ICT v St Johnstone

A true clash of the Titans!

Caley look right out of form at the moment but always make life difficult for Saints.

Will Caley have some new players in?

Will Saints be reinforced by an exotic foreign striker?

Will Amy Macdonald go?

Is the Wolf still hungry?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We simply must return to two up front for this. Tansey usually rips us apart as we allow him all the time and space in the world to pick passes out, so stopping that would be nice.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We simply must return to two up front for this. Tansey usually rips us apart as we allow him all the time and space in the world to pick passes out, so stopping that would be nice.

Wasn't too much of an issue last season as I recall.

Wasn't too much of an issue last season as I recall.

I can't remember tbh, it just sticks in my mind as a problem against them, especially in Inverness

Last years win was the ultimate smash and grab. Was one of the best finishes to a saints match I've seen given it was at our away end as well. I'll be heading through on Saturday, usually would settle for a point in Inverness but feel we should be going for all 3 just now.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He'll need to improve dramatically if he's going to do that again on Saturday. He's been absolutely abysmal so far this season.

Tansey has been poor since the end of January after the Aberdeen transfer drama.A number of players playing well below what they are capable of right now. We look like a newly promoted side struggling to adapt to the higher standard of football. Can't see anything but a Saints win as things stand. Would love to be proved wrong.

Does he f**k. You're chatting shite once again.

Anderson and Millar hopefully back for this for us, which would be a big boost. Need to ensure we don't let one bad result on Saturday become two or three, as happened last season when we came off the back of a good run ended by Celtic.

Always a hard game for Saints in Inverness and traditionally very low scoring, whatever the venue. Under 2.5 goals in 19 of 22 top flight meetings. In last dozen games in Inverness, Saints have only scored 6 goals (dating back 13 years) and never more than once in a match.

As above, Tansey has been shite.  If we had anyone to come in I wouldn't be averse to him getting dropped but we don't.

I wouldn't mind Fisher coming in, he's more physical and has done better than Boden when he's replaced him.   Billy King should come back in, could see Polworth moving inside and Vigurs dropping out.  Really though, we need to improve our defensive organisation or chopping personnel makes no difference

Dependant on availability I would start with this line up.Swanson looks best  when playing a free role behind the main striker.Spoony gives more creativity than Craig and can play left midfield 

Mannus

Foster Anderson Joe Easton 

Alston  Midge Muzz Spoony 

Swanson 

Macca 

Clark Comrie Wolf Paton Coulson or Craig  Zippy Kane. 

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Really though, we need to improve our defensive organisation or chopping personnel makes no difference.

Surprised at that. Surely Raven, Meekings, Warren and Tremarco have played together enough to make it not matter who is in charge? They have been a good defensive unit for a few seasons now.

You'd have thought.  We played McNaughton as centre-back until Saturday and it didn't work that well but obviously Meekings coming back didn't really improve  Warren has been really poor as well and Raven has been sub-par. Hopefully they'll get back into the swing of things once they get a few games together.  The midfield isn't giving them much help and we don't have a lot going forward so the ball isn't 'sticking' either.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

You'd have thought.  We played McNaughton as centre-back until Saturday and it didn't work that well but obviously Meekings coming back didn't really improve  Warren has been really poor as well and Raven has been sub-par. Hopefully they'll get back into the swing of things once they get a few games together.  The midfield isn't giving them much help and we don't have a lot going forward so the ball isn't 'sticking' either.

Meekings didn't look fully fit against Hearts.

They all look like they've never played together before. The fourth or fifth goal that Hearts scored saw Meekings sitting several yards behind Warren who had stepped up to his marker to try and win the ball but when it was played through to Nicholson Meekings was playing him onside by sitting so deep. Just seems to be a complete lack of cohesion about the back line right now.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

So it's only really your defence,midfield,and forward line that are a problem at the moment.Apart from that how are things looking 

51 minutes ago, LANG TOON SAINTIE said:

So it's only really your defence,midfield,and forward line that are a problem at the moment.Apart from that how are things looking 

Off the field things are going swimmingly. The addition of the 'Pride of the Highlands' slogan to the strip has caused some supporters such apoplexy that they're calling for a boycott. It's very naff, but I couldn't really give a f**k one way or the other, except that with every passing result it looks more and more like the club is trolling itself. 

Archived