La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Levante have given 14.610 free season tickets to fans who attended every match during the 2018-19 season. They did the same for this campaign (9,261 that time - so a 63% increase).
This is teckle

Amazed they can afford to do that, you'd think that with all the telly money in England one of the less supported sides could do the same. Used to go to the odd Bolton game for £15 in the Premier League at a time when Man U and the like were over £60.

26 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Levante have given 14.610 free season tickets to fans who attended every match during the 2018-19 season. They did the same for this campaign (9,261 that time - so a 63% increase).
This is teckle

hope the guy who got me into the ground for free back in January got his(it was his sons who had to work)of course,this explains why folks were keen to help out perfect strangers get in for nowt

40 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

This is teckle

P.S. I see it was dependent on Levante not getting relegated. 

Edited by welshbairn

MARCA reporting that Atleti are about to sign João Felix for 120 million euros a year as Griezmann's replacement. Interesting piece of business, if true. Huge amount of money for a 19 year old. 

Felipe has signed already and Mario Hermoso on the way as well. The next vital piece of business is to keep a hold of Rodri.

Some scenes if no one ends up wanting Griezmann though. Rumours that he opened up negotiation with Barca in march have not gone down well.

Didn't know which thread to put this in but Fernando Torres has retired.  A player that looked so brilliant when he joined Liverpool and had some good time with Chelsea (but a lot of not so good time with them).  Regained form in Spain and had a great career. 

Oh and he won the World Cup

Marcos Llorente has joined Atleti for a rumoured fee of £35 million. Real fans seem to be unhappy for a couple of reasons. What a shame.

Decent player that just wasn’t quite good enough to be a starter. He had some very good games but nowhere near as effective as Casemiro. Surprised they’ve sold him though as he’s a very capable backup.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Real Madrid coming across as the utterly classless c***s they are, in the Gareth Bale saga. If I was him, I’d happily rot on the reserves for 500k a week just to piss them off.

Zidane, my all time favourite footballing hero, is now on the c**t list.

Pretty brutal from Zidane. 

"Bale did not play because he is very close to leaving. We hope he leaves soon, it would be best for everyone. We are working on his transfer to a new team." 

"I have nothing personal against him, but there comes a time where things are done because they must be done, I have to make decisions, we have to change (after last season). The exit is the coach's decision, and also of the player, who knows the situation. The situation will change, I do not know if in 24 or 48 hours, but it will, and it's a good thing for everyone." 

Can see the attraction of staying in Madrid and picking up his wages, is it really worth moving to China even if it means more cash, he's already set for life with what he's earned so far.

Bale has always been out of his depth there, he's not technically, tactically or intellectually of the level required of a Real Madrid player.  And to have lived in Spain for six years and still not speak Spanish is fucking disgraceful and shows huge disrespect to the club, the fans and his team mates and coaches. 

Top level football is ruthless, they want him gone so why should they pretend otherwise?  It would just the same the other way around if he wanted to leave and they wanted to keep him.  He should consider himself lucky to have played for the world's number one football club and won a lot of trophies when his talent probably doesn't merit quite what he has achieved.

Guest Moomintroll
Bale has always been out of his depth there, he's not technically, tactically or intellectually of the level required of a Real Madrid player.  And to have lived in Spain for six years and still not speak Spanish is fucking disgraceful and shows huge disrespect to the club, the fans and his team mates and coaches. 
Top level football is ruthless, they want him gone so why should they pretend otherwise?  It would just the same the other way around if he wanted to leave and they wanted to keep him.  He should consider himself lucky to have played for the world's number one football club and won a lot of trophies when his talent probably doesn't merit quite what he has achieved.
I agree with you with you Pepp, in that Bale's inability to learn Castilian after all that time is disgraceful. I will give you intellectual based on the above, but technical, really? The Madrilenos would not have won at least 2 of the 4 without his contribution. I do not like Bale, but do not downplay his contribution to that despicable club.