Ardagh Cup FINAL

CC1987

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Cmon Hertha . You know these Talbot lads couldn't find Lugar even wae a sat nav . Gie them a break mate emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Lol speaking of Lugar i remember going there on public transport before our supporters bus started and a few of my regular lifts to games were on holiday , a bus to glengarnock train station , train from glengarnock to Kilwinning for the switch of train from Kilwinning to Ayr , walked to Ayr bus station and got  bus from ayr to Cumnock bus station  , waited ten minutes for the bus to Lugar and I enjoyed every minute of it as I got to see my team , it's no big deal and you do what you need to do to see your favourites . :) 

10 minutes ago, Wild Winton Rover said:

When you read through the posts, you are starting to see what excellent venues there are in Ayrshire, all with great playing surfaces and facilities.

Totally agree and can't think of them ever being as good as at present . 

Some excellent pitches and grounds in Ayrshire for junior level. 

27 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

got to agree with myself on this one.

best teams and best infrastructure in the country, overall.

got to agree with myself on this one.

best teams and best infrastructure in the country, overall.

You both have the same grammar, spelling and normally post on the same topic. Hmmmm ????

Suffice to say that 1 clown rolled into 2 halfwitted posters is comedy gold. It gives the rest of us amusement [emoji23][emoji23].

Please don't take offence HB/Shanner [emoji23]

I'm thinking about booking a holiday around start of June next year
However, before I do I will get the travel times etc from the experts on here, so I know the times , sights to see, places to eat ( although on my sprint between stops, I won't have time to stop and buy anything never mind stop to eat it

I'm thinking about booking a holiday around start of June next year
However, before I do I will get the travel times etc from the experts on here, so I know the times , sights to see, places to eat ( although on my sprint between stops, I won't have time to stop and buy anything never mind stop to eat it

HB/Shanner is at the wind up Bul2. He is waiting for a bite, Don't give him it ffs lol [emoji23]

2 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Cmon Hertha . You know these Talbot lads couldn't find Lugar even wae a sat nav . Gie them a break mate emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

If it wasn't for the fact that we humped somebody 5-1 in an Ayrshire Cup final at Rosebank I honestly would be hard pressed to find Lugar. Pity the Blastie's goalie didn't have the ball on his sat nav that night. HaHa

Jeez this thread is mental.

I just wonder how many Junior Clubs travel by public transport.

If Final is to be played in Troon then so be it.  Don't remember so many moans when Somerset held the finals on a Monday night or when we played Kilbirnie at Meadow Park on a Sunday.  I just want to be in a final don't care where it is getting played

6 hours ago, Bul2 said:

I , personally, haven't used the Cumnock to Ayr bus recently, but, on an odd occasion my wife has went on the bus to Ayr during the week which takes 40-45 mins as I have asked her while typing this post
That is on a midweek day, not a Sunday, which is a restricted service and can take longer as the bus takes longer as they often go in to some of the villages etc they bypass during the week
Even if we are talking 40 mins to get from Cumnock to Ayr, you actually are asking us to consider that the other part of the journey I.e walk from bus stop to train station, train to Troon, walk from station to Portland Park , in total is 35 mins !!!!!!
Oh, also as the Sunday service is less often than during the week , not every hour at the same time, but, quite often 2 hourly at certain parts of the day on a Sunday ,
I'll stick by my original assessment and you use the figures on Traveline, that website that is there to promote the travel companies that are noted on it so is unlikely to factor in , up front, that you might have " unforeseen" delays

One question, have you travelled all or part of this route you describe ..... Almost certainly not or you wouldn't be quoting Traveline
Have I travelled the route - naw !!

My good lady wife has travelled the first part of the route on a few instances and her first thought when asked about travelling to Ayr on the bus and on to Troon on the train in 1 hr 15 mins was " no chance"

Please excuse me for taking her answer on board rather than yours, I'm feart fae her and I'm not scared of you in the slightest

the long winter nights must fly past in your gaff.

10 minutes ago, Nocko said:

Jeez this thread is mental.

I just wonder how many Junior Clubs travel by public transport.

If Final is to be played in Troon then so be it.  Don't remember so many moans when Somerset held the finals on a Monday night or when we played Kilbirnie at Meadow Park on a Sunday.  I just want to be in a final don't care where it is getting played

Agreed 100% and it's just great to be in a final regardless of where it's played, some football fans at various levels don't get a chance at all to ever see their beloved club play in a final so it should be a pleasure regardless of where you play.  

If it wasn't for the fact that we humped somebody 5-1 in an Ayrshire Cup final at Rosebank I honestly would be hard pressed to find Lugar. Pity the Blastie's goalie didn't have the ball on his sat nav that night. HaHa

The thing was oor goalie was man of the match that night. We were singing we're shite & we know we are [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You not from the area BG?

the long winter nights must fly past in your gaff.

Yours will be a hoot, do they let you play cards, pool etc with the orderlies in the secure unit

Although you will always keep your hand in....... I would guess your right wan

2 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

Ludicrous to say the least.
Have you lost every ounce of common sense you were given if any.
Why oh why all the travelling if it's a Talbot v Cumnock or Beith v Ladeside final???
Toss a coin for the venue.
If it's Beith v Cumnock or Talbot v Ladeside then it's Meadow Park if any sense comes into play.
But no let's all jump on buses and trains.

No need to worry QL  Beith will pump you out in the semis anyway.

No need to worry QL  Beith will pump you out in the semis anyway.

Cannae see it Kenny but your entitled to your opinion [emoji4]. Confident that our quality workmanship and boosted stronger defence will see our new noisy neighbours away ????

Archived