Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

The temporary stand at Celtic Park, in use from late 95 to early 97, with one of the ponchos Celtic handed out when it was pishing down, I.e 90% of the time. 
IMG_20200108_185651.jpg.cf0850f4eb8b368e7a44a07d4ec5de49.jpg
IMG_20200108_185653.thumb.jpg.88995f4e1db106427bf168723bd4f546.jpg

The away end was the same. I remember in 95 we played you in the cup there and i had the seat high up, next to the white bit at the opposite end. Not the best being next to a massive drop for someone with a fear of heights.

Since this is the Quirks of Scottish Football Grounds thread, we should really talk about the quirks - and Firhill is quite bizarre in that when away fans get the end section of the Husband Stand, the stewards are quite strict in making sure you get an away ticket and go in the away turnstiles to get into the away section... then you go onto a totally unsegregated concourse where the toilets and catering facilities are in the nominal home area. Seems a bit of work for works sake when they could just not have these folk outside and "separate" turnstiles (they are right next to each other too).

Firhill before it's inevitable destruction tomorrow evening [emoji6][emoji173][emoji169][emoji1665]

FB_IMG_1579280266849.jpg.ae614c14bed9849fc8c9ed12cb405fc4.jpg
FB_IMG_1579280269684.jpg.f36c73ff96828157154cb6fca0fe3ba2.jpg
FB_IMG_1579280272925.jpg.68272fc2b96691990bf34f4c59cd9902.jpg
I was on the canal path recently and found out you can see quite a lot of the pitch from that vantage point. Do you get a lot of people standing watching a match from there?

15 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Since this is the Quirks of Scottish Football Grounds thread, we should really talk about the quirks - and Firhill is quite bizarre in that when away fans get the end section of the Husband Stand, the stewards are quite strict in making sure you get an away ticket and go in the away turnstiles to get into the away section... then you go onto a totally unsegregated concourse where the toilets and catering facilities are in the nominal home area. Seems a bit of work for works sake when they could just not have these folk outside and "separate" turnstiles (they are right next to each other too).

That does seem unusual. Any time I've been as an away fan we've been situated in the old main stand. The only other time I've been was a few months ago to a Scotland youth international where we beat Germany 1-0 and the fans were in the old stand too. Was hoping to get a seat in the Jackie Husband just to say I'd been in but no dice. 

Aye all the times I’ve been there supporting the dons we’ve been in the Main Stand. The rumour was that Celtic and Rangers had to go in the stand on the opposite side of pitch because the Main Stand is made of wood and they were a fire hazard! The cynic in my says it’s probably because it seats more, but I always enjoyed the superiority that story gave me as a Dandy.

It’s a fine old ground and one I miss dearly from the top flight as it’s very close to my flat!

16 hours ago, energyzone said:
20 hours ago, jagfox99 said:
Firhill before it's inevitable destruction tomorrow evening emoji6.pngemoji173.pngemoji169.pngemoji1665.png

FB_IMG_1579280266849.jpg.ae614c14bed9849fc8c9ed12cb405fc4.jpg
FB_IMG_1579280269684.jpg.f36c73ff96828157154cb6fca0fe3ba2.jpg
FB_IMG_1579280272925.jpg.68272fc2b96691990bf34f4c59cd9902.jpg

I was on the canal path recently and found out you can see quite a lot of the pitch from that vantage point. Do you get a lot of people standing watching a match from there?

They used to get the boys doing community service (clean the path trail) to work there every second Saturday as extra punishment.  Most re offended very quickly so they could get the jail.  

That does seem unusual. Any time I've been as an away fan we've been situated in the old main stand. The only other time I've been was a few months ago to a Scotland youth international where we beat Germany 1-0 and the fans were in the old stand too. Was hoping to get a seat in the Jackie Husband just to say I'd been in but no dice. 
We used to get the stand behind the goals and we've been in the old stand a few times but the last couple of times I've been there it's been the Husband stand with the weird segregation/or not set up.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
5 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

We used to get the stand behind the goals and we've been in the old stand a few times but the last couple of times I've been there it's been the Husband stand with the weird segregation/or not set up.

I've only ever been to Firhill three times to watch Motherwell, however each time has been in a different decade and each time I've been in a different stand. 

1997 - Partick 0-2 Motherwell (Jackie Husband Stand)

2005 - Partick 3-0 Motherwell (Behind the goals)

2017 - Partick 3-2 Motherwell (Main Stand) 

7 hours ago, Desp said:

I've only ever been to Firhill three times to watch Motherwell, however each time has been in a different decade and each time I've been in a different stand. 

1997 - Partick 0-2 Motherwell (Jackie Husband Stand)

2005 - Partick 3-0 Motherwell (Behind the goals)

2017 - Partick 3-2 Motherwell (Main Stand) 

Because of going to various Junior Cup Finals and various other matches I've seen more games at Firhill that didn't involve Partick than did!

Edited by tamthebam
Bloody predictive text

13 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Because of going to various Junior Cup Finals and various other matches I've seen more games at Firhill that didn't involve Partick than did!

I think the only grounds I've watched matches from every "end" are Tynecastle and Old Trafford.......Muirton Park perhaps? Hampden Park?

6 minutes ago, sjc said:

I think the only grounds I've watched matches from every "end" are Tynecastle and Old Trafford.......Muirton Park perhaps? Hampden Park?

Tynecastle, Hampden, Fir Park and Easter Road for me although if I ever go into the main stand at Tannadice and the Derry at Dens I could add those.

I also remembered I've seen the Scotland Women's team more times at McDiarmid Park than I have Saints!

Edited by tamthebam
Added Fir Park. And why not!