Kilmarnock vs Rangers Friday 26th

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little doubt this is a game that Rangers must take 3pts however Kilmarnock I feel have a difficult season ahead and therefore will also be looking to take pts. Rangers I hope will play Garner. With the Celtic match after Friday only a friendly away Warburton must get him in if he's going to start v Celtic. The midfield didn't complement each other last Saturday. McKay should start to drive far far more at defences. Just as Forrest and Sinclair do for Celtic. I like Forrester. He links from midfield, beats players, assists and can score goals. Rangers aren't near getting a settled side together that is part of the problem. 

Rangers will probably go with McKay, Miller and Dodoo up front and bring Garner on in the 2nd half. Not sure if Waggy is back but surely it's highly unlikely his first game back would be on the Rugby Park surface.

2-0 Rangers.

40 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Rangers will probably go with McKay, Miller and Dodoo up front and bring Garner on in the 2nd half. Not sure if Waggy is back but surely it's highly unlikely his first game back would be on the Rugby Park surface.

2-0 Rangers.

What makes you think Dodoo will start he hasn't yet? I agree whether Waghorn is fit or not after his previous injury at Kilmarnock, he probably won't start. Nah I think as Rangers have huffed and puffed and only scored 5 with a plus two in the first three matches, Garner will start through the middle with possibly Miller. Yes nearly two up front tho Miller will do his usual roaming. Miller has done well however I would like Forrester to play Miller's role. That could be the substition. 

11 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Other than the 1st half up in Dundee, we've huffed and puffed our way through games so far.  Central defence still looks ropey and we've no cutting edge up front.  Can't see there being more than a goal in this either way.

Ish.  Motherwell were flattered by Saturday's score and they're a better outfit than Killy.

28 minutes ago, Myview said:

What makes you think Dodoo will start he hasn't yet? 

It's difficult to guess as Rangers have so many forward players now. Miller, McKay, Waghorn, Forrester, Dodoo, Garner, O'Halloran. All of them apart from Garner have played in the front three so far including the League Cup games.

1 minute ago, thepundit said:

It's difficult to guess as Rangers have so many forward players now. Miller, McKay, Waghorn, Forrester, Dodoo, Garner, O'Halloran. All of them apart from Garner have played in the front three so far including the League Cup games.

Agree, it is difficult. He may even play Dodoo and Garner. I can't ever see him starting OHalloran. Got to agree. Very pacey but no tricks and runs in straight lines and not a natural finisher however a good impact player after 60 mins. As said before I'm a Forrester fan! He will always play McKay and I do like him as he is a good finisher and has an excellent short and long pass however I want to see him run at defenders much more instead of stopping the ball and playing a pass. 

21 hours ago, Myview said:

He will always play McKay and I do like him as he is a good finisher and has an excellent short and long pass however I want to see him run at defenders much more instead of stopping the ball and playing a pass. 

That part of Barrie's game is annoying.  He has the pace to skin players but doesn't do it often enough.

Hope to see Garner tomorrow...a signing I'm excited about.

Our defence is going to be a real mish mash for this game. Boyle and Burn in the centre fills me with the fear. I reckon we'll see Smith and Hendrie as fullbacks. That's going to need three central midfielders in front of it; so we'll be back to one up top. 

We know our forwards aren't good enough for that so I predict we'll be shite

1 hour ago, whiskychimp said:

Our defence is going to be a real mish mash for this game. Boyle and Burn in the centre fills me with the fear. I reckon we'll see Smith and Hendrie as fullbacks. That's going to need three central midfielders in front of it; so we'll be back to one up top. 

We know our forwards aren't good enough for that so I predict we'll be shite

I think we'll go 4-1-4-1. Dicker sitting just in front of the central pair for cover. Jones and Green wide. Boydie up top as the only player who can hold the ball up.

6 minutes ago, killienick said:

I think we'll go 4-1-4-1. Dicker sitting just in front of the central pair for cover. Jones and Green wide. Boydie up top as the only player who can hold the ball up.

Kris Boyd? :lol:

FFS this will be like taking sweeties aff a wean.

Archived