Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Hoe far is the nearest rail stop from Falkirk's ground?

1.2 miles to Grahamston as the crow flies, 1.5 miles by the most direct walking route. Outwith the acceptable 1 mile limit and deserving of expulsion, IMO.

Unsure if still the case but when I was seeing a girl from Forfar many years ago she took me to Station park a few times. Found it amazing that you went up the players tunnel for the toilet  

14 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Unsure if still the case but when I was seeing a girl from Forfar many years ago she took me to Station park a few times. Found it amazing that you went up the players tunnel for the toilet  

Is that a euphemism?

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

1.2 miles to Grahamston as the crow flies, 1.5 miles by the most direct walking route. Outwith the acceptable 1 mile limit and deserving of expulsion, IMO.

Clubs to be expelled from the SPFL on these grounds:

Aberdeen, Airdrie, Bonnyrigg, Cove, Dundee, Dundee United, East Fife, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Forfar, Hibs, ICT, Kelty, Livingston, Peterhead, St Johnstone, Stirling Albion

IZW_8Zm-7ixy6f6GqQd0tL5ZHYYPPVUsbwjE-3Bb9Fw.jpg.0985f3dad3577f4eb072476308987b5c.jpg

9 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Aberdeen, Airdrie, Bonnyrigg, Cove, Dundee, Dundee United, East Fife, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Forfar, Hibs, ICT, Kelty, Livingston, Peterhead, St Johnstone, Stirling Albion

Hibs could presumably try reapplying for readmission once the McDonald Road Tram Stop is operational 

Whether light rail would be sufficient to satisfy the requirement is uncertain but they'd have a case to make.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hibs could presumably try reapplying for readmission once the McDonald Road Tram Stop is operational 

Whether light rail would be sufficient to satisfy the requirement is uncertain but they'd have a case to make.

That is the kind of top-notch, niche content I joined Pie & Bovril for. Have a Charles. 

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

My gut instinct is that trams are a slippery slope and we'll be allowing bus stops to count next. Unacceptable.

I did in the interests of Glasgow v Edinburgh fairness give thought to removing St George's Cross and Ibrox from consideration, but Partick and Rangers both have real stations a mile away anyway. As it doesn't allow them to get kicked out I'm afraid Edinburgh is simply going to need a better public transport network.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

IZW_8Zm-7ixy6f6GqQd0tL5ZHYYPPVUsbwjE-3Bb9Fw.jpg.0985f3dad3577f4eb072476308987b5c.jpg

East Fife get an exception as the new Fife Circle branch line will be open in a year or two, meaning a walk of less than 5 minutes to the ground.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Would also say that Elgin, Queen of the South, Stranraer, Montrose, Annan and Alloa are on shaky ground here if we're to take the walk to/from the ground to the train station in to account.

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

We really need to step up our monorail installation works before expulsion.

12 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Swap FC Edinburgh for Dunbar United who have a better stand and are within a mile radius of Dunbar Station.

I've walked to Airdrie's ground from Drumgelloch Station- it didn't feel as if it was over a mile away but maybe I'm fitter than I thought 

15 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Will East Fife be reinstated in 2024? After installation of their new railway line?

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Swap FC Edinburgh for Dunbar United who have a better stand and are within a mile radius of Dunbar Station.

I've walked to Airdrie's ground from Drumgelloch Station- it didn't feel as if it was over a mile away but maybe I'm fitter than I thought 

1.1 miles, I checked after @Dunning1874posted, but there is a shortcut I can't be bothered explaining, that would take a bit off it.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

1.1 miles, I checked after @Dunning1874posted, but there is a shortcut I can't be bothered explaining, that would take a bit off it.

A shortcut, presumably through the arse end of the hinterlands of Craigneuk? Would probably just advise against the risk of a potential threat to life, and to take the extra exercise and stick to the main thoroughfares tbh!!

3 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

A shortcut, presumably through the arse end of the hinterlands of Craigneuk? Would probably just advise against the risk of a potential threat to life, and to take the extra exercise and stick to the main thoroughfares tbh!!

It goes past my Aunt's house, she's 80 odd now, but I'd ask her to walk with you.