Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

That section is condemned (don't know why though; perhaps an Albion fan can tell us exactly what's wrong with it?). Mind you I do seem to recall that the old main stand at Firhill was seemingly unusable but was then suddenly pressed back in to service despite having no hot water and no catering facilities.

There's definitely catering there in the end of that stand closest to the grass bank behind the goals. The pies were alright if I remember correctly. The only downside of sitting at that end is not ring able to see the corner flag because of the office block in the way.

2 hours ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Celtic & Rangers are different to the rest.

You can't really argue with that...

Here's a picture of the old Firhill Shed complete with drench lighting ;)

FB_IMG_1473104740739.jpg

The stand at Cliftonville is so strange to sit in, it's really a shame that such a friendly club their stand is in a real state. Hopefully they can get that terrace open or a new ground built somewhere in Coatbridge. The bit behind the goals was pretty full when we went there and there were no barriers at the front - I was surprised it passed the safety tests as there was a decent chance of a (good-natured) pitch invasion at the time. I think they have put barriers now? It would be good if they could reopen the gates at the corner too so that I can get in there from my usual parking spot rather than having to scale the Eiger going up that staircase! 

Albion Rovers are doing up the terrace behind the goal; the terracing on the other side was a crumbling mess back when we visited in 2003 - I doubt it's survived the last decade in any decent shape at all. 

Old Firhill looking quite similar to the view of Cappielow from the Sinclair Street end. 

800px-Panorama_Cappielow.jpg

Here's a picture of the old Firhill Shed complete with drench lighting [emoji6]

FB_IMG_1473104740739.jpg

Remember being in there in the 90's to watch Thistle beat us. Remember walking up the stairs near to the fence that segregated both fans & it was like walking up a Ski Slope with the big angled stairs. Old school being able to walk around behind the goals.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Here's a picture of the old Firhill Shed complete with drench lighting ;)

FB_IMG_1473104740739.jpg

Seen many a game ( with a Thistle supporting mate ) under that shed

Another good thread derailed by someone bleating about Celtic.

Honest, Davie, take your shite elsewhere and f**k off out this thread.

I was talking about Caley Thistles stand. It was CityDave you brought the Celtic main stand into it & I merely replied.

Apparently it's my fault for not ignoring or agreeing with an opinion. Modern day forums eh!

59 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

I was talking about Caley Thistles stand. It was CityDave you brought the Celtic main stand into it & I merely replied.

Apparently it's my fault for not ignoring or agreeing with an opinion. Modern day forums eh!

Jesus H. 

Celtic (closely followed by Rangers) are your life. We get it. You have literally nothing else at all to look forward to. We get that too. But your constant mewling and desperation to be seen as the victim is an utterly pathetic way for a man of nearly 40 years to behave. Grow a pair ffs. 

Yes, was just about to post that.

It should be possible to narrow down the year further. It's post 1961 (floodlights) and pre 1976? (West Stand roof)... There was a serious fire at Hampden in the autumn of 1968 and it rings a vague bell that the Main Stand was slightly reconfigured afterwards - including an awning installed between the towers - but that might be wrong. Note 'prefabs' housing estate, too.

Edited by HibeeJibee

20 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Given the gigantic floodlights which weren't installed until 1961, I imagine that's unlikely.

Cars and buses look too modern (and colourful) for 1930s, too.

I wasn't aware about the floodlights but the cars always had me thinking.

Hampden Park down the decades.

Unfortunately the first one won't load on P&B but if you click on it you'll see Hampden before the two 'half' Main Stands were linked by a pavilion (later sold to Dundee).

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/sport-football-circa-1906-hampden-park-glasgow-scotland-the-home-of-picture-id79661118

Old+Photograph+Hampden+Park+Glasgow+Scot

SPW019491.jpg

Hampden-Park-1933.jpg

hampdenpast1.jpg

(Can't find a photo between the East 'gallery' being added and the North Stand built).

hampdenpast3.jpg

bd0f841d370e4d1583b3a39693d79d6e.jpg

hampden-lesser-hampden-and-cathkin-park.

aerial-view-of-hampden-park-stadium-glas

hampden_1994aerial.jpg

764212_640x360.jpg