Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

Definitely a quirk in that picture considering it’s inside out.

Yes!
I had an odd feeling about it, but didn’t scrutinise it very closely...

The ‘half cover’ end roof was at the left side of the main stand, with the open (ahem) Rangers End on the right.

Totally weird to look at now......

1 hour ago, Ken Fitlike said:

Yes!
I had an odd feeling about it, but didn’t scrutinise it very closely...

The ‘half cover’ end roof was at the left side of the main stand, with the open (ahem) Rangers End on the right.

Totally weird to look at now......

It’s also pre 1967.

On 17/04/2019 at 17:37, Glenconner said:

Definitely a quirk in that picture considering it’s inside out.

Well spotted that man. Thought there was something funny, started to wonder if it was Love St or somewhere else.smrayg.jpg.6d6fddab163e7f8bebdca07d68878e38.thumb.jpg.b4fa0918029fe545bbbc1ff35b146030.jpg

On 17/04/2019 at 14:47, Monkey Tennis said:

Why post that one though?  What's quirky about it?

You do sometimes get snow in Scotland.  You do often get flats near football grounds.

I'm still seeing no quirk.

Aye, would have been better in the history thread.

On 17/04/2019 at 10:50, Ken Fitlike said:

Balmoor Stadium, Peterhead a few seasons back.

Quirk being lots of temporary scaffold viewing platforms erected to accommodate the fans of a new club that entered the league.

Now back to two touchline stands and flat standing at the perimiters

balmoor (2).jpg

Look closely enough you’ll see a tricolour and a team playing in a Celtic away kit. That’s before Rangers 2012 were in league 2, must have been a cup game against Celtic a few years prior.

Look closely enough you’ll see a tricolour and a team playing in a Celtic away kit. That’s before Rangers 2012 were in league 2, must have been a cup game against Celtic a few years prior.
Was a Scottish Cup game 8th January 2012. Celtic won 3-0

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/16376812

On 2/27/2019 at 12:53, Andy_K_97 said:

Saw these on twitter earlier this morning - it's Tannadice in 1992 before the arrival of the Fair Play stand and the Eddie Thompson stand.

D0Zy2jVWsAAdLbw.jpg

Where the players are walking past is where I used to go with my pals when we were first old enough to go on our own. The front row is about 4 foot below the level of the pitch so your head was at pitch level.

I have a memory of away fans being able to stand behind those barriers in front of the exec boxes too

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

The old pavillion at Lochee Harp's Beechwood Park which was where I used to go when united were away.

Sadly demolished about a year ago

locheeharp07.png

The guy in the wheelchair could've demolished with a couple of runs at it.

12 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Saw these on twitter earlier this morning - it's Tannadice in 1992 before the arrival of the Fair Play stand and the Eddie Thompson stand.

That makes it sound as if they just turned up on the back of a lorry like Portakabins.

Where the players are walking past is where I used to go with my pals when we were first old enough to go on our own. The front row is about 4 foot below the level of the pitch so your head was at pitch level.
I have a memory of away fans being able to stand behind those barriers in front of the exec boxes too

Yes I’ve stood in that bit for a derby.

5 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I stood there for the Hadjuk Split game in 1986/7. A 2-0 win I seem to recall.