Brian Gilfallan

I was up at moffat last night watching Mids v uppers and I must say imo I think he is average at best. Both teams are very young with potential but I feel Brian is actually a negative for a young uppers side. He takes everything from the throws to free kicks. Maybe this was a one off but it showed last night and mids deserved the win. Uppers need to stop leaking goals if they don't want to finish bottom!

Had a good career at a better level than most he's competing against. Watched him stroll through a couple of games in League One only a season or two ago. Decent enough guy off the park, hope things work out for him.

14 minutes ago, Match of the Day said:

Didn't realise he played at that level. What team did he play for? Why is he still not playing at that level? Must of been a decent player if he played league one.

Played for Annan, Clyde, Peterhead and Airdrie in recent years.

Trained with Gretna a few times when playing at Peterhead when down road, nice guy, always tried to help younger players. 

Coached a youth team at Annan aswell can't remember if it was u17/19 tho

14 hours ago, Match of the Day said:

Didn't realise he played at that level. What team did he play for? Why is he still not playing at that level? Must of been a decent player if he played league one.

Has had a number of clubs, started at Inverness before moving to Gretna. Think in this time he was capped for Northern Ireland under 21's. 

A bad injury and age have maybe prevented him finding another league club.  

Archived