Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

On 10/04/2020 at 14:10, Arch Stanton said:

The road at the away end was elevated as it crossed the railway line which ran behind the main stand. When you entered the stadium you were at the top of the terracing.

A few folk used to try and watch the match for free from that road. Sometimes saw the police moving them along.

The road at the away end was elevated as it crossed the railway line which ran behind the main stand. When you entered the stadium you were at the top of the terracing.
Pollok's Newlansfield use to provide free views from Pollokshaws East station until flats were built in the early 00's (can't find any pictures of the ground pre-flats).

pollok08.jpg

20 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Pollok's Newlansfield use to provide free views from Pollokshaws East station until flats were built in the early 00's (can't find any pictures of the ground pre-flats).

pollok08.jpg

It's surprising how few people watch from the flats. Is it disinterest or do they come down and pay in?

It's surprising how few people watch from the flats. Is it disinterest or do they come down and pay in?
I used to know a lassie who had one of those flats around 2005 when they were quite new. She worked at a call centre but her father was head of some NHS board and paid for the flat.

I was astonished that games were going yet she had never even glanced at one. I saw a couple from there myself but she was completely disinterested.

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I used to know a lassie who had one of those flats around 2005 when they were quite new. She worked at a call centre but her father was head of some NHS board and paid for the flat.

I was astonished that games were going yet she had never even glanced at one. I saw a couple from there myself but she was completely disinterested.

Did you have a go?

23 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

West Calder's auld Burngrange Park. Images chored from NLS

Burngrange%20Park%20(West%20Calder%20United)1.JPG

Burngrange%20Park%20(West%20Calder%20United)9.jpg

Burngrange%20Park%20(West%20Calder%20United)11.jpg

The line to Glasgow Central is at the back of the ground.

It was a right swampy pitch at Burngrange. The new park on the other side of West Calder is a neat set up... with a swampy pitch! 

Thanks. Did any other ground have a novelty oversized beverage container as a vending outlet?
I can't think of any off the top of my head. Not a vendor or Scottish but on the subject of food & drink Central Coast Mariners of the A-League have some massive fùcking sauce bottles. Potential idea for 3 sided or less stadia to fill the empty space.

proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FDzNEdssU0AA_epT.jpg&sp=1587164153T7e965f939cb804b89573e711576c973c77930ff2663d4772ed8fb45e59f6b955