Trapdoorwatch 2016-17

You won't be able to continue to pay the wages of your current squad. It all depends on who you'll get in. Looking forward to having a derby again next season.

Hopefully most of this current squad will be booted, absolute shower of shite.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

You won't be able to continue to pay the wages of your current squad. It all depends on who you'll get in. Looking forward to having a derby again next season.

Don`t write us off just yet, plenty of games still to play. Its nice to know that the Shire miss playing us, maybe one of these days soon. :)

19 hours ago, big al said:

Bit early for the relegation talk at Stirling. 

We are only 2 points above so there's a decent chance our full pelt fall down the leagues may continue.

Anyone of the bottom 6 can end up there, depends who signs who in the transfer window.

Waaaaay too early to be calling this one with any certainty, still three weeks to the window FFS. 

(Preferred scenario would be a winner-takes-all final day shootout at Shielfield with the home side bottling it and falling into the abyss, though)

Waaaaay too early to be calling this one with any certainty, still three weeks to the window FFS. 
(Preferred scenario would be a winner-takes-all final day shootout at Shielfield with the home side bottling it and falling into the abyss, though)

Not a chance we'd lose, Blair Henderson would shit himself and miss in spectacular style.

No doubt the other clubs in the mix would disagree, but it's good to see Edinburgh City step up to the plate after a very difficult opening quarter.

Particularly as it gets it up the Junior bumpins, who are still seething at the apparent 'joke' competition taking place in the Lowland League. As it stands though, you'd put decent money on East Kilbride following them up into the national level.

No doubt the other clubs in the mix would disagree, but it's good to see Edinburgh City step up to the plate after a very difficult opening quarter.

I honestly don't think they would disagree in truth. Although they/we obviously don't want to be there, those were the clubs that voted unanimously (along with The Shire) to introduce a pyramid structure, so in some ways it justified the decision that there are clubs out with the league with things to offer.......wether University teams and the likes of BSC Glasgow have, I'm not sure, but there are a fair few with bright futures and I think most people would like to see Edinburgh City doing well.

Particularly as it gets it up the Junior bumpins, who are still seething at the apparent 'joke' competition taking place in the Lowland League. As it stands though, you'd put decent money on East Kilbride following them up into the national level.
I also think it would be good for the league for Edinburgh to survive, for to many years there was no punishment for failure, far to many clubs took league status for granted, the Junior angle for me is the interesting one, I just wonder if one will ever take the plunge, I believe whenever one does there could be more, if that is the case we could really see a shake up of our game

"Good King Wenceslas looked at / looming relegation..."

Christmas is near - indeed LL now embarks on a brief Christmas break.

Little cheer in SPFL2.

Latest standings:

SPFL2 (36 games)

5    Annan          P16 W5 D4 L7   -5    19pts

6    Montrose       P16 W5 D4 L7   -9    19pts

7    Edinburgh C    P17 W4 D6 L7   -5    18pts

8    Berwick        P16 W4 D6 L6   -7    18pts

Stirling Al    P16 W4 D5 L7   -9    17pts

----------------------------------------------

10   Cowdenbeath    P16 W4 D4 L8   -7    16pts

Highland League (34 games)

1    Brora          P22 W17 D2 L3 +58    53pts

2    Buckie         P20 W16 D2 L2 +61    50pts

3    Cove           P19 W15 D3 L1 +45    48pts

4    Formartine     P20 W14 D2 L4 +27    44pts

5    Fraserburgh    P21 W10 D5 L6  +5    35pts

6    Wick           P18 W10 D4 L4 +24    34pts

Lowland League (30 games)

1    East Kilbr.    P17 W16 D0 L1 +45    48pts

2    East Stirl.    P17 W12 D2 L3 +40    38pts
3    Spartans       P17 W11 D2 L4 +29    35pts
4    Dalbeattie     P19 W10 D3 L6  +9    33pts

5    U o Stirling   P18  W7 D5 L6  -3    26pts

6    BSC Glasgow    P19  W7 D4 L8  +4    25pts

On 14/12/2016 at 09:11, ecto said:

I also think it would be good for the league for Edinburgh to survive, for to many years there was no punishment for failure, far to many clubs took league status for granted, the Junior angle for me is the interesting one, I just wonder if one will ever take the plunge, I believe whenever one does there could be more, if that is the case we could really see a shake up of our game

B'Jesus the shake up is a commin' and unlikel;y Brora Rangers will make the same balls of the pyramid play-off as a couple of years ago. Been told a cracking new manager lined up and some big named players commin to the club. The junior angle ,gis a break!. Montrose oot and Brora in.

Archived