Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

1 hour ago, CityDave said:

From an example of some of the largest to one of the smallest seated stands in Scottish football. Does anyone know of a smaller seated stand than the one at Fraserburgh Utd? It looks like a stiff breeze would blow it over. Its in quite an open area quite exposed to the elements in winter so it must be pretty robust considering where it is.

Image result for fraserburgh utd

That's blurring the line between "Stand" and "Dug out"

From an example of some of the largest to one of the smallest seated stands in Scottish football. Does anyone know of a smaller seated stand than the one at Fraserburgh Utd? It looks like a stiff breeze would blow it over. Its in quite an open area quite exposed to the elements in winter so it must be pretty robust considering where it is.

Football travels Dec 09  to May 10 008.jpg

football travels Nov 08 to Apr 09 051.jpg

DSC00152.JPG

fraserburghutd1.jpg

Was that pic of Celtic Park taken in 410? Looks like my section only I'm a couple of rows in front of the pillars.

8 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

On the subject of what you can see from your seat, I like the fact I can actually see Hampden from my seat at Celtic Park. Especially on the dark nights you can see the floodlights away in the distance.

You can draw a straight line between Celtic Park, Shawfield and Hampden, not a lot of people know that.

2 hours ago, CityDave said:

Football travels Dec 09  to May 10 008.jpg

football travels Nov 08 to Apr 09 051.jpg

DSC00152.JPG

Image result for fraserburgh utd

I seem to recall that the stand at Boghead was the smallest in senior football. Capacity was 80

You can draw a straight line between Celtic Park, Shawfield and Hampden, not a lot of people know that.

I certainly didn't. Can also see the floodlights of the new National Hockey Arena from my seat. Those floodlights threw me for a bit trying to work out what it was.

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

It's not Scotland, but plenty quirks in the Faroes :lol:

Part 2 of my travels to the most fitba daft nation on earth... Link is below:

I'm told the link doesn't always show on a phone so here it is

https://scottishfootballgroundswordpresscom.wordpress.com/

26 minutes ago, Celticloon said:

Think this stand at Montrose Roselea would beat the Fraserburgh one for smallest seating section in the game. 

B_Wi555XEAAn2hT.jpg

I've been there, looks like the winner, this one is next to the main building. There's three or four of these around the pitch can't remember if all of them are seated though and my photos aren't clear enough.

DSC00016.JPG

DSC00013.JPG

DSC00012.JPG

DSC00011.JPG

Ibrox has the only 3-tiered stand, AFAIA.

There are precious few proper 2-tiered stands too, i.e. that actually have an overhang over the tier below:

- Main Stand at Hibs
- South Stand at Hampden
- side stand at Rangers
- 3 new stands at Celtic
- most stands at Tannadice
- Richard Donald Stand at Aberdeen?
- stand at Formartine Utd

56 minutes ago, Celticloon said:

Think this stand at Montrose Roselea would beat the Fraserburgh one for smallest seating section in the game. 

B_Wi555XEAAn2hT.jpg

Oh wait a minute. Actually, it depends on how many that could sit in the bus shelter at Cupar Angus? Its a close one.

Image result for coupar angus jfc foxhall park

Edited by CityDave

On 30/08/2016 at 12:51, lubo_blaha said:

For a club who have a fairly remote ground, it's strange that they have their social club right in the centre of Aberdeen on King Street.

Just googled them and noticed that they have recently merged with Stoneywood FC.

Parkvale

They used to play in Aberdeen up until 1994 when they moved out to Findon Park.

36 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Coupar Angus is a shitehole right enough. Lost a few balls in that factory thing behind the goals at the other end. 

That thing behind the hedge? That taken in 2010 I take it the hedge was a lot shorter?

Mind you try and get the ball back from a hedge like that, they use a ladder at Glebe for the high hedge and I think they had a fishing net at Hill of Beath

DSC00035.JPG

Edited by CityDave

19 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Once you're in though the bar in the stand is good :thumsup2

Loved my day out there when we played them in the Scottish Cup a few years ago. Are they still piss poor? 

I dunno, they might give Formartine a game :whistle

35 minutes ago, CityDave said:

That thing behind the hedge? That taken in 2010 I take it the hedge was a lot shorter?

Mind you try and get the ball back from a hedge like that, they use a ladder at Glebe for the high hedge and I think they had a fishing net at Hill of Beath

DSC00035.JPG

That's the one. Hedge was probably about same size but what the picture doesn't really show is the wee gaps near the bottom. Perfect for balls, not so much for decent sized humans.