Pars vs. Doonhamers

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While he was quiet he made a few decent runs first half. Maybe he just got fed up playing with such dross second half [emoji6]

The goal wasnt our only shot on target. 

Surprised you didn't manage to look more convincing against such dross. If he did it's pretty telling about his mentality. Which could be why despite being the only recognised striker he wasn't following in that shot.
Dobbie had a dipping shot late on that Hutton saved

Genuinely can't remember that, no mention of it on the match report either.

Dire stuff from us today - comfortably beaten by a side who didn't play especially well themselves but who were at least well organised in defence and who didn't make ridiculous mistakes every time they had the ball. Hard to even know where to start as so many of the team had absolute shockers. I thought we were a wee bit unlucky to lose last week, but we deserved nothing today.

I didn't see the tackle Talbot went off for - right behind the pillar and because I didn't see him coming, I hadn't shifted over to see it. Both penalty shouts looked strong, but the first looked absolutely blatant.

40 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It definitely happened, just as Mr X described - a low dipping shot from Dobbie late in the second half straight at the keeper that Hutton saved comfortably. Dobbie and Queens had an off day. Easily the worst performance I've seen from them so far this season, but a win was just about merited as Dunfermline were surprisingly poor. 

The defence did ok, with Marshall probably the stand out, but, as has been said above, Queens inexplicably panicked towards the end, kicking the ball anywhere when they had numerical advantage and could have passed their way out of trouble with a bit more composure. A late equaliser would not have been a surprise. It would have been not quite merited on the balance of the entire game, but it felt almost inevitable as injury time dragged on. 

Dykes, like a number of Queens players, wasn't having one of his better games, not much came off for him today, but he will be a big loss. Hope he's ok. Didn't look like any malice in the challenge. Just one of those things.

21 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Surprised you didn't manage to look more convincing against such dross. If he did it's pretty telling about his mentality. Which could be why despite being the only recognised striker he wasn't following in that shot.

So am I. It was a disappointing performance today but a pleasing result. Its a bit of a cliche but we'll play better than that but lose at some point.

Unless you have an eidetic memory, Im not sure how thats relevant. Definitely happened

17 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Me neither. I remember a couple of corners in the second half but they came from blocked crosses? I can't remember a corner given for a save though. 

Who said it went out for a corner? :unsure2:

As Frankie S said, it was pretty much straight at Hutton. 

straight at Hutton who held it easily enough.

Surprised at that.
Queens hit both posts with a free kick.

Scored.

Second half long shot saved by hutton.

Three on target plus a near miss by lyle with a diving header.

Hitting the post isn't a shot on target.

The way you said dipping shot to me suggested it was dipping from a height and tipped over. Can't remember your keeper making many saves either right enough, but as I said above I thought it was a poor game between two pretty poor teams and that some of the passing on display (particularly from us in the first half) was awful. 

Hopefully we get another forward or two in to try and make the most of the times we do get forward, that someone coaches Williamson in crossing the ball and for once this season get the rub of the refereeing green for a change. The next league game v Dundee Utd is already looking pretty big for both clubs. 

Both posts? As close as you can get maybe?

[emoji38]

It's close but it's still not on target.

I can't see us getting anything from Utd, a point for us as well as two points deducted from QoTS could be huge come the end of the season. Such a horrendous decision by the ref.

40 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It's close but it's still not on target.

I can't see us getting anything from Utd, a point for us as well as two points deducted from QoTS could be huge come the end of the season. Such a horrendous decision by the ref.

That assumes you scored the penalty of course.

Ok. Didn't want to post in the immediate aftermath. But it has to be said - we were terrible today. Even if we'd been given the blatant penalty on Spence, whoever took it probably would have ended up putting it out for a throw in - if the rest of our play was anything to go by. Not a single player out there got pass marks for me. Nothing Hutton could have done for the goal, but once again every set piece the opposition got, was played on top of his head. Why? Because the lad's super glued to his line and won't come and collect any crosses.

We need to improve big time. Defensively, we look to be a shambles. Our midfield just doesn't seem to function, without Geggan in form - and he's been woeful in the last couple of weeks. Week after week, we've made really basic errors. We gave them TWO free headers for their goal. That's inexcusable at any level. But there's just basic defensive errors every game right now. These were present last season too, but we got away with it. We should know by now, that we won't get away with them this year.

Going forward, Higginbotham has been poor last week and this week. Wants it all to be about him. Also has no interest in helping out defensively (something Cardle does a lot). He undoubtedly has talent, but his distribution was poor this week and last. Yet he kept insisting on trying to do everything himself. However, this could have been because of the lack of movement ahead of him/in the box. Moffat was very good last year, but he just doesn't cut it in this league. Nowhere near good enough. Meanwhile, Reilly makes runs, but the team just aren't in sync with him. Why did we bring him in, if the team aren't going to be looking for his runs or playing the ball to him on the deck?!

Queens weren't spectacular, but were very well organised. They certainly deserved their win. Second week in a row, that it's been clear the opposition have done research on us, and targeted our weaknesses whilst nullifying our threats. Ridiculously easy, when AJ genuinely has no Plan B!

Talbot - what a complete idiot. Needless to make any kind of challenge there. Never mind the one he did make. Given his shot to earn his place back, don't think he'll get another shot for a wee while.

Lastly, I hope the Queens winger isn't too badly injured. Looked a really sore one. Just one of these injuries in football. No malice in the challenge, and not a foul, but a very painful one. Looked like his ankle kind of hyper-extended, hope there's no serious damage.

AJ doesn't stand much of a chance of implementing a plan b when all he has to lean on is Sandy Clark. Very satisfying to have taken 3 points from that cock.

In addition to him we've so far beaten teams managed by Gus Macpherson, Neil Lennon, Ian McCall and Peter Houston this season. A real who's who of complete arseholes of Scottish football. Pleasing.

31 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Ok. Didn't want to post in the immediate aftermath. But it has to be said - we were terrible today. Even if we'd been given the blatant penalty on Spence, whoever took it probably would have ended up putting it out for a throw in - if the rest of our play was anything to go by. Not a single player out there got pass marks for me. Nothing Hutton could have done for the goal, but once again every set piece the opposition got, was played on top of his head. Why? Because the lad's super glued to his line and won't come and collect any crosses.

We need to improve big time. Defensively, we look to be a shambles. Our midfield just doesn't seem to function, without Geggan in form - and he's been woeful in the last couple of weeks. Week after week, we've made really basic errors. We gave them TWO free headers for their goal. That's inexcusable at any level. But there's just basic defensive errors every game right now. These were present last season too, but we got away with it. We should know by now, that we won't get away with them this year.

Going forward, Higginbotham has been poor last week and this week. Wants it all to be about him. Also has no interest in helping out defensively (something Cardle does a lot). He undoubtedly has talent, but his distribution was poor this week and last. Yet he kept insisting on trying to do everything himself. However, this could have been because of the lack of movement ahead of him/in the box. Moffat was very good last year, but he just doesn't cut it in this league. Nowhere near good enough. Meanwhile, Reilly makes runs, but the team just aren't in sync with him. Why did we bring him in, if the team aren't going to be looking for his runs or playing the ball to him on the deck?!

Queens weren't spectacular, but were very well organised. They certainly deserved their win. Second week in a row, that it's been clear the opposition have done research on us, and targeted our weaknesses whilst nullifying our threats. Ridiculously easy, when AJ genuinely has no Plan B!

Talbot - what a complete idiot. Needless to make any kind of challenge there. Never mind the one he did make. Given his shot to earn his place back, don't think he'll get another shot for a wee while.

Lastly, I hope the Queens winger isn't too badly injured. Looked a really sore one. Just one of these injuries in football. No malice in the challenge, and not a foul, but a very painful one. Looked like his ankle kind of hyper-extended, hope there's no serious damage.

Good review, I agree about Reilly. Why on earth are we playing long balls up to him?

All the football has gone out the window. We just hoof balls to anyone and moff and Gavin are expected to work miracles against accomplished players like Dowie and the massive guy raith had last week.

absolutely stupid moronic tactics. AJ seriously wtf are you doing?

Archived