Motherwell vs Dundee FC

Heading through for this one, first game of the season so interested to see how we look upfront without Gorgeous Greg and Kane (sorry to remind everyone :unsure2:). Even more interested in seeing how big Mark O'Yaya gets on in this box-to-box role he's been given. What's the prices looking at for this? Where's good to booze before? Bringing my girlfriend and every time I've been to Fir Park before I've went with my Motherwell supporting Granddad so not been for a pre-match bev, the old bugger is a bit poorly these days unfortunately though...

£23 adults,jd is decent pre-match for a pint,food,footy on TV etc.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not feeling confident about this one and a loss here even at such an early stage would put a huge dampner on our season.

If we want to be away from the bottom of the table scrap this season then we really need to be beating teams like Dundee at home but unfortunately I can't see past a draw at best here.

8 hours ago, MikeyWellFan said:

Not feeling confident about this one and a loss here even at such an early stage would put a huge dampner on our season.

If we want to be away from the bottom of the table scrap this season then we really need to be beating teams like Dundee at home but unfortunately I can't see past a draw at best here.

Teams like Dundee?

We're not your diddy shite like Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Dundee United.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Teams like Dundee?

We're not your diddy shite like Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Dundee United.

Thank you.

Ill put it this way we are both similar sorts of teams (mid table) and well have sustained life in the prem longer and at our place yes we should be looking for 3 points. Same as when we are up there you should be looking for 3 points

in saying that we are in a bad vein of form so would be happy with a point personally

To be honest I think both sets of fans feel the same, certainly at home.

I think Motherwell are slight favourites but the result could be almost anything.

Mind that cup game when we got ragdolled by Motherwell? All because MattyDFC cleared the pitch of snow at 3am or some nonsense to ensure the game went ahead. I think during the match Leigh Griffiths was caught offside about 49 times and then sent off. Thank f**k those days are behind us.

On 8/23/2016 at 09:08, Thomohawk said:

The latest news is that we're in for Tom Hateley. Motherwell fans, any views?

My favourite memory of Tom Hateley was at an away game at Easter Road a couple of seasons back.

Collecting the ball in the right back position, Hateley proceeded to charge down the right wing full pelt. He must have travelled around 50 yards or so with the ball at break neck speed before he hammered the ball, right footed, perpendicular to him into row Z of the Easter Road Main Stand. Don't think I've ever really laughed at one of our players before until then.

Decent player otherwise though, was a solid right back in an excellent side.

Mind that cup game when we got ragdolled by Motherwell? All because MattyDFC cleared the pitch of snow at 3am or some nonsense to ensure the game went ahead. I think during the match Leigh Griffiths was caught offside about 49 times and then sent off. Thank f**k those days are behind us.

I've just about defrosted from watching that game. We were moved to the stand as the South enclosure was unsafe due to the ice.
The effort by the Dee's support to get the game on was in no way matched by our players who clearly fancied the day off.
Waste of time. Never again !

I've just about defrosted from watching that game. We were moved to the stand as the South enclosure was unsafe due to the ice.
The effort by the Dee's support to get the game on was in no way matched by our players who clearly fancied the day off.
Waste of time. Never again !

Not sure how true it is but it was in middle of our long unbeaten run and I heard that the players were told to not get injured. Would explain the extent of it.

16 hours ago, K.T said:

I remember being absolutely gutted about the snow the day before because if the game had been postponed I would have missed the rescheduled date. 

It's amazing how feelings can change in a few short hours...

Archived