West Premier Champions 2016/17

manintheknow

It's a hard one to call this year. Usually a fast start makes all the difference. Several clubs have a lot of early cup action on their plate. Who do we fancy? Can Troon do a Beith? Can Pollok challenge the Ayrshire stranglehold? Was 40 pts the high watermark for this Ladeside team? I'm still not able to look beyond the usual suspects but do think it will be one with a low points total.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, ardcol said:

Pollok

Talbot

Hurlford

Beith

Troon

Kilbirnie

Arthurlie

Rob Roy

Kilwinning Rangers

Cumnock

Glenafton

Largs

Just my prediction of the league this season, good luck to all

I think pollok will be very strong this season and will give the Ayrshire teams a good battle for the league .

Talbot                                                            Troon.                                                         Beith.                                                           Hurlford.                                                  pollok.        .                                                                                                  Kilbirnie.                                             RobRoy                                              Cumnock.                                          Glenafton .                                                Arthurlie.                                                    Largs.                                                          Kilwinning 

3 hours ago, ardcol said:

Pollok

Talbot

Hurlford

Beith

Troon

Kilbirnie

Arthurlie

Rob Roy

Kilwinning Rangers

Cumnock

Glenafton

Largs

Just my prediction of the league this season, good luck to all

I'd be delighted if Buffs finish 4th from bottom,avoiding the play-off place,after the pre-season Ardagh Cup results we've had!!

It's hard to see past Auchinleck for the top spot but there are a few teams who could run them close - Beith, Hurlford, Pollok and Kilbirnie are the teams I expect to make up the top 5. I just think Troon lack something to make them contenders.

Cumnock should be fine and I'm not sure if Largs have enough to see them avoid the relegation battle. I'm not confident about Kilwinning's chances either.

It's all guess work at the moment as nothing can be taken from the Ardagh Cup results. The opening four weeks of the league will give us some good pointers but until then I will reserve judgment. It's going to be an exciting league this season unless the authorities feck it up as usual.

It's going to be another season of mixed results I think. Teams of similar levels all able to beat each other on the day, no easy games. Talbot will continue to be the bench mark and if anyone finishes above them they will be champions.

From a Pollok point of view we have a settled side and added a couple of players who improve our side. Still a few concerns in depth of the squad in some positions but going forward we have some of the best players at this level which hopefully makes for an exciting season.

If we were in a title hunt come April that would be a very good season for us league wise.

5 minutes ago, superpollok said:

It's going to be another season of mixed results I think. Teams of similar levels all able to beat each other on the day, no easy games. Talbot will continue to be the bench mark and if anyone finishes above them they will be champions.

From a Pollok point of view we have a settled side and added a couple of players who improve our side. Still a few concerns in depth of the squad in some positions but going forward we have some of the best players at this level which hopefully makes for an exciting season.

If we were in a title hunt come April that would be a very good season for us league wise.

If it were based on amazing goals scored then pollok would have won the league already :) 

Have watched lots of their footage and from winters 40 yarder away to St Rochs to hanlons  hat trick to sideserffs goal at dunterlie pollok seem to score loads of crackers. 

Will take no interest in any of the League cup games re possible league form as it's an absolute farce
Still think we are a bit short squad wise to go & win the league but we won't be far away again . Looking at the signings other clubs have made I expect Talbot Troon & Ford to be up there or thereabouts with our neighbours close by as well
As others have alluded to I feel Buffs might struggle as some of their signings have been lukewarm at best

1 minute ago, Sancho Panza said:

Hope I'm wrong but can't see Ladeside in the top 4, squad is too weak.

I thought last season you were only  a 20 goal a season striker away from winning the league  as the defence and midfield were pretty much spot on. I would have thought with this type of striker you would be back up there again this season but I don't really know the personnel as much this season as last. 

Archived