Clyde V Cowdenbeath

Arbroath seem obsessed with Clyde this season. But anyway on to the game...

i enjoyed it today, even if our defending was poor at times. I'm not one to be super critical so just enjoyed an open game today. Yes we conceded 3 today but we also scored 5. Of course from a managers point of view BF will be disappointed with the defending at times but as supporters, the team won. A lot to build on still but I'd rather a 5-3 victory than a boring 1-0. At least we had some entertainment. 

At times the football we played was brilliant, especially that 4th goal! Easton had a cracking game yet still feel he is capable of so much more (the boy has serious talent). At times he can frustrate you adding an extra flick or not releasing the ball quick enough but you have got to give him that freedom as that's where he excels. Flynn also looked a lot better today, another cracking player but not quite showed it yet. McLaughlin was his usual self, kept it simple & effective. Linton has been slightly disappointing for me this season, he's played well but capable of so much more (last season proved that!). Strikers seemed to have a good understanding together. Yes there is negatives but also a lot of positives. Looking forward to Arbroath at home in a couple of weeks time. 2 teams with a lot of quality in their squads. Will be a tough game but one we can win! 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McLaughlin is, in my opinion, the most improved player this season so far. Higgins has improved too. Perhaps the changes in the way we play suits them.
Linton and Flynn have still to show what they are capable off.
Defence is a mess but I'm glad the Smith is back.

9 hours ago, lichtie36nilhello said:

I get this shit all the time, oh you post on our every thread pish... time for others to be realistic and accurate about their posts. Bigger dicks than me going around, no doubt someone will correct me on this too!  Too many cannot take being online so it seems, they take it all too serious.  Time for them to wind it in a bit is it not?  Open forum, freedom of speech and all that... 

'I get his shit all the time'

'bigger dicks than me'

You must be so proud

McLaughlin is, in my opinion, the most improved player this season so far. Higgins has improved too. Perhaps the changes in the way we play suits them.
Linton and Flynn have still to show what they are capable off.
Defence is a mess but I'm glad the Smith is back.

Totally agree. McLaughlin is like a new player this season looks so relaxed and comfortable playing infront of the defence (as shaky as it is) what I enjoy most is he keeps it simple, doesnt go for the world cup pass.

Higgins is showing what he really has to offer but mostly that he is capable of working hard all game, I was a huge critic of Higgins last year calling him uninterested and lazy but gladly he is proving me wrong. Him and McDonald seems to play off each other really well, McDonald's experience shows with all the best flicks and first touches he a joy to watch even if he isn't 100℅ at this point I feel there's more to come from him.

Like said Easton seems to get better each week despite being frustrating and Flynn was much better and very unselfish to give Higgins is second goal.

Was impressed by Oliver, I havent been a fan of him as he's looked too nervous and panicky at times but him and smith won nearly everything in the air, however as we know the defence is a shambles.

For Cowdenbeath I feel sorry we all know back to back relegations are hard to bounce from. You look a very poor side, going forward they looked pretty good but they have no midfield and the defence is unbelievably bad. Long season for them

Anyway 8 goals, 3 points and a week's break for some small injuries to heal and onto the next game! Mon the bullywee

Funny game yesterday I did enjoy it well if you don't enjoy seeing your team score 5 what's the point in going to football
The defence is shakey (to say the least ) is that down to the way we play ? our midfield is very attack minded and there does seem big gaps between the the midfield and defence , that said we simply are not picking players up when teams break against us , seem to be ball watching thought we dealt with cross balls better yesterday , agree with most we need a good experienced centre half /organiser, midfield do have to track back more thought Easton again was a standout and he did track back as well Linton looked to be getting back to some form and Flynn did brilliant at the fourth goal thought the best striking display all season well.done Higgins
Goalkeeper mmmm he is losing goals from a long distance out thought he should have saved the second goal (Annan last week) but second half he had a couple of good saves not a favourite of mine I just think he has a cheap goal in him every so often but can't really be too critical so far this season

This is probably the best clyde team to watch in years if we can tighten up.at the back then we should be near the top come may

Away from home we're banging goals in, yet still losing. We can't climb up the table if we keep leaking cheap goals. It was so frustrating to watch yesterday. There are some decent players in this side, but they're being let down by kamikaze defending. My understanding is that this problem is being addressed as we speak - but it has to happen soon.

We seem to be getting worse. It is going to take more than a couple of players to sort things out. Our marking of opposition players is terrible, particularly our full backs.
I really feel for McGurn, he isn't getting much support too many crosses into the box. How many goals have we lost this way? It's not rocket science.
I really cannot see us winning a game unless there are major changes. Depressing.

I think Gibson has improved quite a bit since last year, folk will always get onto him no matter what he does. Won't help the guys confidence with some of the shouts I heard yesterday. 

Glad we have a free week next week to work on our defensive shape which was non existent. 

Didnt know whether to put my head in my hands or laugh when gormley put that in yesterday, unbelievable.

On 8/23/2016 at 19:28, Cowden loyal brethern said:

Hopefully a away win sloppy defending but mcgurn to the rescue !! Trenton to score and a cracking Mullen free kick!!!!  Will be tough game hopefully Cowden win start climbing the table!!!!!!! Mom the beath

McGurn lost too many goals inside his 6 yard box to be classed as decent.

21 hours ago, CowdenConvert said:

2 stopped on the line, hit the post, Turner misses a sitter and we still score 3 away from home again.

wasted again as we have two centre-halfs playing that have no pace, win f**k all in the air and generally can't defend.  We urgently need some pace at centre-half and preferably someone that can organise as well.

1 penalty and 1 o/g isnae exactly something tae brag aboot.

Lowland Div  for the Blue Brazil (take it that's nuts we're referring tae).

Really liking the gold numbers and lettering on the Cowdenbeath shirts! Smart as f**k. Just a shame neither defense in that game matched up to it :lol:

sure Craig Sives used to play for the manky mob years ago? On loan from Hearts rings a bell. 

It will no be as smart as our new home top :)

1st goal why is Ross giving away the foul in first place. Criminal, stand up and jockey him. Would get a bollocking at armatures for giving away that free kick.Then he is outmuscled too easily for the header to score.

3rd goal oh my god we can't even head away a poor throw in to nobody.  2 of ours there and nobody from Clyde.

4th goal shows nobody reads the situation and nobody has pace. Said last season Sives looks like he's injured when he plays and stand by that now.

5th a carbon copy of 1st with Ross again brushed aside. To be fair to him, pathetic help from team mate with red boots (Miller?) who isn't marking and can't cut out cross.

2 centre halfs not physical enough , fast enough or strong enough. Don't read the game or work as a pairing, just drift about the back line doing there own thing. No help from midfield either.

1 hour ago, David W said:

Flynn after the penalty award :lol:

Hated him when he played against us for Annan but his attitude for the team is fantastic. Wasn't at the game yesterday but his run and desire to get the ball for the 4th goal was brilliant to see.

13 hours ago, big al said:

1st goal why is Ross giving away the foul in first place. Criminal, stand up and jockey him. Would get a bollocking at armatures for giving away that free kick.Then he is outmuscled too easily for the header to score.

3rd goal oh my god we can't even head away a poor throw in to nobody.  2 of ours there and nobody from Clyde.

4th goal shows nobody reads the situation and nobody has pace. Said last season Sives looks like he's injured when he plays and stand by that now.

5th a carbon copy of 1st with Ross again brushed aside. To be fair to him, pathetic help from team mate with red boots (Miller?) who isn't marking and can't cut out cross.

2 centre halfs not physical enough , fast enough or strong enough. Don't read the game or work as a pairing, just drift about the back line doing there own thing. No help from midfield either.

In fairness Greg Ross isn't a centre half.  If we could just work on not conceding goals from set pieces in every match then we'll improve.  I said after the Dunfermline game that one of the key things in being a part time team is being organised at set pieces and we're just a shambles at it. Saturdays first and last goals prove this. Sives own goal is just an absolute joke and probably sums up our defending this season so far - making mistakes when under no pressure.

Fair do's to Clyde though - that 4th goal is very well worked. Excellent highlights package as well.  Really wish Cowden had a volunteer to do something similar!

Archived