ICT v St Johnstone

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heading up for this.  Never usually too entertaining a game between the two sides, but who knows...

Hopefully see Anderson fit again and a return to two up front.  We've created quite a few chances in our matches so far, but that's not normally the case at Inverness so should be a big test for us, regardless of their poor start.

Inverness fans:- see when your club built the new ground, was there ever a plan to build a stand along the dual carriageway side, as there seems to be plenty of space? I always think it strange that clubs build behind the goals before they build on both sides, as surely along the side is a much better view.  Seems to be the norm though as Hamilton and Falkirk have done the same..

21 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Inverness fans:- see when your club built the new ground, was there ever a plan to build a stand along the dual carriageway side, as there seems to be plenty of space? I always think it strange that clubs build behind the goals before they build on both sides, as surely along the side is a much better view.  Seems to be the norm though as Hamilton and Falkirk have done the same..

The Inverness - Lossiemouth gas pipeline runs along that part of the ground in the verges of the A9 so any kind of development on that side of the stadium is unlikely.

On 8/23/2016 at 11:37, LANG TOON SAINTIE said:

So it's only really your defence,midfield,and forward line that are a problem at the moment.Apart from that how are things looking 

And our goalkeeper.
He's bloody awful.

But apart from that all shiny like. :)

3 hours ago, RiG said:

The Inverness - Lossiemouth gas pipeline runs along that part of the ground in the verges of the A9 so any kind of development on that side of the stadium is unlikely.

Can't remember who said it, but I remember somewhere saying once that the cost of moving the pipes to build a new stand was so expensive, it'd be more worthwhile pulling the ground down and moving somewhere else.  There's been talk of building a proper stand on that side for years, so much so that rough plans were drawn for one years ago but was deemed unnecessary.  Can't see another stand being built there for long time, as we don't have the demand to justify it.  To be honest, I'd be surprised if it were happens at all.  I won't be surprised if we move somewhere else in the next few decades.

Dependant on availability I would start with this line up.Swanson looks best  when playing a free role behind the main striker.Spoony gives more creativity than Craig and can play left midfield 

Mannus

Foster Anderson Joe Easton 

Alston  Midge Muzz Spoony 

Swanson 

Macca 

Clark Comrie Wolf Paton Coulson or Craig  Zippy Kane. 

Rather see Kane or Cummins up front in that formation. Think Celtic game showed up Macleans lack of mobility meaning we struggled to get out.

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Can't remember who said it, but I remember somewhere saying once that the cost of moving the pipes to build a new stand was so expensive, it'd be more worthwhile pulling the ground down and moving somewhere else.  There's been talk of building a proper stand on that side for years, so much so that rough plans were drawn for one years ago but was deemed unnecessary.  Can't see another stand being built there for long time, as we don't have the demand to justify it.  To be honest, I'd be surprised if it were happens at all.  I won't be surprised if we move somewhere else in the next few decades.

The wheels on your house go round and round...:whistle

15 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

Rather see Kane or Cummins up front in that formation. Think Celtic game showed up Macleans lack of mobility meaning we struggled to get out.

I kinda see where are coming from.The reason that I chose Macca was because he gets more goals as the main striker rather than playing just behind one.

On 25/08/2016 at 10:04, shootingboots said:

The question on everyone's lips is who will have the bigger crowd? ICT or Hamilton? I'm going for Inverness. 

I must be getting whooshed because I can think of absolutely no one who could care about this other than the kind of sad case who likes a wee crowdwank.

Anyway, worth reminding Saint Johnstone fans that you need to buy a ticket before going through the turnstile for this as we don't do cash gates anymore.

http://ictfc.com/news/club-news/1795-ticketing-match-entry

Going to this. Hopefully this is just us slow starting and getting our bad form out of the way early, we used to have a history of doing this, new manager and all that. Butcher's first few games in charge when we were in the 1st Division were a worry and we rode our luck at times in some of these games but then we improved drastically as the season progressed to finish in our natural place above Dundee and win the league title. The first few games when Yogi was in charge was torture, having to change from a more physical direct and pacey style to a very narrow negative possession or death style, like going from trying to dominate midfield to being almost timid. Takes time and there's enough quality and belief in the management there to adapt and do much better than what has happened so far this season.

Warren and Meekings need to get used to working together again, takes time hopefully not to long. They were the best central defence pairing in the league during our Cup winning season.

I'd be happy just now with a point, but the performance has to improve.

Archived