Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

28 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I wonder why the auld boy is walking the other way from everybody else. 

"Ah said ah was never going back when they sold St John. You lot are just accepting mediocrity.."

Time for a quick one before kick off 

What was the deal with the funny wee corner stand at Pittodrie. I may have asked this and been answered about 150 pages ago, but I'm 53 now so I may have forgotten, and certainly can't be arsed checking back through.
From what I recall from my mates. There were two of them. One got plowed down woth the conversion of the beach end into the Richard Donald. I'll find a picture at some point

What was the deal with the funny wee corner stand at Pittodrie. I may have asked this and been answered about 150 pages ago, but I'm 53 now so I may have forgotten, and certainly can't be arsed checking back through.
Main Stand on Left, taken from Merkland. Old Beach end and corner stand in view220px-The_old_Beach_End_Stand%2C_Pittodrie._-_geograph.org.uk_-_115864.jpg

From what I recall from my mates. There were two of them. One got plowed down woth the conversion of the beach end into the Richard Donald. I'll find a picture at some point
I only remember the one pictured. When you say there were originally
two do you mean there was one at each end of the main stand?

On 19/02/2019 at 09:54, lewisnorthfield said:
On 19/02/2019 at 08:27, dd23 said:

There were definitely not two of them. Not sure about the history of why it was built, but it to my eternal frustration that it is the only part of the two versions of Pittodrie, seated and non seated, that I was never in. I may never get over it.

I suppose developing an 'all seated, all covered' stadium which was not actually all covered would be classed as a 'Quirk'!

One of my favourite pictures of Pittodrie.... about 1980 - I can't be arsed to dig out an actual date....

48963773_2031334553626936_4892927018204659712_o.jpg

Edited by Ken Fitlike

That corner stand at Pittodrie was bizarre. It didn't even curve round the corner, it just stood facing the opposite end.  I used to think it must have been weird sitting in it when the action was at the near goal as you'd be sitting looking over your left shoulder!

Building the Richard Donald Stand at the Beech End was a big mistake for me, the old Beech End was the best stand at the ground.  If they'd replaced either side stand with the Richard Donald design of stand,Pittodrie would be a vastly superior stadium today.