Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

8 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

The helicopter was 06 when we won the league. Brechin was in 01 when we were runner up.

Cheers.  It was definitely 2001 match with Brechin I was at then, sure Roddy Grant was playing for them.

What was the context, did you have to beat Brechin to finish second, or they could pip you to runner up spot?  

I seem to remember talk in the ground that day of trophy carrying helicopters, so could you have won the league, or am I imagining that bit of chat?

Edited by PauloPerth

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Cheers.  It was definitely 2001 match with Brechin I was at then, sure Roddy Grant was playing for them.

What was the context, did you have to beat Brechin to finish second, or they could pip you to runner up spot?  

I seem to remember talk in the ground that day of trophy carrying helicopters, so could you have won the league, or am I imagining that bit of chat?

We needed a point to go up Brechin needed to win, Roddy was playing for them. Hamilton ended up winning the league on goal difference with both sides on 76 points, had they lost at Montrose we would have won the league.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Is it the one that end's with "Lemon Entry my dear Watson"

Because that's a bit rude

No, it's the one that ends "No, someone's stolen our tent"

See- family friendly fun on P&B :thumsup2

And given that it still has all its wheels it was only parked there a couple of minutes earlier.
Aye, and see what happened to it when it went up the road to the other side of Coatdyke Cross..... and various other oh so fucking tired "jokes"about The Monklands. How we laughed!
I had that Bernard Manning in the back of the cab once....

On 23/07/2019 at 07:27, PauloPerth said:

One of the most exciting stadium re-developments in Scotland for years..

New dugouts at McDiarmid Park.

IMG_0940.JPG

Is this why you haven't signed Stevie May yet? Is it the fermer equivalent of John McGinn and the disco lights?