La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
46 minutes ago, Kuro said:
Bale has always been out of his depth there, he's not technically, tactically or intellectually of the level required of a Real Madrid player.  And to have lived in Spain for six years and still not speak Spanish is fucking disgraceful and shows huge disrespect to the club, the fans and his team mates and coaches. 
Top level football is ruthless, they want him gone so why should they pretend otherwise?  It would just the same the other way around if he wanted to leave and they wanted to keep him.  He should consider himself lucky to have played for the world's number one football club and won a lot of trophies when his talent probably doesn't merit quite what he has achieved.

I agree with you with you Pepp, in that Bale's inability to learn Castilian after all that time is disgraceful. I will give you intellectual based on the above, but technical, really? The Madrilenos would not have won at least 2 of the 4 without his contribution. I do not like Bale, but do not downplay his contribution to that despicable club.

Nah that's pish, he really made no difference he just scored a couple of goals and technically isn't on the same level as the rest of their players. That's why he can't play for them long term, the ball slows down when it gets to him, he needs too many touches too much thinking time. 

He just isn't as slick or talented as a guy like Isco or Asensio or Modric or Kroos.  These are top level cerebral footballers with technique of the very highest level, Bale is just an incredible athlete with a great left foot.  Has never been a Real Madrid player, a couple of important goals doesn't change that.

11 hours ago, Kuro said:

Nah that's pish, he really made no difference he just scored a couple of goals and technically isn't on the same level as the rest of their players. That's why he can't play for them long term, the ball slows down when it gets to him, he needs too many touches too much thinking time. 

He just isn't as slick or talented as a guy like Isco or Asensio or Modric or Kroos.  These are top level cerebral footballers with technique of the very highest level, Bale is just an incredible athlete with a great left foot.  Has never been a Real Madrid player, a couple of important goals doesn't change that.

I'm not a huge fan of Bale but if he can't play for them long term because he's not good enough and has never been a Real Madrid player, why has he been there for six years, and why did they offer him a new long-term contract in 2016 paying him around £500k per week? Injuries, problems between him & Zidane and his possible lack of integration with the squad/Spanish way of life now means they want him gone, but that wasn't true of his first 3 years, otherwise they would never have given him a new contract. The Real Madrid fans have never taken to him, but they have always been a fickle bunch.

11 hours ago, s_dog said:

I'm not a huge fan of Bale but if he can't play for them long term because he's not good enough and has never been a Real Madrid player, why has he been there for six years, and why did they offer him a new long-term contract in 2016 paying him around £500k per week? Injuries, problems between him & Zidane and his possible lack of integration with the squad/Spanish way of life now means they want him gone, but that wasn't true of his first 3 years, otherwise they would never have given him a new contract. The Real Madrid fans have never taken to him, but they have always been a fickle bunch.

All clubs make mistakes in the transfer market, the problems between him and Zidane are because Zidane actually has a clue what he's doing and recognises Bale isn't a very good player, not for the level they need anyway, and isn't technically on the level they require.  If he was then no 'problem' would be insurmountable, the only problem has always been Zidane doesn't rate him and he's right not to. 

The Madrid fans don't either, when they sign an attacker for a world record fee they expect him to be able to control the ball with his eyelashes because that is what they're used to, all the best players in the world go there eventually as they are the world's number one club, Bale isn't talent wise or technically of the level they expect or are used to so they never took to him from day one.  They want to be entertained as well as win trophies.

I actually agree with him. Bale is a run really fast and shoot really hard merchant. He's not a typical Spanish league player.

He's also made of glass, is getting old and less athletic, is taking a significant wage and doesn't seem well integrated with his teammates or the city. It makes perfect sense to get rid of him.
They are stupid for renewing his contract three years early though. He was already seen as the type of player to have constant injury problems and they had just signed him till the age of 32/33. Three weeks after the renewal and he was out for 17 games.
Presumably his agent put the pressure on after CL win, CL semi, CL win, Euro semi in consecutive seasons.

15 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Quite keen to get over and watch Eibar this season, purely because of the Scottish connection. Has anyone been before?

could be wrong but I don't think theres any Scottish connection at all other than their fans randondomly calling themselves escocia la brava.well worth a trip though,any match abroad is.

there is a Scottish connection with sevilla fc and elgin city-was in the elgin town museum some years back and there was a wee display purely about sevilla

1 hour ago, highlandcowden said:

could be wrong but I don't think theres any Scottish connection at all other than their fans randondomly calling themselves escocia la brava.well worth a trip though,any match abroad is.

there is a Scottish connection with sevilla fc and elgin city-was in the elgin town museum some years back and there was a wee display purely about sevilla

I believe it was something to do with the town watching the five nations and enjoying the vocal Scottish support. Could well be wrong.

soc_e_banner01jr_576x324.jpg.a9c56b5f1e9137de2bb7aa90deaaa9cd.jpg

As for Elgin, never knew about that. I knew Ross County have a link with Argentine side Rosario Central. All quite interesting.

3 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

I believe it was something to do with the town watching the five nations and enjoying the vocal Scottish support. Could well be wrong.

soc_e_banner01jr_576x324.jpg.a9c56b5f1e9137de2bb7aa90deaaa9cd.jpg

As for Elgin, never knew about that. I knew Ross County have a link with Argentine side Rosario Central. All quite interesting.

ross county and Rosario central?do tell!

wish I could remember what the sevilla/elgin connection was-any elgin fans on here able to elaborate?there was lots of british mining involvement in andalucia at the end of the 19th century and sevilles also a port so id imagine its something to do with that

Quite keen to get over and watch Eibar this season, purely because of the Scottish connection. Has anyone been before?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportshistoryculture.blog/2016/01/05/sd-eibar-eskozia-la-brava-scotland-the-brave/amp/

The connection is through one of the club's "Peñas" (fan clubs).

They took the name after a couple of fans visited Scotland for a rugby game.

This got a lot of publicity a few of years ago after Eibar were promoted against all odds to La Liga in 2014.

Before the season started they were told they needed to be able to show they had a budget able to keep in line with the league rules. (Plus the FA didn't fancy a diddy team in La Liga)

This from the Guardian:

"The main problem is the reappearance of the conspiracy theory. Even though the club may finish as champions, the Spanish FA has insisted that Eibar raise €1.7m in capital value (25% of the average expenses of all the teams in Segunda) by 6 August, and that if they don’t, they will be relegated to Segunda B, the third division. Given that Eibar have no debt (practically the only club in the division who can say that) the demand seems unreasonable, to say the least. The club have issued 34,486 shares at €50 each hoping to raise the money. So far they’ve got up to 40%, but since club rules only allow a maximum holding of 2%, even Xabi Alonso (who campaigned recently in Madrid on behalf of the club) can’t write a very big cheque.
Even the league’s president has admitted that they are a ‘model club’, and that the situation is ‘unfair’. But Spain is different, as they say. Unless the money keeps coming in, the most romantic football story of practically the entire history of Spanish sport is about to be nipped in the bud."

This got a lot of publicity and ended up with shares being sold all over the world, to 10,000 different shareholders in 69 countries and a lot in Scotland because of this fan club and the publicity at the time.

Downside is that their favourite team in Scotland is Celtic ( they played there in a friendly in 2015)

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13462561.bagpipes-in-the-basque-why-celtic-are-playing-eibar-this-weekend/

Here's a pic of Kroos looking pissed off while Eibar celebrate with Scotland flags in the background.

Screenshot_20190728-141510_Chrome.jpeg

Rodrygo Goes [emoji1054]
Eder Militao [emoji1054]
Luka Jovic [emoji1212]
Eden Hazard [emoji1045]
Ferland Mendy [emoji632]

Real Madrid’s pre-season results:
Bayern 3-1 Madrid
Madrid 2-2 Arsenal (Madrid win on penalties)
Madrid 3-7 Atletico
Madrid 0-1 Tottenham

Of course pre season dosnt mean an awful lot but still that's pretty shite

46 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

So still nothing on who will be broadcasting this over here? Do Bet365 stream the games?

sure do;or they certainly did last season and I see no reason why that would change,think they only things they aren't allowed to show are domestic games in any given country and European games/internationals