Pars vs. Doonhamers

Lyle's movement and reactions in the box have left a lot better defenders than Ben Richards-Everton looking silly to be fair. It's great cross from Hamill but Dowie gets it far, far too easy on the header back across goal too.

I'm not at all convinced on that angle about this "stonewall" penalty either. Looks an outstanding goal saving tackle by Tapping for me but I guess we all see what we want to see.  A camera angle from the other side would be telling but presumably there isn't one?

The Talbot red card doesn't look quite as awful from that side as it did from the other side but it's still over the top and a clear red. Which pretty much nobody has disputed to be fair.

From the main stand, it seemed clear that the ball hit Spence around the thigh, then the defender went through him. However, regardless of that, the defender leaped in from behind, two feet off the deck. Straight red card anywhere on the pitch, just like Talbot's.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMG_1472389948.973613.jpgSeriously, how can this challenge not be considered dangerous? Two footed challenge from behind is a straight red card, no? Queens fans, let's stop focussing on the 'not clear if he got the ball' aspect, and focus on the actual challenge. Even if you win the ball, a two footed challenge like this is a blatant foul in the modern game. [attachment=137022:IMG_1472389948.973613.jpg

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Seriously, how can this challenge not be considered dangerous? Two footed challenge from behind is a straight red card, no? Queens fans, let's stop focussing on the 'not clear if he got the ball' aspect, and focus on the actual challenge. Even if you win the ball, a two footed challenge like this is a blatant foul in the modern game. [attachment=137022:IMG_1472389948.973613.jpg

Dealing well with the defeat I see ;)

Er, maybe because Talbot jumped into Jacobs with both feet and Tapping didnt. The two arent remotely comparable.

Having watched it again, theres definitely a good shout for a penalty. It doesnt look like the "stonewaller" some have claimed. The only question mark, that the highlights dont show, is whether Tapping gets anything on the ball.

Small point but both Cardle and Hopkirk scored on the opening day.

13 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

From the main stand, it seemed clear that the ball hit Spence around the thigh, then the defender went through him. However, regardless of that, the defender leaped in from behind, two feet off the deck. Straight red card anywhere on the pitch, just like Talbot's.

9 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Seriously, how can this challenge not be considered dangerous? Two footed challenge from behind is a straight red card, no? Queens fans, let's stop focussing on the 'not clear if he got the ball' aspect, and focus on the actual challenge. Even if you win the ball, a two footed challenge like this is a blatant foul in the modern game. [attachment=137022:IMG_1472389948.973613.jpg

Not sure if serious. :unsure2:

If serious, not sure if has ever seen a game of professional football before. Attempts to compare Tapping's challenge to what Talbot did really are just making you look silly and undermining any claim you might have that you were wronged. It wasn't remotely "two footed".

Dealing well with the defeat I see [emoji6]

We deservedly got beat, as I mentioned before... If the rest of our play was anything to go by, the penalty would not have been on target. But that doesn't change the fact that this is a clear penalty. You can't deny that. Time and time again Charleston is put in charge of our matches and makes 'mistakes' that disadvantage us. This is a man with a Falkirk tattoo, and surely such an avid supporter of our rivals can't be impartial? I have also seen him on Tartan Army trips talking about his hatred of 'Fife Scum'. Surely who a referee supports, should be taken into consideration when appointing them to games? Can't be hard to find officials that don't support Dunfermline/Raith/Falkirk, I'd imagine a lot of them support bigger teams than us.

Referee is not to blame for yesterday's defeat. And he also got the red card decision 100% correct. No complaints from me in that respect. Not a single player we had out there was better than their opponent. We were genuinely fortunate that Queens made very little of the large amount of opportunities they had. But it's still frustrating to see this man repeatedly screw us over, and get away with it.

Not sure if serious. :unsure2:

If serious, not sure if has ever seen a game of professional football before. Attempts to compare Tapping's challenge to what Talbot did really are just making you look silly and undermining any claim you might have that you were wronged. It wasn't remotely "two footed".

Apologies, didn't go in with both feet, but certainly lunges in with both feet off the ground, like Talbot did. Which, again, is a foul anywhere on the pitch. However, I do accept that he was nowhere near as late as Talbot.

Time and time again Charleston is put in charge of our matches and makes 'mistakes' that disadvantage us. This is a man with a Falkirk tattoo, and surely such an avid supporter of our rivals can't be impartial? I have also seen him on Tartan Army trips talking about his hatred of 'Fife Scum'. Surely who a referee supports, should be taken into consideration when appointing them to games? Can't be hard to find officials that don't support Dunfermline/Raith/Falkirk, I'd imagine a lot of them support bigger teams than us.

But it's still frustrating to see this man repeatedly screw us over, and get away with it.

200w.gif

Reilly plays the cross with his weaker foot. Any striker at this level should be scoring with a free shot from 10 yards out. Theres nothing wrong with the pass

Reilly to his credit is comparatively two footed, Moffat isn't. I wouldn't expect every striker to be scoring every time on there weaker foot. It just wouldn't happen.

Are we just going to ignore the 2 QotS players who were in the way of any pass towards the six yard box? Are we also going to ignore the fact that Moffat did actually run onto this ball, before his back pass to their keeper? Or how about the fact that he had time to take a touch, if he wasn't comfortable on his left foot.... Don't think, in that situation, Reilly could have played a better ball to him. Any closer to the goal and one of the 2 defenders would intercept it. Moffat was at the edge of the box when the pass was made, and hit the ball about 12 yards out. That's certainly not been played behind him! At the end of the day, Moffat's a striker. He was signed (albeit, by a different manager initially) to be a goal scorer. He should at least make the keeper work. You put your laces through the ball in that area, you don't side foot it.

Genuine question have you ever played football before? Trying to hit a ball first time like that with your weaker foot is just going to end in tears.

Didn't get a good enough look for the penalty. Didn't look like one on first viewing though.

Telling surely that everyone in the Norrie / Left of the main is adamant it was a penalty? The ones with the best view?

Just now, Grant228 said:

Telling surely that everyone in the Norrie / Left of the main is adamant it was a penalty? The ones with the best view?

I was right in line with it in the NW and it was a stonewall penalty. He got nowhere near the ball. Charleston at his very best. 

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

After the Dumbarton game on the opening day, I thought we would score plenty of goals this season but struggle to keep them out at the other end. I did get one bit right anyway :(

Last six competitive games, we've won one and lost five, scoring six and conceding 15. That's not good enough. New striker and some much better performances after the International break please.

We desperately need someone who can actually do the job that Moff is supposed to be doing.

Still believe the defence will become a lot tighter once Murdoch is back, a keeper with good communication, who can command his area and, most importantly, the defense feel they can trust, makes a world of difference.

McCabe needs to be doing a lot more, he is clearly not capable enough defensively so he needs to be controlling games otherwise he is just a passenger and a bit of a liability.

I think Fordyce and Ashcroft might be our best defensive pairing, as much as I like Ben, I think they seem a lot more secure and assured.

1 minute ago, TheMessiah said:

We desperately need someone who can actually do the job that Moff is supposed to be doing.

Still believe the defence will become a lot tighter once Murdoch is back, a keeper with good communication, who can command his area and, most importantly, the defense feel they can trust, makes a world of difference.

McCabe needs to be doing a lot more, he is clearly not capable enough defensively so he needs to be controlling games otherwise he is just a passenger and a bit of a liability.

I think Fordyce and Ashcroft might be our best defensive pairing, as much as I like Ben, I think they seem a lot more secure and assured.

Fordyce is our best defender. He should be starting. I like Ashcroft, similar to Fordyce but he had a total mare yesterday. 

Hopefully Johnston will drop McCabe once Wedderburn is fully fit and play him in DM. Once Murdoch is back I think we'll be a lot tighter in defence. Hutton is so hopeless at commanding his box. 

Our biggest problem is up front. We have the players to cover the defence, it's just unfortunate they're injured. Up front we desperately need another striker. 5 goals scored so far and one of them was from a striker. It isn't good enough. 

Grant, yes I play football quite regularly. Wouldn't consider myself to be a great player at all. But I do know that ball was not played behind him, and the way his body was shaped, hitting it across the goal was never a good option. If he had gone for the front post, he could have generated more power. The fact he tried to side foot it across the goal, whilst moving towards the front post is mental. His body was angled towards the corner flag at the time, meaning that he had to take any power out of his shot, in his attempt to almost hit it behind himself. He genuinely doesn't seem to know how to hit a shot, or what his best option is whenever he has a chance to score. That's what concerns me most about Moffat. However, what's more concerning is that several other players are constantly making decisions just as poor as that, all over the park. Nobody seems to play with any confidence, and up until the last 10 minutes yesterday, we almost seemed to be accepting a 1-0 defeat.

Just now, DAFC. said:

Fordyce is our best defender. He should be starting. I like Ashcroft, similar to Fordyce but he had a total mare yesterday. 

Hopefully Johnston will drop McCabe once Wedderburn is fully fit and play him in DM. Once Murdoch is back I think we'll be a lot tighter in defence. Hutton is so hopeless at commanding his box. 

Our biggest problem is up front. We have the players to cover the defence, it's just unfortunate they're injured. Up front we desperately need another striker. 5 goals scored so far and one of them was from a striker. It isn't good enough. 

Exactly, as I said, someone who can actually do the job that Moffat is supposed to be doing who change the entire shape and outlook of our attack.

Hopefully there will be a behind the goal view of the penalty incident when our highlights go up. That angle is inconclusive though. And in fairness to the referee his angle on it is likely to look pretty inconclusive as well as he is behind the challenge.

It was never a red card challenge, he comes round the side of the player, it isn't serious foul play. And as he is making a genuine attempt to play the ball, under the new laws it would have been yellow, not red.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Fordyce is our best defender. He should be starting. I like Ashcroft, similar to Fordyce but he had a total mare 

I agree Fordyce is our best defender, but one or two people have said Ashcroft a bad game and I can't for the life of me see why folk would be saying that? Considering Queens only had 4 or 5 chances in the whole game (free kick, Lyle header, the goal, the McCabe pass to Dobbie and the shot referenced above) none of which were his fault yet Talbot was sent off, Ben lost his man at the goal and Williamson got into great positions only to not put in any decent balls you could argue Ashcroft wasthe only defender not to have a mare yesterday.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

IMG_1472389948.973613.jpgSeriously, how can this challenge not be considered dangerous? Two footed challenge from behind is a straight red card, no? Queens fans, let's stop focussing on the 'not clear if he got the ball' aspect, and focus on the actual challenge. Even if you win the ball, a two footed challenge like this is a blatant foul in the modern game. [attachment=137022:IMG_1472389948.973613.jpg

Thats a terrible angle to judge. The one on the higlights is far better. Its pretty clear, even from that picture, that the challenge is neither two footed or from behind.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Reilly to his credit is comparatively two footed, Moffat isn't. I wouldn't expect every striker to be scoring every time on there weaker foot. It just wouldn't happen.

Genuine question have you ever played football before? Trying to hit a ball first time like that with your weaker foot is just going to end in tears.

But its Reillys fault that Moffat cant hit the ball with his left foot ... from 10 yards out ... unchallenged?

"Everyone in the Norrie", or at least the ones who posted on here were adamant that he was wiped out two footed from behind. So, no.

29 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Hopefully there will be a behind the goal view of the penalty incident when our highlights go up. That angle is inconclusive though. And in fairness to the referee his angle on it is likely to look pretty inconclusive as well as he is behind the challenge.

It was never a red card challenge, he comes round the side of the player, it isn't serious foul play. And as he is making a genuine attempt to play the ball, under the new laws it would have been yellow, not red.

Im pretty sure our goal cameras would be up the other end. Dunfermline obviously had some at that end but didnt include footage of that incident in the highlights

Archived