La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

some La Liga games may be postponed this weekend due to their being a heatwave

I saw a temperature gauge in Sevilla that read 60C the other day, was in the middle of the road, so probably exaggerated slightly, but still, I believe it is well over 40C and doesn't get much cooler at night.

Way too hot to do pretty much anything outdoors, nevermind play football

Just turned on the betis Granada game and it's utter carnage. Granada have 10 men at 2-2 and missed a penalty, keeper saved the rebound then cleared off the line. Then it all kicked off and players were all over the place on the ground, the two goalies squared up to each other. Mental.

I see the Supercopa Catalunya has been restored this season and is to be played on Tuesday 25th October in Tarragona. It's a domestic midweek - but there are no La Liga or Copa del Rey matches. Is it likely that Espanyol and Barcelona will play their first-teams, given they will have nothing else on - or just the reserves? Is it likely to be available live anywhere?

That's one of the most engrossing matches I've watched in ages. The quality wasn't the greatest, especially in the first half, but it was end to end and both teams were flying into challenges. Thought the referee got the right balance between letting the game flow and keeping things under control.

Betis can count themselves unlucky not to have taken a point. Harsh 'offside' call and they dominated for a spell after. Think Sevilla's quality just saw them through though. They won 14/19 home games last season and are 3/3 so far this campaign. For Betis, it's another game where they've failed to score against their rivals; their last goal came in March 2014!

Also, imagine the mayhem if a derby match in Scotland kicked off at 10PM :lol:

Why are the empty spaces behind the goal Barca were defending in the first half? I noticed it last week too and assumed it was because nobody particularly cared about the first game in the CL but the same spot is empty again tonight. Anyone know why?