All this Celtic were there for the taking chat makes out that we were some sort of world beaters. We still weren't as good as them.

Even if Celtic were poor by their standards, they were still head and shoulders above the rest of the league, even with Deila in charge. 

I see comments regularly that we bottled it etc. We were the second best team and closest to them yes, but I don't think last season constituted a bottling. We finished where we should have going by the team/squad we had. 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, shootingboots said:

All this Celtic were there for the taking chat makes out that we were some sort of world beaters. We still weren't as good as them.

Even if Celtic were poor by their standards, they were still head and shoulders above the rest of the league, even with Deila in charge. 

I see comments regularly that we bottled it etc. We were the second best team and closest to them yes, but I don't think last season constituted a bottling. We finished where we should have going by the team/squad we had. 

Agreed.

The team should have been applauded for achieving the consistency of results that they did over the last 2 seasons.  We are only marginally better than the majority of teams in the league, therefore we probably should have dropped more points than we did.  Celtic, even last year, were significantly better than the majority of the league.  

It was difficult in the stands hearing the abuse the team got when we weren't great or the accusations of 'bottling our best chance'.  They deserved gratitude for even letting us believe that it was possible to win the league.

1 minute ago, shootingboots said:

Correct, losing the best keeper in the country and the 2nd top goal scorer at the start of the run in, doesn't count as bottling it. 

Anyhoo, new season, new faces, sure septik have strengthened but so have we and Janko, Broon, Ambrose & Forrest are still fucking dogshit. We'll score at the weekend.

4 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

First ever trip to Celtic Park for an away league game, only been done for the League Cup final.  What pubs does our support tend to go to for these games?

There's not really an away pub per se. I usually just head to a London Road pub like the Springfield Vaults. Usually a few in there. 

Agreed.

The team should have been applauded for achieving the consistency of results that they did over the last 2 seasons.  We are only marginally better than the majority of teams in the league, therefore we probably should have dropped more points than we did.  Celtic, even last year, were significantly better than the majority of the league.

It was difficult in the stands hearing the abuse the team got when we weren't great or the accusations of 'bottling our best chance'.  They deserved gratitude for even letting us believe that it was possible to win the league.

If we take away the head to heads between us and Celtic, we went backwards last season.

In 14/15 Celtic beat us 4 times but we got 75 points out of 102 against the rest. That was an incredible record.

In 15/16 we beat Celtic twice but we dropped 10 more points against the other 10 teams compared to the season before.

In both seasons, Celtic managed 80 points. Last season we had 2 runs of games where we lost 4/5 and 6/8. We may have managed to beat Celtic twice but those runs against the teams we beat week in, week out the season before are what really cost us.

3 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

There's not really an away pub per se. I usually just head to a London Road pub like the Springfield Vaults. Usually a few in there. 

f**k that. If you're getting the train, drink near George square then get a taxi. As far as a Dandy is concerned anything on the map past the Trongate has "ere be monsters" written beside it. Grim.

1 hour ago, Karl Fletcher said:

This is essentially where I am as well 

Celtic were there for the taking last season and we stumbled badly towards the end, they look a much stronger and effective team this time around 

If we do pull it off I'll be the happiest Dandy on here. FACT.

Watching them time waste/park the bus against that beer team in midweek gave the impression that they're not as formidable as they'd have you believe.

28 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

First ever trip to Celtic Park for an away league game, only been down for the League Cup final.  What pubs does our support tend to go to for these games?

forget the poison          go try enjoy the game

3 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

f**k that. If you're getting the train, drink near George square then get a taxi. As far as a Dandy is concerned anything on the map past the Trongate has "ere be monsters" written beside it. Grim.

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

Don't go into any pub near Celtic Park, they're all utter shiteholes.

For the League Cup final we went to the first pub we found when we got out of our minibus at Celtic Park.  I'm sure it was called Turnstiles and it was a complete dump.  That other bar looks even worse judging from what it looks like on Streetview.

Think I'll take the Counting House option then.  Staying in Bishopbriggs on Friday night so will likely be taking the train into Queen Street.

7 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

For the League Cup final we went to the first pub we found when we got out of our minibus at Celtic Park.  I'm sure it was called Turnstiles and it was a complete dump.  That other bar looks even worse judging from what it looks like on Streetview.

Think I'll take the Counting House option then.  Staying in Bishopbriggs on Friday night so will likely be taking the train into Queen Street.

If you're going to Queen Street there are better pubs around than the Counting House. Dow's just outside the entrance is decent.

5 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

St Johnstone beat us more than they should.

We've beaten Ross County five times out of seven.

We were shafted by the ref twice against ICT last season. Won 4/4 the season before.

Hearts beat us 3 times last season, we beat them twice. One of the defeats was a end of season dead rubber.

Tommy Wright is the only manager that you could claim consistently gets the better of us.

As much as you hate to admit it that's sh*te.

Tommy Wright has 4 wins out of 13 against McInnes. 31%

Robbie Neilson has 3 wins out 6 against McInnes. 50%

Anyway good luck Aberdeen, you'll need it.

Indeed. Where are all the home fans?

:lol: This wee love-fest between yourself & Rugster is pretty nauseating. Get a room FFS.

P.S when you can fill your pokey wee shoebox then we'll listen to your criticisms on attendances :lol:

Archived