La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

8 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:
Jordan Holsgrove made his debut for Celta in that game, scored a cracking volley too.

Never heard of him but if he's Scottish and half decent hell either play at left back or centre mid.

Think he's an attacking midfielder, was at Rangers before I think.  Good to see.

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

More scenes in the Copa del Rey as Atleti get papped oot by Cornellà from Segunda B

dammit,wished id watched that.been a few shocks last few days,hopefully valencia wont be one tomorrow

tbf,the copa del rey is probably a distraction athletico could do without just now

UE Cornella playing fellow city club Barcelona in the next round, just noticed they are neighbours of Espanyol, two club's  stadiums are so close it makes the Dundee clubs look like a trek from each other.

Are all the lower division teams just awarded home games in the next round or is it just a coincidence? 

1 hour ago, Torpar said:

UE Cornella playing fellow city club Barcelona in the next round, just noticed they are neighbours of Espanyol, two club's  stadiums are so close it makes the Dundee clubs look like a trek from each other.

Are all the lower division teams just awarded home games in the next round or is it just a coincidence? 

Not possible, Dens and Tannadice are officially the two closest senior grounds in the world.  

Just checked, Cornella's stadium is 450 metres from Espanyol's.  Dens is, being very generous, 200 yards from Tannadice, though really more like 100.
Maybe between the entrances or something but the actual stadium structures of Cornella and Espanyol are about 10 metres apart

2 hours ago, Aidan said:
17 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:
Just checked, Cornella's stadium is 450 metres from Espanyol's.  Dens is, being very generous, 200 yards from Tannadice, though really more like 100.

Maybe between the entrances or something but the actual stadium structures of Cornella and Espanyol are about 10 metres apart

I'm just quoting what is listed.  Dens and Tannadice are officially the two closest senior grounds on earth, in Guiness Book of Records all that shit.  I would imagine they were aware of Cornella and Espanyol when they awarded this. Dens and Tannadice at the closest point are like fifty yards apart something like that.  

I'm just quoting what is listed.  Dens and Tannadice are officially the two closest senior grounds on earth, in Guiness Book of Records all that shit.  I would imagine they were aware of Cornella and Espanyol when they awarded this. Dens and Tannadice at the closest point are like fifty yards apart something like that.  
That's Cornella and Espanyol there, definitely closer. The 2 in Malmö are also closer than Tannadice and Dens.IMG_20210112_104047.jpg

Good win for Atleti after that banter performance in the cup. 

Four points clear, two games in hand. Things looking pretty good. Trippier makes a huge difference to the team, gives a great option down the right and both goals came from that side. 

2 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Good win for Atleti after that banter performance in the cup. 

Four points clear, two games in hand. Things looking pretty good. Trippier makes a huge difference to the team, gives a great option down the right and both goals came from that side. 

Have to say I'm feeling a little sheepish about my earlier pessimism.  Didn't expect Real to drop points twice and Atleti to win every league game since then. What a chance they have now.

To explain my thinking, the way I see it a smaller club with smaller resources looking to finish above a bigger club with higher quality players and crucially more experienced players can only do it one way -build up a big lead and hang on as its whittled down.

If it ever ends up in a straight race between them imo Real win it every time, that's why they pay their players such big salaries cause guys like Modric and Benzema will just get it done that's what top players do Ramos etc bet Hazard would show up if it came to a title race.

So Atleti had to capitalise on Real's slow start and build up a lead then try to hang on, the loss to Real looked like the start of them getting reeled in before the lead was big enough.  Looks a little different now.