La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

On 24/04/2019 at 12:54, GNU_Linux said:

Next 6 editions of the Supercopa de Espana to be hosted in Saudi Arabia

Jesus that's embarrassing.  They have the best product in the world but aren't marketed nearly as well as the EPL.

I see Barca played an entirely changed first team against Celta last night and lost, meaning Celta are now 1 point above relegation places. Don’t know if Spain has similar rulings to England and if they could end up fined like Man Utd a few years ago. If you’re one of the other relegation threatened teams you’d be seething, but that being said the team they put out should still have been more than capable of getting a result.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I see Barca played an entirely changed first team against Celta last night and lost, meaning Celta are now 1 point above relegation places. Don’t know if Spain has similar rulings to England and if they could end up fined like Man Utd a few years ago. If you’re one of the other relegation threatened teams you’d be seething, but that being said the team they put out should still have been more than capable of getting a result.

I think they're five points above relegation places now.

Tbf they also fielded a very similar team against Huesca and drew 0-0, so they've done a couple of favours to the teams in the relegation fight.

On 05/05/2019 at 21:06, the_bully_wee said:

Huesca vs Valencia is live on ITV4 at the moment. I can't claim to have watched a game involving the former this season, but on the basis of this (it was 0-6 after 50-odd minutes) I can't believe this lot came anywhere close to survival. 

The defending in that game was dire. Shocking pass-back for the 3rd or 4th.

I doubt Barca will anger many teams with their lineup this weekend. Given it's their last home game of the season, and also the result midweek, presumably they'll put a strong team out. Shame for Getafe as a point would be huge for them. 

Griezmann leaving is an interesting one for Atleti. Undoubtedly he has been fantastic but as the season progresses, he looked like he was dialing it in. His performances in the Champions League were especially poor. He is a wonderful player but an utter narcissist and few tears will be shed at him leaving. 

With Godin, Juanfran and Filipe Luis also confirmed to be leaving, huge summer of rebuilding for Atleti. Looks like they've started already with Felipe, Herrera and Alex Telles all supposed to be coming in from Porto with plenty other rumours of Dybala and João Felix being lined up when Griezmann goes. 

Rodrigo would be a huge loss if the rumours of him going to Man City are true. 

43 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
56 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:
That’s got to be total bullshit. Vinicius was one of their best players this season and he’d get a game for most teams in the world. He’s too good for Valladolid.

I think so also however zidane may have his players he wants and he isnt part of it?

Even if that was the case and he was available, there would be far bigger and better clubs than Valladolid interested in him. Non-story I think.