Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

36 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

It's actually nothing like Boghead was mostly like...

Screenshot_20200418-113717_Samsung Internet.jpg

You're right of course. I've got some quite vivid memories, but none of them involve sun.

In a moment of internationalism. I remember being there one midweek just after Sandy Clark left Airdrie and he either brought Frankie van der Else with him or borrowed his sponsored car, because it was parked behind the old stand I think.

Loved that ground.  The only downside was standing at the fence giving w****r signs to someone and then going for a pish to see him standing next to you.  I was 15 and shit myself when I saw a guy I had been giving it the come ahead sign to standing two along from me.  Dodgy perth b*****ds probably built it like that on purpose...

Here is the actual toilet wall you were doing a Pish in.

Photo was taken at the very last game at Muirton Park against Ayr Utd.IMG_0795.jpg

On 19/04/2020 at 17:16, Old Pack said:

Here is the actual toilet wall you were doing a Pish in.

Photo was taken at the very last game at Muirton Park against Ayr Utd.IMG_0795.jpg

That's brilliant.  They guy who I was  giving it big come on then  to before I found myself next to him just started laughing when he seen me turn white.  I  went back to the other side of the fence and gave it the you're getting it signs to him and he just smiled and gave me the thumbs.   Taught me what the football was all about.   I think it was the first game of the season after when we both came up together.  One of my fav memories from an away ground 

Edited by HooseLee

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Starks Park, Kirkcaldy from what looks like about a hundred years ago....

FB_IMG_1593716143043.jpg

I mean, it literally says "Beith Football Club" on the stand...

If that pic doesn't do the slope justice how fu*kin bad is the slope?!!!

Picture doesn't do the slope at Beith justice. Neither does this one but if you look at the angle of the crossbar and the terracing along the touchline you get an idea.
FB_IMG_1593729570374.thumb.jpg.2b8ccf399c37fc3c99a7c8174adc2eb1.jpg

On 10 April 2020 at 11:59, IrishBhoy said:

My first ever football game attended live was a Clydebank game in 1994 when I was about 5 years old. I got took to Clydebank shopping centre with my aunt and uncle, but must have been annoying them as my uncle decided to take me to the game while my aunt went shopping. It might be my young mind playing tricks but I always remember the stadium as being sunken down below ground level, with large mounds of earth round the stands.  I’ve went and looked at pictures of the stadium on google but it’s hard to judge from them. 

The ground obviously been built out the side of a hill back in the day. Had a cover that ran the length of the pitch. Slight problem was it only covered about the back three rows of punters. They started bumming about being an all seated stadium. The old terracing had been covered in wooden benches. Luckily Clydebank has the same weather as Benidorm.

6 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

I've asked for a chap to come see what he thinks, but surely if it was Starks Park it would say "Raith Rovers Football Club" on the stand ?...and not also have the Kilbirnie Hills in the background ?😀😀

It's  Starks. The hills in the background have been reclaimed by the sea.