We haven't got started yet this season. The team looks short of confidence to me.

Fearing this one big time as Celtic looked very impressive v Hapoel and St Johnstone.

If we concede early it could be a scoreline similar to when we had Uncle Ebbe in charge.

Bit dramatic.

Missing a spark and cohesion up front for sure, but the defence (inc keeper) seem to have stepped it up so far, as has Jack - if fit this is the kind of game he should relish.

Need to properly manage this game. Keep it tight and slow them down early on, grow into the game, get that defence tested on the break and take our chances. That's the tried and formula for getting a result there.

It's a pity we haven't quite found the right formula up front before this game has come around - as much as I rate Rooney, Stockley having the ball into feet with the runners off him doing their job would work quite well at Parkhead. I'd probably just go with a similar set up to last season (Rooney).

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Far too much negativity from Aberdeen fans at the moment and we are only 3 games in with playing 2 teams that finished 3rd and 4th in the league. I think squad has improved in every position apart from Midfield but we are stronger this season with a lot more options upfront to change the way we play. I think the St Johnstone and Hearts game was a result of our european games although was disappointed with Partick Thistle performance but we still managed to get 3 points. 

Think this is a good time to play Celtic who have a long trip to Israel although it is a shame the game isn't on Wednesday but I would like to think they will be a bit tired like we was in the European games although we played a few days later. Hope Jack is back for this game as we really missed him against Partick Thistle along with Jonny Hayes. 

Can't believe this game isn't on TV as it is the top two teams last season but Sky sports are going back to showing no games at Parkhead/Ibrox unless it is Rangers vs Celtic again.  

celtic are coming back from the biggest game of the season,with the top 4 teams all playing each other the table isn't a true reflection yet,every team will drop points through out the season,celtic priority is Europe up until Christmas,Aberdeen dropped points coming back from Europe against st johnstone so it's possible celtic will in the future,any game leading up to or after a european fixture is going to test our squad,when all teams have played home and away fixtures that's when you can look at the league and get a true reflection of where your team will end up.

I've got my ticket for this game and will be travelling down. It's a pretty unpleasant day out in my experience and we nearly always lose. However, if the Dons do manage a win, I want to be there to see it.

The seethe from the Celtic fans after the two beatings they got at Pittodrie was a real highlight of last season. The sand throwing was a chuckle. 

Slightly worrying that McInnes subbed Taylor in and moved O'Connor forward. Could mean he's thinking of playing that on Saturday.

We'll lose goals anyway but with Taylor having a brain fart start to the season, we could be 2 down already.

Luckily, the Cellic defence seem to be letting easy goals in as well. So 0-0 it is.

Got a ticket for this but heading down expecting us to take a doing. Not great start to the season from the Dons and the unwashed seem to be flying if a little fragile at back. Hopefully DM keeps Taylor on the bench and sticks with Reynolds and OConnor at the back. Would like us to stick with Storey and Rooney up front to try and build up a partnership but can see us reverting to 1 up.

mcinnes hasn’t repaired our weak positions , has he ?

Yes, he has.

Keeper
Improvement at centre half
Got more out of Jack and have a balanced midfield (with hopefully another midfielder to come before next week)
Options up front rather than over reliance on Rooney
A plan B

All for folk moaning when justified but a lot of the whinging I've heard and read is nonsensical.

Archived