La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

16 minutes ago, jagfox said:

The fairytale continues...

Not a fairytale, more that with having been papped out of the CL Xavi needs to win La Liga for the club to retain any credibility.  Particularly given the financial hoops they’ve jumped through recently.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not a fairytale, more that with having been papped out of the CL Xavi needs to win La Liga for the club to retain any credibility.  Particularly given the financial hoops they’ve jumped through recently.

I feel the "financial hoops" have cost them any "credibilty" to the outside eye. Don't get me wrong Real Madrid have carried out various nefarious financial schemes in the past. 

Both still running the European Super league baton.

I hope they fall on their faces with that latter one.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a subscription for Viaplay for Scotland National Team matches but for the first time I stuck on a La Liga game on tonight (Villareal v Vallecano) and was surprised to see the in play graphics. They are a little bit meaningless, but are part of an ongoing evolution of football and I think they were done reasonably well.

I assume this is something put in place by LaLiga TV and not Viaplay and we won't therefore see these sort of graphics for March's Scotland National team games. I put a small video showing some of them for anyone who hasn't seen them.

On 30/01/2023 at 22:06, 2426255 said:

I have a subscription for Viaplay for Scotland National Team matches but for the first time I stuck on a La Liga game on tonight (Villareal v Vallecano) and was surprised to see the in play graphics. They are a little bit meaningless, but are part of an ongoing evolution of football and I think they were done reasonably well.

I assume this is something put in place by LaLiga TV and not Viaplay and we won't therefore see these sort of graphics for March's Scotland National team games. I put a small video showing some of them for anyone who hasn't seen them.

Yeah, laligatv graphics rather than intrinsic Viaplay ones.

• 3 weeks later...

I came across a cool program on LaLiga Tactics called Notes of the Week where Andrea Orlandi (Swansea, Brighton) and Albert Ferrer (Chelsea, Barcelona) examined Real Madrid's attempts to use the left side, Antoine Griezmann's positioning for Atletico Madrid and the channels that Barcelona looked to progress the ball via Eric Garcia (Long Diagonals) and Andreas Christiansen (Slide rule pass).

Sorry about the lack of sound and low resolution, I was just testing something else out while recording this.

Edited by 2426255

Probably the most enjoyable night in a long time at the metropolitano last night. Simeone taking his 613th game in charge making him the manager with the most games in the club's history. 

Atleti thumped Sevilla 6-1 and played some great stuff along the way. Memphis second goal, Griezmann's goal and the assist from Griezmann for Morata's first were exceptional. Atleti unbeaten in eight now - seem to have found the right system and reminding me of the year before winning La Liga last. Still capable of of the odd comedy performance but pretty close to being a very good side. 

Sevilla were absolutely terrible. All over the shop defensively and right in the mix to go down.

IMG_20230304_212612.thumb.jpg.3002e7d58d61b12eef17b6f1c5ee4bd7.jpg

IMG_20230304_200943.thumb.jpg.4d72bef8c07477ac2ef4805aa1647b65.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64918604

BBC giving updates on the FC Barcelona-related prosecutions there. Something very helpful to this is that the whole thing is a fully sealed off Catalan affair. The payments were first reported on by Catalan media and all criminal investigations have been Catalan. There has been no Madrid input anywhere, which prevents the (not unreasonable) accusations of bias that would've been made.

Edit: Publicly revealed evidence so far doesn't implicate Joan Laporta much, although there are questions for him to answer from his first presidency in the 2000s. Josep Bartomeu and Sandro Rossell are looking most guilty. They're Barca's most recent and second most recent presidents before Laporta's current, second stint. Rossell has been jailed before for fraud so hardly surprising. Then Bartomeu was so wildly incompetent as president that him also being a cheat would fit too.

Edited by FreedomFarter