Trapdoorwatch 2016-17

Time for an update.

In the Lowland League we know East Kilbride are champions. They finish the season at home v 3rd-placed Spartans this Saturday then away v 2nd-placed East Stirlingshire to finish.

In the Highland League things are exceedingly tight with 3 clubs all tied on 75pts after Buckie and Cove dropped points recently. Brora have a game fewer - and potential controversy could lie ahead, as they have not been scheduled a game on the last day of the season (which HL had left clear then filled with postponed games)... meaning Buckie plus Cove could know what results they needed to overtake Brora, if not each other. Here are the remaining fixtures:

Brora
Wed 12 Apr - Wick (H)
Sat 15 Apr - Fort William (A)
Sat 22 Apr - no game

Buckie
Wed 12 Apr - Fraserburgh (A)
Sat 15 Apr - Formartine (A)
Sat 22 Apr - Strathspey (H)

Cove
Wed 12 Apr - Turriff (A)
Sat 15 Apr - Lossiemouth (A)
Sat 22 Apr - Lossiemouth (H)

In SPFL2 we find 4 clubs still scrapping for survival. Berwick has 36pts, Edinburgh City has 34pts, Clyde has 33pts and Cowdenbeath has 30pts. No-one has a really commanding, or desperate, GD. Intrigue is added by the fact that Berwick close with games away v Clyde then home v Edinburgh City. Here are the remaining fixtures:

Berwick
Sat 15 Apr - Annan (A)
Sat 22 Apr - Montrose (H)
Sat 29 Apr - Clyde (A)
Sat 06 May - Edinburgh City (H)

Clyde
Sat 15 Apr - Elgin (H)
Sat 22 Apr - Forfar (A)
Sat 29 Apr - Berwick (H)
Sat 06 May - Montrose (A)

Cowdenbeath
Sat 15 Apr - Stirling (A)
Sat 22 Apr - Arbroath (H)
Sat 29 Apr - Forfar (H)
Sat 06 May - Elgin (A)

Edinburgh City
Sat 15 Apr - Arbroath (A)
Sat 22 Apr - Annan (H)
Sat 29 Apr - Stirling (H)
Sat 06 May - Berwick (A)

SFs have been drawn meaning the playoff schedule is known to be:

Saturday 29th April
(HL Champion) v East Kilbride

Saturday 6th May
East Kilbride v (HL Champion)

Saturday 13th May
[SF Winner] v (10th in SPFL2)

Saturday 20th May
(10th in SPFL2) v [SF Winner]

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know why it is, but something has made me change my opinion on berwick a bit and I really hope that they don't go down and I'd like edinburgh to stay up aswell, so hopefully it'll be clyde or cowden that finish bottom (no offence to either of them) and I'm not bothered about how the play-off games go.

Just now, AJBRFC said:

Is Yellow Feet going off the radar the reason for this?

I've not seen any of his posts in months, so it may be, but it's just since we played yous on Saturday my thoughts have kind of changed on yous, if there's a team out of the bottom 4 I want to stay up it's either yous or edinburgh.

I dont know why it is, but something has made me change my opinion on berwick a bit and I really hope that they don't go down and I'd like edinburgh to stay up aswell, so hopefully it'll be clyde or cowden that finish bottom (no offence to either of them) and I'm not bothered about how the play-off games go.

The BinoFeet bromance has obviously developed an unbreakable bond between Stirling and Berwick. What a joy to behold.

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

The BinoFeet bromance has obviously developed an unbreakable bond between Stirling and Berwick. What a joy to behold.

Why would you care about coming onto this thread when your club is in the lowland league and has no chance of promotion?

7th Edinburgh City P33  GD -9 Pts 37

8th Clyde               P33 GD -12 Pts 36

9th Berwick           P33 GD -15 Pts 36

10th Cowden         P33 GD -13 Pts 33

Berwick
Sat 22 Apr - Montrose (H)
Sat 29 Apr - Clyde (A)
Sat 06 May - Edinburgh City (H)

Clyde
Sat 22 Apr - Forfar (A)
Sat 29 Apr - Berwick (H)
Sat 06 May - Montrose (A)

Cowdenbeath
Sat 29 Apr - Forfar (H)
Sat 06 May - Elgin (A)

Edinburgh City
Sat 22 Apr - Annan (H)
Sat 29 Apr - Stirling (H)
Sat 06 May - Berwick (A)

Plenty excitement to come.

6 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Clyde vs Berwick and Berwick vs Edinburgh should go a long way to deciding who finishes bottom.

Cowdenbeath got the toughest games of the four teams.

Forfar won one of last 11 and Elgin won none of last 9.

That should class them as easy fixtures.

The Berwick game for us is going to be massive, although if we can do the business in Forfar on Saturday I would rate our chances of staying up.

Cowdenbeath
Sat 29 Apr - Forfar (H)
Sat 06 May - Elgin (A)

Hawick Royal Albert have a nice bar at the back of their stand. Something for the Cowden fans to look forward to.

Suffice to say that with the exception of past financial calamity Berwick Rangers is facing its gravest hour since the expulsion crisis of the early 1950s. Nevertheless still a 3pt cushion + 2 H games + finish v Clyde & Edinburgh City. Guts required.

34 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Hawick Royal Albert have a nice bar at the back of their stand. Something for the Cowden fans to look forward to.

Btw were HL champions to win the promotion playoff then, as things stand, both Preston and Hawick would be relegated from LL... Edusport Academy would also be promoted from SOSL as things stand.

arbroath lost today and drew last week, forfar are in terrible form and we gave them some good games when we were dross and they were on form, elgin have been up and down all season and are off form. 

we definitely have a chance.

interesting to see its now berwick who we need to overcome. only 3 points and we have the better goal difference. 

after all the garbage from some of their moronic fans it would be sweet if they ended 10th.

Archived