ICT v St Johnstone

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Just in case Mr Brown is as yet unaware, we are desperately needing another attacking option, give him the money needed.. Surely we have made loads the past three seasons!

But the money surely was available - and more than last year. Over the past year Tommy's spent his budget in some creative ways. The extra year for Mackay was an eye-opening starter, the contract extension for Craig a sign of sentimentality taking over judgement. What I'd imagine to be expensive imports like Paton and Foster are strange for two reasons: first, neither are very good; second, we're not weak in those areas. Throw in the signings of two players - Watson and Coulson - both of whom are reportedly injury-prone and tie those to an aversion to playing any home-grown player and if I was in Steve Brown's shoes I'd hesitate to put any more money Tommy's way. He's been pissing it up the wall for some time now.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah TW gets a horrendously easy ride for whats a fairly poor transfer record. For the O'Hallorans and Shaughnessys theres a raft of strange ones. As brutal as it would be, theres an argument Dave Mackay should've been moved into the coaching staff months ago, while I agree with there being no reason for Liam to be kept on, he came onto a game when the contracts were being handed out, but theres no way he outperformed Lappin who was, rightly, released. 

The signing of Coulson is odd aswell, similar to the Sutton deal last season really, where hes been signed despite it looking like he doesnt fit into our system at all.

I'll no doubt get slaughtered for it on here and on WAP, again, but Ive no sympathy for TW over this.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah TW gets a horrendously easy ride for whats a fairly poor transfer record. For the O'Hallorans and Shaughnessys theres a raft of strange ones. As brutal as it would be, theres an argument Dave Mackay should've been moved into the coaching staff months ago, while I agree with there being no reason for Liam to be kept on, he came onto a game when the contracts were being handed out, but theres no way he outperformed Lappin who was, rightly, released. 

The signing of Coulson is odd aswell, similar to the Sutton deal last season really, where hes been signed despite it looking like he doesnt fit into our system at all.

I'll no doubt get slaughtered for it on here and on WAP, again, but Ive no sympathy for TW over this.

How can you make any judgment on Coulson?

Just now, The Saintee said:

How can you make any judgment on Coulson?

Its based entirely on what York fans said about him, and from what I've seen of him (Falkirk, Brechin, Stirling games). He just doesnt look comfortable on the wings of a four man midfield, and against Brechin he played more central/up front, and despite working hard, looked like a wide player shoved out of position.

I still think he has something, hes fast, strong and can hit the ball well, but I'm not convinced he's going to fit in the 4-4-2 we play.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its based entirely on what York fans said about him, and from what I've seen of him (Falkirk, Brechin, Stirling games). He just doesnt look comfortable on the wings of a four man midfield, and against Brechin he played more central/up front, and despite working hard, looked like a wide player shoved out of position.

I still think he has something, hes fast, strong and can hit the ball well, but I'm not convinced he's going to fit in the 4-4-2 we play.

What have the York fans said?

What have the York fans said?

That he's best being played in an advanced left position where he doesn't need to defend and where he can cut in onto his right foot, as he doesn't have the pace to get up and down the park or to beat full backs.

Pretty Swanson-y tbh, who I'm still not convinced should be played on either wing in a midfield four either

Archived