Trapdoorwatch 2016-17

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fortnight passed.

No SPFL2 today. Formartine's turn to slip-up drawing with Forres. EK beat 'Shire 1-0 and Spartans lost at home to Cumbernauld in midweek and had to score a late penalty to draw 2-2 at Civil Service Strollers today.

SPFL2

6    Elgin          P4 W2 D0 L2  +2     6pts

7    Stirling A.    P4 W1 D1 L2  -1     4pts

8    Cowdenbeat.    P4 W1 D0 L3  -2     3pts

9    Montrose       P4 W0 D2 L4  -3     2pts

--------------------------------------------

10   Edinburgh C    P4 W0 D0 L4  -7     0pts

Highland League

1    Buckie         P7 W47D0 L0 +27    21pts

2    Brora          P7 W6 D0 L1 +24    18pts

3    Cove           P7 W5 D1 L1 +12    16pts

4    Formartine     P7 W5 D1 L1 +10    16pts

5    Fraserburgh    P6 W4 D2 L0  +9    14pts

6    Lossiemouth    P7 W4 D1 L2  -3    13pts

Lowland League

1    East Kilbr.    P7 W7 D0 L0 +24    21pts

2    Cumbernauld    P8 W6 D0 L2  +9    18pts

3    Spartans       P7 W4 D2 L1 +11    14pts
4    Whitehill      P8 W4 D1 L3  -2    13pts

5    Gretna         P7 W5 D0 L3  -3    12pts
6    Vale of L      P7 W3 D2 L2  +2    11ptd

7    Dalbeattie     P7 W3 D2 L2   0    11pts
8    East Stirl.    P5 W3 D1 D1  +9    10pts

7 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

I was at Formartine-Forres. Would be surprised if the home team challenges seriously for the title this year. One dimensional, one paced. 

They've had a poor start. Struggled past Fort and Clach, pumped out the cup by Aberdeen 20s, struggled to a draw yesterday and took a pumping at home to Wick.

• 2 weeks later...

Edinburgh City's sluggish start continues, with last week's opening point at Stirling not being built upon with a narrow loss to Montrose today.

Brora dropped points last weekend when Cove thrashed Formartine. Cove promptly dropped points midweek. Buckie's blistering start continues unabated with 4-0, 2-5 and 7-0 wins taking them 5pts clear.

Excitement in LL as East Stirlingshire thumped the high-placed Cumbernauld 4-1 last week - only for the 'Shire to then be demolished 7-4 at bottom of the table Selkirk today. East Kilbride remain the pace-setters here with Dalbeattie and VoL moving upwards.

SPFL2 (36 games)

6    Annan          P6 W2 D2 L2  -1     8pts

7    Cowdenbeath    P6 W2 D0 L4  -3     6pts

8    Montrose       P6 W1 D2 L3  -3     5pts

Stirling A.    P6 W1 D2 L3  -4     5pts

10   Edinburgh C    P6 W0 D1 L5  -8     1pt

Highland League (34 games)

1    Buckie         P10 W10 D0 L0 +41    30pts

----------------------------------------------

2    Brora          P10  W8 D1 L1 +26    25pts

3    Cove           P10  W7 D2 L1 +20    23pts

4    Formartine     P10  W7 D1 L2 +12    22pts

5    Fraserburgh    P10  W6 D2 L1  +8    20pts

6    Wick           P10  W5 D3 L2 +12    18pts

Lowland League (30 games)

1    East Kilbr.    P8 W8 D0 L0 +26    24pts

2    Cumbernauld    P9 W6 D0 L3  +6    18pts

3    Spartans       P8 W5 D2 L1 +14    17pts
4    Dalbeattie     P9 W5 D2 L2  +6    17pts

5    Vale of L      P8 W4 D2 L2  +4    14pts
6    East Stirl.    P7 W4 D1 L2  +9    13pts

7    Whitehill      P9 W4 D1 L4  -4    13pts

19 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

only for the 'Shire to then be demolished 7-4 at bottom of the table Selkirk today.

Fucking hell. :lol:

It wasn't much more than a year ago, we couldn't break Shire down and they ground out a 1-0 win in the first game of the season. Now they're getting blown apart by the likes of Selkirk. Mental.

Fucking hell. :lol:

It wasn't much more than a year ago, we couldn't break Shire down and they ground out a 1-0 win in the first game of the season. Now they're getting blown apart by the likes of Selkirk. Mental.

Supposedly they have a woeful defence (nae shit Sherlock etc) but are great going forward. Least they'll have an exciting season

Been a strange month for East Stirlingshire. Three weeks ago they won 8-3 at Civil Service Strollers - it was 7-3 at HT! Then they lost 1-0 at East Kilbride. They then won 4-1 at home to Cumbernauld. Now they lose 7-4 at Selkirk.

It's all the more remarkable considering Selkirk's start - managed by Garry O'Connor of course. They lost 6 in a row scoring 4 and conceding 22. They then beat Gala 7-1 in the derby a fortnight ago which broke every form book going. Last week it was back to poor form getting thumped 5-1 at Dalbeattie. Yet they then go out today and blow East Stirlingshire away 7-4.

45 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Been a strange month for East Stirlingshire. Three weeks ago they won 8-3 at Civil Service Strollers - it was 7-3 at HT! Then they lost 1-0 at East Kilbride. They then won 4-1 at home to Cumbernauld. Now they lose 7-4 at Selkirk.

It's all the more remarkable considering Selkirk's start - managed by Garry O'Connor of course. They lost 6 in a row scoring 4 and conceding 22. They then beat Gala 7-1 in the derby a fortnight ago which broke every form book going. Last week it was back to poor form getting thumped 5-1 at Dalbeattie. Yet they then go out today and blow East Stirlingshire away 7-4.

Loving the goals scored/conceded in League 2 this season.  Forfar clearly getting the positve results at the moment but that will change before the season is out.  I'd rather watch games full of goals than dire 0-0, 1-0 games any day.

12 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Have Buckie Thistle came into money? Always thought they were a mid table team at best.

Been chatting to a Buckie fan on Twitter who runs a blog on Highland League football.  He said they've made some good signings over the summer and while they must have spent some cash on securing players like John MacLeod from Brora they don't have a sugar daddy type pumping lots of funds into the playing squad.

I was actually at Edinburgh v Montrose as I completed visiting all 42 grounds.  Not a great game it has to be said.  Edinburgh just seem to be lacking a couple of players I feel that would make them more competitive.  Meadowbank is also a strange stadium to watch football due to the single massive stand and the distance from the stand to the pitch.  I'd like to see Edinburgh stay up and I think they need a season or two to find their feet.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see of they get that chance or not.

CskLz3SXgAEzNzI.jpg

On 9/17/2016 at 22:28, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Have Buckie Thistle came into money? Always thought they were a mid table team at best.

Very shrewd signings mainly.  Signing guys like Sam Urquhart, James Fraser and Kevin Fraser from Inverness seems to be doing the trick for them, as well as the boy from Brora already mentioned.

There's still remnants of the back to back title winning sides of 08-09 and 09-10 there too which helps.  That'll bring experienced and cool heads if it gets to the business end and they're still up there.

Very shrewd signings mainly.  Signing guys like Sam Urquhart, James Fraser and Kevin Fraser from Inverness seems to be doing the trick for them, as well as the boy from Brora already mentioned.

There's still remnants of the back to back title winning sides of 08-09 and 09-10 there too which helps.  That'll bring experienced and cool heads if it gets to the business end and they're still up there.

Good to hear of a club progressing well without overspending!

As an Edinburgh City season ticket holder I think I'll be spending a fair bit of time on this thread. Pretty worried about facing East Kilbride in the playoff (I know there's a long way to go). Looking at some of the high scoring games in the Lowland League I'm almost starting to miss it..........

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

As an Edinburgh City season ticket holder I think I'll be spending a fair bit of time on this thread. Pretty worried about facing East Kilbride in the playoff (I know there's a long way to go). Looking at some of the high scoring games in the Lowland League I'm almost starting to miss it..........

Don't fret. We've looked shite since the league campaign started and I have great faith in our ability to architect another relegation.

Archived