get to sit in it, when usually it's the away end?

If those blow-up dolls are cheap imports (knowing Celtic fans they probably are) they might not be flameproof.

Not that I'm an expert on the subject, you understand...

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Supposedly this happened with Airdrie down at Stranraer as somebody told them Brechin losing at Hamilton was a FT result, resulting in them all celebrating promotion. Unfortunately for them, Chris Templeman scored for Brechin in the last few seconds of the season, giving us a second consecutive promotion at the expense of the Diamonds.  What a day that was.  ^_^

I wonder if that happened with the St. Johnstone/Gretna situation! Might explain Cosgrove's ongoing seethe...

35 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

"Behaviour likely to cause confusion" - is this harking back to the days of one guy in the middle of the terrace with a radio shouting all the other scores to everyone else, causing a guy on the end of the cheese whispers to think his coupon had come up when he had actually been f*cked over by a last f*cking minute f*cking Hamilton f*cking Accies goal?*

*The story, all names, characters, and incidents portrayed in this incident are fictitious. No identification with actual persons, places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred.

Cheese whispers.....:lol:

UnBRIEvable 

Galabank, home of Annan Athletic. This is a nice wee ground and I can't say any negatives about it. Quirks?, maybe only three sides of the ground gets used and it has a house inside the ground parameter which used by the club. Imagine having a football pitch for the local football team in your back garden?. [emoji4]

The photos I have here are from a thundery 25th April 2009 with Berwick Rangers the visitors. Annan since then have a new covered enclosure at the house end.

Annan Athletic v Berwick Rangers 25th April 09.jpg

Annan football travels Nov 08 to Apr 09 021.jpg

Annan football travels Nov 08 to Apr 09 022.jpg

Annan football travels Nov 08 to Apr 09 078.jpg

Annan Galabank, Annan.jpg

Annan Rumble ! Rumble!.jpg

Photo1724.jpg

The away terrace isn't the greatest if there is a decent number in as it doesn't go very high. Which as a person of short stature is a slight issue.