Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

On 23/08/2019 at 10:49, DiegoDiego said:

Not a Scottish stadium, but I passed this today and wondered if there are any Scottish stadia with floodlights across the street from the actual stadium? There's probably a really obvious example in forgetting. IMG_20190823_153428.jpeg

Where is this?

On 20/08/2019 at 00:24, tamthebam said:

Picture This Scotland (@Frankfurt74) posted this picture on Twitter recently- the Tynie bogs in the 1980s complete with overflowing fousty pish. 

1846317931_tynecastlebogs.jpg.f8c14280e3cc9d1a8f1564dba54687c7.jpg

No,no,no. You're not getting away with defaming HMFC. That liquid will undoubtedly be disinfectant and the cleaner will be just out of camera shot. Those toilets were cleaned every year, whether they needed it or not. 

btw the underground ones at the other end might have been the most disgusting place to have ever existed on the planet.

6 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

No,no,no. You're not getting away with defaming HMFC. That liquid will undoubtedly be disinfectant and the cleaner will be just out of camera shot. Those toilets were cleaned every year, whether they needed it or not. 

btw the underground ones at the other end might have been the most disgusting place to have ever existed on the planet.

Slightly off-topic in terms of the thread title, but the worst-smelling ones at a stadium I've ever been to was the Olympiastadion in Munich. Paid to get in and wandered around on a fine May afternoon, went down the stairs to use the facilities. Almost passed out from how bad they smelled!

Worse than the away end toilets under the main stand at Brockville? I find that hard to believe but am relieved you kept that particular delight for the home fans.

On 20/08/2019 at 00:24, tamthebam said:

Picture This Scotland (@Frankfurt74) posted this picture on Twitter recently- the Tynie bogs in the 1980s complete with overflowing fousty pish. 

1846317931_tynecastlebogs.jpg.f8c14280e3cc9d1a8f1564dba54687c7.jpg

Love the fact that somebody saw fit to tart up the bogs with a lick of paint - but not tackle the fundamental problem of useless drainage. It.s like spraying an air freshener if you've shat yourself

16 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

First Tynecastle game for me was a 1-1 Derby in 84 or 85 played on a freezing day. Given all the pre match refreshment taken pre game that bog was literally gushing out a river of pish by 3pm. Was quite the sight. 

Can't we just f**k the Taylor Report off and have (covered/well maintained/strict entry controlled) terracing again?

Taylor report was only recommended for Scotland, was never made law like in Englands top 2 leagues. SPL did have rules to have all seater stadiums but since changed to SPFL these rules were scrapped. In European fixtures and Internationals teams do need all seater stadiums though.

Safe standing is the way forward for football!

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful thread. I'm a bit of a grounds enthusiast. Came across this forum whilst google image searching for old pics of Boghead! Been a while since I was home, but are these pics of Ebbe etc still in the RDS stairwell. Pretty sure were done by the same gadge who did all the pics 8n The Red Final.

Plus the new edition of "Oor Wullie Miller" out the back of the RDS on golf rd. 

JS108035544.jpg

socceram028.jpg

5d6a2ce3a6ef04.46597830-620x321.jpg

12 hours ago, TheosLoveChild said:

Wonderful thread. I'm a bit of a grounds enthusiast. Came across this forum whilst google image searching for old pics of Boghead! 

Depending on how badly you want them, I've a good few built up that I could PM you, if you want.

Edited by Boghead ranter

15 hours ago, TheosLoveChild said:

Wonderful thread. I'm a bit of a grounds enthusiast. Came across this forum whilst google image searching for old pics of Boghead! Been a while since I was home, but are these pics of Ebbe etc still in the RDS stairwell. Pretty sure were done by the same gadge who did all the pics 8n The Red Final.

Plus the new edition of "Oor Wullie Miller" out the back of the RDS on golf rd. 

JS108035544.jpg

socceram028.jpg

5d6a2ce3a6ef04.46597830-620x321.jpg

The gadge was Gordon Reid, who also did some cartoons in The Absolute Game. Those readers of the Red Final will know that LS Pringle of Echt was not a fan.. 

17909841_gordonreid.thumb.jpg.3f9d6cb873126b6115737006b0ce433e.jpg

Pictured: A peaky blinder with his favourite bog read... 

3 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Fir Park before the stands went up behind either goal, sometime in the 1980's methinks. 

IMG_20191011_172924.jpg

IMG_20191011_172926.jpg

IMG_20191011_172928.jpg

Looks like either 1990/91 or 1991/92 judging by the strip, can't see if there's the claret band with Motorola or plain with Ian Skelly 

My first ever game I remember attending was in the terrace behind the goals at Fir Park with my Motherwell supporting cousin. I remember there being a big "keep ciggarettes away from the stand" sign (or similar) to my left. Any photos of this?