Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

40 minutes ago, Spirit of Barcelona said:

Was given the lifted over the turnstiles book for Christmas and naturally, the way you do, went to the entry about my own team.

”Dundee United were formedin 1909 by the amalgamation of several well-established football clubs in the town “

No they weren’t....!

First post nearly 5 years after joining!!!

Welcome, Bro

2 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Tynecastle 's capacity was 27,000 then.
It seemed like there were a lot more though.

I was at the game in the shed and it was as busy as I've ever seen Tynecastle.  The official attendance was 29,000 but as it was pay at the gate I bet this was a big underestimation.

image.thumb.png.c0086b3ca09070a564202e9b414d5a3c.png

12 hours ago, Spirit of Barcelona said:

Have just spent several hours over the holidays reading this 127 page thread and thoroughly enjoyed it. Better than anything on TV with the possible exception of the Billy Connolly stuff.. Forgot I had ever joined until I tried to sign in !

There was Carry On films on.

6 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Brockville 1971 - Falkirk vs Rangers in the Scottish Cup.

08B34AE3-7E92-4771-8F92-2E997EFCA468.thumb.jpeg.cb20a109d260566e29a40f4b36a3e5d9.jpeg

I was at that game. Actually played Feb 72, 2-2 draw with Alex Ferguson equalising for Falkirk with 20 mins left. The crowd was quoted at 20000, I’m sure it was all ticket.

6 minutes ago, Spirit of Barcelona said:

The ground to the right is Tannadice. The ground at the top of the picture is the “ TCKeay” end of  Dens Park.

The most obvious pitch is on the left and is what is now known as Gussie Park which is still operated by United for youth teams !

CF08FF84-D124-45FC-9E6E-5D3D60764F78.jpeg

Maybe the way I’m looking at it, but there doesn’t seem to be any terracing on the enclosure opposite the stand at Dens. Anyone any idea of the approximate year?