capybara

La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

I've been lucky enough to see him in the Camp Nou four times and I'm always going to remember that fact. Hopefully get to see him once more before he calls it a day but imagine being at a game like that and seeing that. 

There was video doing the rounds on twitter at the weekend that was this seasons highlights and for most players, they'd be happy if it was their career compilation. He's just the best there is. Graham Hunters commentary for the lob summed it up for me, just laughing - that's basically all you can do. 

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

He makes it look so easy, utterly peerless.

His third goal yesterday was exquisite.  Cushioned with just the right weight and projection; fair play to the Betis fans who appreciated just how special it was.

Booked a last minute deal to Majorca, and can see that RCD Mallorca are scheduled to play the weekend I am there.  First off, what's the likelihood of the game being moved, and secondly, how difficult is it to source tickets?   Can you just walk up to the stadium on the day and get one?  Buy through a website?  Any hints/tips greatly appreciated.

17 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Filthy goal, he’s the best flat track bully you will ever see. 

Mishit cross IMO.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Booked a last minute deal to Majorca, and can see that RCD Mallorca are scheduled to play the weekend I am there.  First off, what's the likelihood of the game being moved, and secondly, how difficult is it to source tickets?   Can you just walk up to the stadium on the day and get one?  Buy through a website?  Any hints/tips greatly appreciated.

I cant imagine youd have any issues getting in to see Majorca,big stadium and are they not segunda B these days?take id,you might need it

check soccerway website in the weeks leading up to the match and it should give you a kick off time(remember to add an hour for local time,mind)think most segunda B are Saturday or,more likely,sunday. The Spanish league are notorious for the late scheduling of fixtures and it can be even worse for the lower leagues-when I was over in Valencia in January some tercera games weren't given a time until less than a week before

Edited by highlandcowden

Anyone know the reason  why Real Betis wave a big green union jack in the stand behind the goal ?? Gads.

Anyone know the reason  why Real Betis wave a big green union jack in the stand behind the goal ?? Gads.

Apparently it’s always been used as a tribute to the country that came up with the term ‘hooligans’. I’ve noticed it before a few times. Their ultras are called the ‘United Family’ and they use that name, not the Spanish translation.

ITV4 have some live La Liga coming up, Sun 31st Real Madrid v Huesca 7.30pm and Tues 2nd Villarreal v Barcelona 8.15pm.

Xabi Alonso has won his first trophy as a head coach.
His Real Madrid Under-13 side won 22 games, drew one, lost none, scoring 142 goals and conceding 12.

Lionel Messi is the first player in the history of football to score at least 40 goals in 10 consecutive seasons.

Decent

Villarreal must be absolutely sick. Those two finishes were unbelievable though.

That last goal from Suarez was the best of the lot. Unreal technique on that.

Barca v Atletico has been brilliant until Costa got sent off, since then it has been flat.

As soon as Coutinho goes off Barca score twice. Seems more than coincidental, he adds absolutely nothing to this team and frankly Malcolm should be starting while Dembele is out.